Sabres vs. Senators (02/04)

Swedesessed

Perfect way to win that game!

Absolutely!

Both goalies were great, but to stop Heatley and Alfredsson to win the game, just wow.

Sabres skated well with the Sens virtually all game. Power play was lackluster, but they were understandably nervous about Ottawa's shorthanded firepower.

And Peters took their tough guy out of the game.

The only bad thing is Ottawa got a point... but I'll take the two!

WOW!!! What a game. The respect that both teams had for each other was obvious, I just didn't expect it from Ottawa.

The Sabres were in a way lucky that they didn't lose because our passing was total crap and Tallinder again had trouble clearing the zone unless he skated it out himself. :ph34r: Good thing Miller was on tonight!

BTW, did anyone notice how Hasek ducked on Vanek's shootout shot? I don't think he expected that hard of a shot so close. Hehehe! :lol:

I'll take the two points. It's a shame we gave one point to Ottawa.

I retract anything I said about peters not winning a fight... he kicked the crap out of McGratton.. that was probably one of the best fights I've seen a Sabre do... minus every fight Rob Ray had.

What a punch.

The team played well, passing left something to be desired. But ladies and gentleman, we just beat hands down one of the top 3 teams in the NHL.

Vanek's move? Holy Cow. He even had me thinking he wiffed.

Ryan Miller.. holy crap. Outstanding.

I can't even pick stars tonight but I think if I had to it would go like this.

3.) Thomas Vanek

2.) Dominik Hasek

1.) Ryan Miller

We really did play well tonight. And hey it's a 3 point night for us.

This was definitely one of the best games of the season, it seemed like both teams were almost afraid to make an aggressive move in fear of giving the other team a break. Pyatt did look like a hockey player.

The guy who still seems to be stuck in a rut is Lydman. Don't know how much it's been noticed, but he's given the puck away a lot since he came back from the injury. Today, his game wasn't bad, I didn't notice any bad giveaways...

I thought our defense played very well. Lydman and Tallinder included. The Giveaways were minimal... i'll look up the stats in a second.

Lydman and Tallinder both had 2 give aways..

Chara had 4.

So I really think the D stepped up tonight..

I'm pretty sure any night you keep Ottawa down to one goal you have a good chance to win and you're having a good night on D.

We didn't give up many rebound chances at all I don't think.

Kind of a wash tonight. On the one hand, it was a huge win that gives the Sabres a ton of confidence in the future against the Sens. On the other hand, Dominik Hasek passed the test in a hostile setting and has to be at least a bit in the heads of the Sabres now. A couple of big questions were answered tonight -- many more are to come.