GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm, on the Vs network.

Through all these trade threads and injury reports, the sabres keep on collecting valuable points. Tonight is another 2 point game that they have to get. If there is any truth to the biron rumors, tonight's the perfect showcase game. If biron is not on the block, then start him anyways to protect miller from these goons. I don't think we'll dump 9 on them again, but i see a good solid effort to remind us all that this team may be injury prone, but they're also have the most heart of any team ever. Oh, and they may be terrible, but they're still the flyers. Buffalo 31, Philly 0. 9 forwards get hat tricks, numminen gets 2, peters scores a gordie howe hat trick, and biron scores an empty netter by default as the flyers mishandle a puck on a delayed offsides, where biron is the last sabre to touch the puck before the penalty.

7pm, on the Vs network.

Through all these trade threads and injury reports, the sabres keep on collecting valuable points. Tonight is another 2 point game that they have to get. If there is any truth to the biron rumors, tonight's the perfect showcase game. If biron is not on the block, then start him anyways to protect miller from these goons. I don't think we'll dump 9 on them again, but i see a good solid effort to remind us all that this team may be injury prone, but they're also have the most heart of any team ever. Oh, and they may be terrible, but they're still the flyers. Buffalo 31, Philly 0. 9 forwards get hat tricks, numminen gets 2, peters scores a gordie howe hat trick, and biron scores an empty netter by default as the flyers mishandle a puck on a delayed offsides, where biron is the last sabre to touch the puck before the penalty.

Sorry Corp, but I see these "new look" Sabres only scoring 27 goals tonight. Ryan has had 2 hat tricks in his last 3 games for the Amerks. I see him nabbing 2 tricks tonight. Having to listen to the Vs. announcers is going to make my ears bleed.

I do predict a Peters/Fedoruk battle taking place.

Sorry Corp, but I see these "new look" Sabres only scoring 27 goals tonight. Ryan has had 2 hat tricks in his last 3 games for the Amerks. I see him nabbing 2 tricks tonight. Having to listen to the Vs. announcers is going to make my ears bleed.

I do predict a Peters/Fedoruk battle taking place.

Peters-Fedoruk fight would be nice. Eager was hurt yesterday in the Philadelphia-Boston game. Peters and Eager would of been nice.

Here are the lines that practiced together according to the Buffalo News:

Hecht - Briere - Pominville

Paille - Drury - Mair

Vanek - Roy - Stafford

Ryan - McArthur - Peters

Wow. The only line that stays intact is the Briere line, and Mair moves up to a line with Drury. That alone shows how injury plagued we really are. Briere was also the first to admit that it feels like a different team. Let's hope it doesn't matter against Philly.

Thank GOD we get a break from the trade rumor idiocy for a game night thread. It is really getting ridiculous on the main page, can we get a cap on the number of trade threads?

ANYWAY I am concerned about this game tonight because Philadelphia is nothing but a bunch of goons playing for pride. We have so many injuries already, the last thing anyone needs now is some BS tonight from this team. Hopefully we'll be ok.

This is one game where I am glad we have Peters, but correct me if I'm wrong...didn't he hurt himself last game? That's what RJ said during the last broadcast. I don't know how a guy that plays 2 minutes a game gets hurt...the bench must be making his @ss sore or something.

Buffalo Sabres/Rochester Americans win 3-2 over Philadelphia Phantoms.

Thank GOD we get a break from the trade rumor idiocy for a game night thread. It is really getting ridiculous on the main page, can we get a cap on the number of trade threads?

ANYWAY I am concerned about this game tonight because Philadelphia is nothing but a bunch of goons playing for pride. We have so many injuries already, the last thing anyone needs now is some BS tonight from this team. Hopefully we'll be ok.

This is one game where I am glad we have Peters, but correct me if I'm wrong...didn't he hurt himself last game? That's what RJ said during the last broadcast. I don't know how a guy that plays 2 minutes a game gets hurt...the bench must be making his @ss sore or something.

