GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

:ph34r: :ph34r: :death: :death: :death:

Come on, guys! You can't let the Wicked "Witch" of the West win this one.

Wow. I really wasn't expecting a game like this against Columbus.

Oh come on.... 3-2 bad guys. Coupled with the Columbus announcers...barf.

I was. Look at who their coach is :sick:

well, i think i've managed to hold out hope for a while, but i think i'm starting to come to grips with the fact that buffalo is just not quite as great as i thought.

this is a good team and they are entertaining, but they are not yet great.

i'm not jumping off the cliff b/c of one game, etc, but after a one-week break, the best teams are supposed to take it to a bottom-feeder with half of arena filled with their own fans.

forget the power rankings, the 10-0 start, and all the press, right now we are not the best team in the East, let alone the NHL...

it's not pessimisim, it is just a plain fact. and until they start playing more physical and with a little more sweat and balls, it is going to be like this a lot in the 2nd half...

:sick:

This one is pissing me off!

I know, my friend. I know. It feels like they're taking things for granted. If that's the case, that's the wrong attitude on their part.

well, i think i've managed to hold out hope for a while, but i think i'm starting to come to grips with the fact that buffalo is just not quite as great as i thought.

i'm not jumping off the cliff b/c of one game, etc, but after a one-week break, the best teams are supposed to take it to a bottom-feeder with half of arena filled with their own fans.

forget the power rankings, the 10-0 start, and all the press, right now we are not the best team in the East, let alone the NHL...

it's not pessimisim, it is just a plain fact. and until they start playing more physical and with a little more sweat and balls, it is going to be like this a lot in the 2nd half...

Yeah, and there are two teams in our division that could come knocking on our door.

we just let the 13th ranked opponent in the west come from behind against us in the 3rd. makes me puke.

worst part is, i don't even know where to start, or how it gets better.

peters might not win fights, and ultimately proves not a lick out there, but at least he brings some energy. add goose to that, otherwise, there just seems to be guys along for the ride.

i don't remember pominville's name tonight. i saw roy get knocked down a few times and spend more time looking for the call, than getting back in the play.

i don't know....

Lindy, you need to bring the hammer down on these guys. Better yet, make every one of them watch Miracle in a team setting. Then drive your message home! :angry:

If they keep this up, there's no way they'll finish first in the East.

Lindy, you need to bring the hammer down on these guys. Better yet, make every one of them watch Miracle in a team setting. Then drive your message home! :angry:

If they keep this up, there's no way they'll finish first in the East.

Ok. On "bringing the hammer down," we're in agreement. But how? Tough.

I don't care if they finish first in the East, in the division, in the league, or whatever. But if they keep this up, the Sabres will not win a playoff series. Their form of late has not been good.

So bring the hammer, but again, whom do you bench to send the message? Or maybe we just hope for Tallinder's return--'cause I think (and I could be wrong) the Sabs are undefeated with him.

we just let the 13th ranked opponent in the west come from behind against us in the 3rd. makes me puke.

worst part is, i don't even know where to start, or how it gets better.

peters might not win fights, and ultimately proves not a lick out there, but at least he brings some energy. add goose to that, otherwise, there just seems to be guys along for the ride.

i don't remember pominville's name tonight. i saw roy get knocked down a few times and spend more time looking for the call, than getting back in the play.

i don't know....

I gotta agree with most of that. Roy, I thought was a gritty player tonight, but the rest was right on.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Sabres get beat tonite

i predict a lazy, rusty, over confident performance tonite against a team theyre far superior to....

when i saw this game on thew schedule something just hit me and i got the feeling the sabres would lose...

god i hope im wrong, it would be embarassing

but, traditionally,. like st louis and chicago, the sabres come out flat in these type of games...(barely got by chicago)

Looks like Tooth was right...horrible effort in the 3rd, save the last 3-4 minutes. Came out completely flat, from the 3rd period opening faceoff, and watched Columbus skate around in their end, at times completely unmolested. And FWIW, I don't know how the hell they got to 38 SOG...

Holy Sabres fans... that place is packed with them.

Just got back to the hotel after the game, and otto is right - there were a ton of Sabres fans there. It reminded me of the ECF...

I am not quite at the jump off the bridge stage, but I do agree that they are not as good as we thought, and if it isn't time to start panicking, it's time to flip up the protective switch covering the panic button...

The next couple months are going to be playoffs-type intensity, and if this team doesn't start bringing their "A" game on a more regular basis, we'll be seeing a lot more close losses like this one. We can blame the refs, bad luck, whatever, but the fact is we let Columbus, ranked 13th in the West with just over half the points we have, take the play to us in the 3rd.

