Sabres @ Thrashers (01/31)

PTS

Good to hear. I've just started, and if I go down the path I'm thinking about, Ph.D. is pretty much a must. Fun.

I'm going to finish with an elementary ed degree, then i'll work for a year or two while i work on my special ed and b-k ad on for my certificate. then i can return to my special ed prek, which i'm an assistant in right now.

Its not much money, but its enough for my house payments, bills and a comfortable living.

ilya kovulchuk just got an illegal stick penalty by the way

game over. 5-2... big chear from the "away" crowd. show the love buffalo fans... i can't wait till they play the canes next week. i'll be there

I started watching the gam ein th emiddle of the 2nd, and they played strong heading home. I sincerely hope that they know the implications of this thursday's game. that one is huge. no letdown.

^Indeed. These next two games are Fuccillo HUGE.

Great comback effort. Pyatt played very well. Nice to see JP get a goal. Hopefully 'Tri isn't hurt. That should have been a penalty for either elbowing or charging.

When I hear the name Eric Boulton, I can't help but think about the worst of times from a few seasons ago. What a joke of a player he is.

Copied my post from "The Wall"

Was at the game...

Boring and sloppy in the 1st (both teams), but the Sabres, as usual, picked it up in the 2nd and beyond.

As for the crowd...Sabres gear was all over the place. Thrashers fans were getting pissed at the loud chorus of "Lets Go Buffalo," every time they tried to start a "Let's Go Thrashers" chant. To quote the woman in front of me, "What are you all doing here, go back to Buffalo."

Was even what I would call a Sabres pep rally (for lack of a better term) in the concourse between periods. "Let's Go Buffalo," filled the halls. Special recognition to the group up in 315 or 316, the Sabres would be lucky to have them at home games.

Was at the game...

Boring and sloppy in the 1st (both teams), but the Sabres, as usual, picked it up in the 2nd and beyond.

As for the crowd...Sabres gear was all over the place. Thrashers fans were getting pissed at the loud chorus of "Lets Go Buffalo," every time they tried to start a "Let's Go Thrashers" chant. To quote the woman in front of me, "What are you all doing here, go back to Buffalo."

Was even what I would call a Sabres pep rally (for lack of a better term) in the concourse between periods. "Let's Go Buffalo," filled the halls. Special recognition to the group up in 315 or 316, the Sabres would be lucky to have them at home games.

That's awesome, I love hearing that stuff. I always expect a big Buffalo turnout in Tampa and Phoenix, but that game today was one of the best and it surprised me. When they panned thru the crowd, it looked like it was seriously about 25% Buffalo fans. As the game and lead grew on, you could hear the chants on TV.

Apparently, this Sabres season has not only lifted attendance at home but has brought out all the out of town Buffalo fans as well.

Good stuff.

Was at the game...

awsome stuff, thanks for posting!

Hearing that chants makes me so excited esspicially when their on the road.

Does anyone if the Sabres did anything for the great crowd in Atlanta? Like, go to center ice and wave?? That would be classy. I feel so proud as a Sabres fan seeing all those Sabres fans there. LETS GO BUFFALO !!

-Kudos to all the transplanted Sabres fans at the game. It sounded like there were at least a couple of thousand of them.

-Game was very similar to the Toronto game in that the Sabres were loosy goosy in their own end for a period and a half and then came out and dominated the third period. The Sabres will really have to play better to beat Philadelphia, Ottawa and Carolina who are all coming up in the next week and a half.

-Miller was freakin' outstanding.

-Time to give Tallinder his due. Not only has he been playing solid in his own end, but somewhere along the line, he became a nice option for lugging the puck out of his own end.

-I've noticed Vanek has been giving a better effort and even playing a little physcial since being paired with Drury and Grier. Nice move Lindy.

-Pominville continues to show that he wants to be in the lineup come playoff time. I thought he was a one dimensional player(goal scorer) who was on the slow side. Instead, I continue to see a guy who's playing both ends of the rink and doesn't appear to be that slow to be. What a great example for "making the most of a chance".

-Great to see Dumont blow by the defenseman and bury that shot upstairs.

Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but here are my favorite items from this game:

1. ripping off 3 road wins in a row to finish that road trip 4-2.

2. Campbell applying some payback to Larson for Larson's hit on Kalinin. That was a big hit and a great team chemistry move -- yet another indication of the great group dynamic that this team has going.

3. Teppo blocking Kovalchuk's slapper at point-blank range -- took it right on the leg and didn't skip a beat. It must've hurt though.

4. Teppo's long lead pass to DuMont for the breakaway and goal.

5. Vanek's goal -- what an amazing play. He backchecked, intercepted a pass by tipping it into the corner, played the carom off the boards perfectly, skated the puck FAST up the ice, feathered a perfect pass to Drury (and it was trickier than it looked to avoid the offsides as the pass and Drury were crossing the blueline almost simultaneously), and got his stick on a Drury slapper from inside the circle for an amazing deflection. If this kid continues to hustle he can become a star in this league.

6. Pominville's goal -- also very nice. Great pass through traffic to Hecht and great job of heading to the net in case there was anything there.

7. Miller! Miller! Miller! At least 10 very good saves and at least 5 great saves. He is the man.

8. More team cameraderie at the end when everyone was congratulating Miller. Maybe I'm just being naive but it really seems that this group really likes each other and is pulling for each other and everyone is busting his butt individually so as not to let down his teammates.

9. The conclusion I came to in the 3rd period: if we get Connolly and Briere back to 100%, if Drury stays healthy, and if Miller continues to play this well, we are going to the conference finals AT LEAST.

Go Sabres.