I remember RJ saying something like that. Maybe it was in practice?

i'm a little concerned as well...philly had 33 shots on goal last night, and only allowed 17...granted...against Boston, but...

BUTTTT...if this bruised team can win against anyone...it's the cryers!!!

About a 2.5 inch splinter lodged itself in his ass. No report on how it happened. :doh:

I think the little guys are going to come up big in the game. Buffalo wins, with the GWG going to a rookie.

all we need is stafford and/or ryan to put up a point or two to relax our nerves for a couple of days. I'm still only concerned about the gaustad injury. Stafford and Ryan can more than fill in for kotalik and afinogenov. Things aren't that bad!

all we need is stafford and/or ryan to put up a point or two to relax our nerves for a couple of days. I'm still only concerned about the gaustad injury. Stafford and Ryan can more than fill in for kotalik and afinogenov. Things aren't that bad!

Ryans been on fire here in Rochester. 9 pts in his last 4 games before the call-up. Let's hope he can keep the hot hand going and grab a pt or 2.

Ryans been on fire here in Rochester. 9 pts in his last 4 games before the call-up. Let's hope he can keep the hot hand going and grab a pt or 2.

He's on a line with Peters, so I'm guessing that he'll only see 2-4 minutes tonight. Sure, Ruff has suggested that he might mix it up, but even that will only add another minute or two. I'm guessing no points. What I'm looking for though is how he plays for those minutes. I haven't seen any of the Amerks games, can someone give me a run down on him? I know he played a few games earlier this year, but didn't he play the fourth line then as well? I don't remember seeing him on the ice much.

I hope so too. But, the guy is almost 27 years old and hasn't shown much. Hopefully he doesn't become a career AHL player.

He's almost too good to be a career AHL'er, but not quite good enough to be an everyday starter in the NHL. Along the lines of Jody Gage, but Ryan is a little better right now. The question is can he be consistent.

Here we go again. I have a night off work, I purchased Center Ice, but I can't see the game because VS has it. What's that you say? I'm in Canada, where we don't get VS, so it should be on Center Ice? True, but oh, TSN has the rights to picking up the VS games, and they've decided not to show it. No, TSN is going with some womens curling action tonight.

And, due to the rules and regs and red-tape of bureaucracy, Center Ice can't show the game if TSn has the rights. Thanks again TSN, you freakin' losers. What a joke. Why doesn't Bettman step in and address this kind of non-sense? If TSN decides not to show the game, why is Center Ice kept from doing so?

Bettman needs to fix this, they may have no bargaining power with the U.S. networks, but pulling the plug on TSN in favor of Sportsnet would amount to the quick demise of TSN. Afterall, there's only so much curling they can show in a year.

Here we go again. I have a night off work, I purchased Center Ice, but I can't see the game because VS has it. What's that you say? I'm in Canada, where we don't get VS, so it should be on Center Ice? True, but oh, TSN has the rights to picking up the VS games, and they've decided not to show it. No, TSN is going with some womens curling action tonight.

And, due to the rules and regs and red-tape of bureaucracy, Center Ice can't show the game if TSn has the rights. Thanks again TSN, you freakin' losers. What a joke. Why doesn't Bettman step in and address this kind of non-sense? If TSN decides not to show the game, why is Center Ice kept from doing so?

Bettman needs to fix this, they may have no bargaining power with the U.S. networks, but pulling the plug on TSN in favor of Sportsnet would amount to the quick demise of TSN. Afterall, there's only so much curling they can show in a year.

Curling over hockey in Canada? WTF is happening up there? And good luck with Bettman trying to figure anything out, he has a hard time tying his shoelaces.

I don't know about "more than" filling in, but will certainly hold their places decently. I'm also concerned about the Gaustad injury, but it was nice the other night to see a guy like Hecht step up into that sort of role. Mair on the second line doesn't scare me; he's had a couple of pretty good games. And don't worry, I'm sure we'll see some mixing of the lines from Ruff. No way will Ryan or MacArthur see as little time as Peters will.

Archived