GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

It's finally gametime. One would assume that the sabres would be a little rusty, but then again so would the jackets. I fully expect the sabres to win tonight, but the big story is the injuries. Do hecht, novotny, and/or tallinder return tonight? Do we get a more concrete timetable for connolly? Believe it or not, the majority of the season has been played, and we're officially in the beginning of crunch time now! Lindy knows this, the team knows this.. The sabres must fine tune their game and get ready for the playoffs. This starts tonight against the jackets. I forsee a power play goal, and a much improved unit. The last two games before the break reminded everyone that the sabres were indeed the "sleeping giant" and that the beast is stirring. Time to teach the blue jackets a lesson, tony danza style.

From today's Buffalo News...

Left wing Jochen Hecht, sidelined since suffering a lower-body injury Jan. 15 in Boston, will be in the lineup against Columbus.

Also,

Tallinder is 50-50 and Novotny is out. No word on who will get called up among Paille, MacArthur, and Stafford. IMHO, Paille has been playing better hockey than a few of our regulars and needs to stay up for good.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Sabres get beat tonite

i predict a lazy, rusty, over confident performance tonite against a team theyre far superior to....

when i saw this game on thew schedule something just hit me and i got the feeling the sabres would lose...

god i hope im wrong, it would be embarassing

but, traditionally,. like st louis and chicago, the sabres come out flat in these type of games...(barely got by chicago)

Anyone else hope that the time off for the All-star game will help this team? I am hoping it will help give some energy back in the legs, and maybe start the rebound for our PK and PP as well. Maybe the struggles there are because we were tired, and not trying as hard since we were still in the "First Half" of the season. Maybe now, the team will be trying to get in Playoff Mode, with respect to their game. The sub-par PP and PK really concern me.

Oh well. I just hope they play well tonight. Not too rusty.

i like the chances tonight..playing a team that hasn't seen us that much, which i think has become the probme playing NE opponents - they've seen us enough and they know what to expect.

on a broadcast note to those watching Center Ice, does it amaze you how obnoxious the other broadcast teams can be? FSNOhio opened up tonight with "Buffalo and all-star MVP Briere versus Columbus and should have been MVP Rick Nash.."

They also did something though very cool where they showed Kangaroo's lockerroom speech to the team before the game...kinda surprising to me that he would let them it. it wasn't just rah-rah BS, but tactical and match-up information.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Sabres get beat tonite

i predict a lazy, rusty, over confident performance tonite against a team theyre far superior to....

when i saw this game on thew schedule something just hit me and i got the feeling the sabres would lose...

god i hope im wrong, it would be embarassing

but, traditionally,. like st louis and chicago, the sabres come out flat in these type of games...(barely got by chicago)

Sabres need to win this one to send Hitchcock a message: a change of scenery doesn't necessarily mean that you win against your nemesis.

on a broadcast note to those watching Center Ice, does it amaze you how obnoxious the other broadcast teams can be? FSNOhio opened up tonight with "Buffalo and all-star MVP Briere versus Columbus and should have been MVP Rick Nash.."

Waaaaaaaaaah! Waaaah! Waaaah!

Where is our PK? They let Nash get one past Miller.

Briere wins AS MVP. Then Drury scores the first two goals of the 2nd half, both on the PP. Darcy is going to have a "Sophie's Choice" at the end of the season.

Okay, bad analogy.... but still.

I remember seeing bits and pieces of that film as a kid. Barely remember any of it. Wouldn't know what you're talking about.

Nuts! Paille got stopped on the Penalty Shot.

I remember seeing bits and pieces of that film as a kid. Barely remember any of it. Wouldn't know what you're talking about.

Nuts! Paille got stopped on the Penalty Shot.

It's a story about a woman that has to make a terrible choice about which of her two children would live. Like I said: Bad analogy.

The Swordsmen really poured it on in the 2nd, but still only lead by 1. I'm still without Center Ice, so I'm listening to the Columbus broadcast (can't find Rick & Jim). They're surprisingly neutral(-ish). They've mentioned the large number of Buffalo fans there a few times and how they wish they were in the Eastern Conference so that they had more games like this with out-of-towners in for the games.

The Swordsmen really poured it on in the 2nd, but still only lead by 1. I'm still without Center Ice, so I'm listening to the Columbus broadcast (can't find Rick & Jim). They're surprisingly neutral(-ish). They've mentioned the large number of Buffalo fans there a few times and how they wish they were in the Eastern Conference so that they had more games like this with out-of-towners in for the games.

You can get Rick & Jim on www.wgr550.com