Let's pay Lindy's fine

Gurtler'sYuroTrain

Typical sellout at a home game = at least 18,000 people. Granted, not all of them are Sabres fans, but if everyone donates a dollar at the next home game, we can show our support for Lindy and the Sabres and pay that ridiculous fine. Question is, where do we collect donations, and who do we contact in the organization to give what's collected?

If we collect enough $$$, maybe we can set some aside for our next fine...*cough cough*

What do you guys think?

Hmmm.. nice idea.. just contact the Sabres front office... I'm sure that they would say something to the effect of that they couldn't support that because of such and such a rule, but who knows, maybe they would support this!?

but still to do that would be pretty kool... and at the very least a 10,000 donation to the Sabres foundation wouldnt be a bad end result. if ya do this.. Good luck and I hope it happens!

My father was just telling me that he heard on the news that some pizza place in Williamsville(?) is setting up a fund to help pay Lindy's fine, and is donating 10% of their sales to the fund...looking for a link for verification.

Hmmm.. nice idea.. just contact the Sabres front office... I'm sure that they would say something to the effect of that they couldn't support that because of such and such a rule, but who knows, maybe they would support this!?

but still to do that would be pretty kool... and at the very least a 10,000 donation to the Sabres foundation wouldnt be a bad end result. if ya do this.. Good luck and I hope it happens!

Do it under the table. After all, Colin Campbell's ability to assess a fine reminds me of his being a :chris: .

You could make a PayPal account for it, and then ask one of the Admins to link to it on these boards or on the Sabrespace mainpage.

Of course, you have to be trustworthy and actually deliver the money to Lindy!

Maybe coordinate this with the pizza place in Williamsville? A simple press release to the three TV stations and this would probably get airtime on 6 oclock news.

I'd put in a buck through paypal if you coordinated it. Paypal makes it easy to just put it on a credit or debit card in an internet-safe way.

IF the Sabres refused to accept the money, it could always be donated to a local head trauma/concussion center to make a point. Whether the Sabres/Lindy agreed to accept it or not, raising the money is a consrtuctive way telling the league what we think of their decision. If 10k goes to help a local head trauma center in Chris Drury's name, it would be picked up as a national sports story too.

----------------------------

Of course, the 10k could also be used to commission a life sized bronze statue of Lindy to be placed down by HSBC on the cobblestone walk around the arena. I've always loved the sports heros statues that some venues have, like 3Com park or wherever it is that the SF Giants play.

----------------------------

Of course, the 10k could also be used to commission a life sized bronze statue of Lindy to be placed down by HSBC on the cobblestone walk around the arena. I've always loved the sports heros statues that some venues have, like 3Com park or wherever it is that the SF Giants play.

A bronze statue of Lindy should probably have him posed teetering on the top of the boards yelling at some unfortunate coach...haha

I'm all in for it though. There's not a coach in pro sports that I like more than Lindy Ruff

BETTER YET, WE'LL RAISE A $10,000 BOUNTY TO PUT ON CHRIS NIEL'S HEAD.

DON'T WORRY FELLAS, RETIREES IN FLORIDA ARE DESPERATE FOR HOCKEY.

Don't ya think $10,000 is a little pricey for that turd burglar? I'm sure we could find someone to take out Neil for $10, maybe $20 bucks, maybe just a twelver of Blue. :beer:

sabres.com released a statement on fan donations... said it wasn't necessary as the team will pay the fine.

if you really feel like donating, donate in the name of lindy ruff to the sabres foundation, miller's steadfast charity, or whatever charity you'd like. That's money better spent

I think they should let the fans contribute. Instead of collecting 10k, let's go for 25K. Let other teams know that if you run our players, we have a "fines" war chest. This way, Lindy can do it again. If we don't need it, contribute it to charity at the end of the seasn.

God, some of you really have no lives in addition of having your priorities way out of wack. Lindy makes some very nice coin and won't have any trouble coming up with 10K (assuming Golisano doesn't slip him the $$$ for a job well done.) If you guys put this much effort into a worthwhile cause like, I don't know, solving the homeless problem, maybe our city would get somewhere. You could donate some pizzas and such too.

I admire your passion but please get a grip.

Go Sabres!!!

God, some of you really have no lives in addition of having your priorities way out of wack. Lindy makes some very nice coin and won't have any trouble coming up with 10K (assuming Golisano doesn't slip him the $$$ for a job well done.) If you guys put this much effort into a worthwhile cause like, I don't know, solving the homeless problem, maybe our city would get somewhere. You could donate some pizzas and such too.

I admire your passion but please get a grip.

Go Sabres!!!

so, let me get this straight... you're telling us not to donate to charity?

so, let me get this straight... you're telling us not to donate to charity?

That's what it sounds like to me.

I took the whole jist of this post as showing the rest of North America what kind of people WNY'ers are. I think 98% of people on this board know that money would never get to Lindy, but would definitely go to a worthy charitable cause instead.

Archived