GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

if they wrote this as a script to a movie they would reject it because it wasnt believable.

Stranger things have happened. A few years ago, our 6-year-old high school's football team had never done better than 3-7 in their first five seasons, but won a state championship. With their starting QB on the bench with a broken leg. (This is Friday Night Lights Texas High School Football I'm talking about.) Yeah, this stuff happens; that's why we follow sports: No matter how unlikely, any given year, any team can win it all.

since once again, a great sabres effort is dampened by injuries, i'll unpin this thread and hopefully it will get buried in trade speculation. Paille aside, the sabres put on one hell of a show tonight, especially on the PP. Even thorugh all this BS, the sabres machine keeps on rolling.

Just looked over at the Flyers board for their discussion on the game. To say that their posters are juvenile criminals is putting it lightly.

Oh, BTW Umberger: is that all you can do -- bring a knife to a gunfight? Instigating a fight with Campbell was totally unprofessional. No wonder you got 17 minutes for the night! Learn how to check while you're at it. At least Soupy can check. Just remember that.

Oh, one other thing about those flyersphans: they sure do love to remind us of that phantom goal and Scott Norwood's wide right.

Sure, the Flyers have won 2 Stanley Cups. However, how many Super Bowls have they won? ZERO!!! :death:

I haven't seen much speculation on where our coveted UFAs will go next year, but this sure caught my attention when reading the Philadelphia Inquirer article posted today.

"....The Sabres got a power-play goal from Chris Drury, a guy the Flyers would like to sign as a free agent this summer...."

Man that would just be awful to lose Drury to the Flyers...

I haven't seen much speculation on where our coveted UFAs will go next year, but this sure caught my attention when reading the Philadelphia Inquirer article posted today.

"....The Sabres got a power-play goal from Chris Drury, a guy the Flyers would like to sign as a free agent this summer...."

Man that would just be awful to lose Drury to the Flyers...

That came out a couple weeks ago actually, that Philly will be one of the teams trying for Drury. Which just brings us back to Darcy refusing to lock him up during the season, saving everyone a big headache, along with a higher price tag after the season.

Archived