And please, anyone who is going to come in and give me the "we're in 1st place, we won XX games, we blah blah blah so we must be doing something right" - save it. This team is throwing out way too many crappy partial efforts, and when teams catch up to them they are hitting them in front of the net, in their own end, wherever they can, and I think it's taking a toll on the Sabres. Kotalik completely disappeared after he was lit up; Vanek was invisible for stretches; Spacek and Kalinin seem to be playing with little or no confidence, and the list goes on.

IMO all of you saying that we don't have the "it" factor lately are dead on. Lindy needs to shake things up now, because we have had a really bad stretch here. Even the games we won weren't exactly wonderful wins. They were more like wins we barely eeked out. Lindy needs to light a match under these guys, bench some people if need be. Get Stafford in there again. Hell, call up Zagrapan. Sit some of these veterans that aren't skating hard., let 'em know there are consequences to their actions! I think too many guys have gotten too comfortable and they have lost the killer instinct that made this team so successful early in the season. Combine that with desperate hockey/better scouting by the opponents and you have a mixture that has proved deadly for the Sabres as of late.

Just my opinion...

This isn't your typical losing skid in a long season. Maybe it took the rest of the NHL 1.5 seasons to figure us out, but I think they now have. And the old school refs are letting them get away with it.

Oh, I hate to think you're right. But I do.

This is the first game I have seen live this year, and I have to say that watching them half-ass the effort in person is even more frustrating that watching it on TV. At least on TV you can change the channel...

Everyone here hates Peters, but I say bring back the Peters, Mair and Gaustad line to shake these pussies up. We went 13-0 with them, and now look like spineless pricks without them. You can't argue winning against losing. Peters may not contribute much, but the Sabres are much better with him in the lineup than without him. WTF??? Time to wake up you a-holes. This ain't no free ride anynore.

I think they've needed a wake-up call for a while now. Opposing teams are jumping all over them now cause pressuring us seems to make us cough up the puck. Looks to like they keep trying to make the those multi-point highlight passes instead of playing a smarter style. I also noticed of late the last few weeks that we're not clearing the puck out of our own end and getting careless with it. An aggressive forecheck in our end seems to end up in us just running around all over the place. Our powerplay obviously sucks. It also seems they are getting outworked nightly lately. Not getting to the loose pucks. Turn overs all over the place. I still think rather than a lack of talent, they need motivation fast. Get some kids in there and sit some people. We'll be toast in the first round playing like this. Sorry to vent, it's personally been a really bad week capped off with breaking my piece of crap flip phone between the second and third periods.

I am not quite at the jump off the bridge stage, but I do agree that they are not as good as we thought, and if it isn't time to start panicking, it's time to flip up the protective switch covering the panic button...

The next couple months are going to be playoffs-type intensity, and if this team doesn't start bringing their "A" game on a more regular basis, we'll be seeing a lot more close losses like this one. We can blame the refs, bad luck, whatever, but the fact is we let Columbus, ranked 13th in the West with just over half the points we have, take the play to us in the 3rd.

And please, anyone who is going to come in and give me the "we're in 1st place, we won XX games, we blah blah blah so we must be doing something right" - save it. This team is throwing out way too many crappy partial efforts, and when teams catch up to them they are hitting them in front of the net, in their own end, wherever they can, and I think it's taking a toll on the Sabres. Kotalik completely disappeared after he was lit up; Vanek was invisible for stretches; Spacek and Kalinin seem to be playing with little or no confidence, and the list goes on.

Max was completely gone too, he had one or two bursts of speed in the first, then mailed in the rest of the game with the other lazy bums.

Everyone here hates Peters, but I say bring back the Peters, Mair and Gaustad line to shake these pussies up. We went 13-0 with them, and now look like spineless pricks without them. You can't argue winning against losing. Peters may not contribute much, but the Sabres are much better with him in the lineup than without him. WTF??? Time to wake up you a-holes. This ain't no free ride anynore.

you can only sit so many guys.......rather than sitting some guys maybe this is the way to go. and i love the game these guys bring,and i almost hate admitting it, but this might be the sort of thing we need. columbus had a line like this last night (the only name i recognized was the former ranger molhotra) and they brought intensity, defensive pressure, and a buzz to the building every time they were out there (sounded like the Hansens from slapshot)......and they didn't take dumb penalties while trying to do it, and that would be the key to re-uniting a line like this...