RJ Umberger has no class whatsoever

FogBat

My take is that RJ waited too long. If he wanted to settle things, he should have done it the first game of the season. Especially when they were getting their clock cleaned in Buffalo. Maybe that fight would have motivated an otherwise shellshocked and listless effort that night.

If he wanted to settle it, I don't think he should have waited for Campbell to be ready.

To wait for the third meeting of the season and almost a year is a bit much. So to me, it was a joke.

All he did was insure everyone got to see him with those glazed eyes lying on the ice again. So just like everyone else in this publicity (good or bad) hound society we now live in, he made the topic and focus of attention about him. Maybe he should now shave his head and enter rehab.

My take is that RJ waited too long. If he wanted to settle things, he should have done it the first game of the season. Especially when they were getting their clock cleaned in Buffalo. Maybe that fight would have motivated an otherwise shellshocked and listless effort that night.

If he wanted to settle it, I don't think he should have waited for Campbell to be ready.

To wait for the third meeting of the season and almost a year is a bit much. So to me, it was a joke.

All he did was insure everyone got to see him with those glazed eyes lying on the ice again. So just like everyone else in this publicity (good or bad) hound society we now live in, he made the topic and focus of attention about him. Maybe he should now shave his head and enter rehab.

He tried.

If he just jumps Campbell, ala Bertuzzi, then he faces a suspension. He did the right thing. He went after Campbell face to face.

He tried.

If he just jumps Campbell, ala Bertuzzi, then he faces a suspension. He did the right thing. He went after Campbell face to face.

He didn't try hard enough. If he wanted to, he could have. All the rest is just an excuse.

That reflects poorly on Campbell not Umberger. Campbell knew it was coming and he should have been ready to go. He should have even initiated it. Hockey is a physical game and Campbell avoiding a confrontation doesn't do anything to help the Sabres reputation of being soft.

On a team with this many injuries to forwards, do we really need a dman who's not used to fighting risking a broken thumb, hand, or wrist?

From the avatar you may learn why some are taking it too personally.

It's just part of the game. When the fight started I said it's about time. It was a bit disturbing to learn that Umberger had challenged Campbell in the earlier meetings this season and Campbell backed off. Campbell has to learn that if your going to throw your body around and lay people out, legal or not, there will be repercussions. Ask Ovech. Campbell avoinding the confrontation drops him down a notch in my opinion.

And let's not bash RJ for being "premeditated" than defend Peters. The only reason he is on the team is to fight and when he steps over the boards it's to fight.

That reflects poorly on Campbell not Umberger. Campbell knew it was coming and he should have been ready to go. He should have even initiated it. Hockey is a physical game and Campbell avoiding a confrontation doesn't do anything to help the Sabres reputation of being soft.

You make it sound like Cambell was afraid to fight him. He wasn't and he did eventually. He told Umberger that he wasn't going to fight him earlier on in the year cause the team was short defencemen and he was putting his team over some petty fight.

Umberger only picked the fight so he could have a slight chance to get his nuts back and become a man again after he was embarrassed for getting his bell rung off of a legal hit, where HE had his head down. As I said before, its like Connolly coming back and trying to pick a fight with the guy that knocked him out with a legal hit.

I think I know what the RJ stands for, Rachel Janet maybe?

Cambell 2, Umberger 0

Don worry abbot it!

Umberger will be forever owned by that hit by virtue of YouTube. The "retribution" fight will be forgotten. Soupy handled himself fine anyway, no disgrace there. The hit got Umberger's panties in a knot, and he had to do something about it. He's done that now. Carry on.

He tried.

Really, I don't remember Umberger making any moves toward Campbell in the 9-1 blow-out. And you don't have to ambush a guy like Bertuzzi did to start a fight; that's what makes Bertuzzi such an a-hole.

Face-wash the guy after the whistle, throw a jab into his chin, jab your stick behind his knees, all those things usually grab the other guys attention. If Umberger had made it known that he wanted to fight Campbell, and Campbell backed down, it would be played over and over again in the media, and Umbeger would have gained some vindication.

And it makes more sense for Umberger to challenge Campbell when the Flyers were down 9-1 than to rack up 17 minutes worth of penalties in a 0-0 game.

Maybe Umberger and co. were more interested in getting their coach fired than settling scores in that game.

Anyway, it was good to see Campbell stand in there, even while getting his hair pulled. In the last couple of games, Hecht and Campbell got into fights, and Mair and Peters scored goals. I guess that's what Ruff means when he says he wants guys to play out of character.

Really, I don't remember Umberger making any moves toward Campbell in the 9-1 blow-out.

Really? I remember quite well. RJ sent several stick jabs in Soupy's direction and Brian just kept skating away. Probably would have happened even more but they weren't on the ice at the same time very often. And it WAS mentioned a few times. By the announcers during the game, and during post game interviews.

He's just a whiney little baby who got owned and laid the f@#$ out last year and trying to compensate for it now. How fun watching the playoffs from your home this year...and next...and probably the next after that :beer:

EXACTLY!

Being the that RJ is... He was quoted last year as saying that he couldn't even watch the replay of the hit! It made him too sick or something???... WTF? :doh: :doh:

Denial is not a river in Eypt! You'd think you'd "get back on that horse"... And a part of that is coming to terms with the hit by PERSONALLY WATCHING IT!

Again, what a !

<_<

Archived