Worst.Hockey.Play.Ever.

inkman

He's obviously not the worst player ever, but he did make a major screwup there. He could have slotted that one much earlier and got too cute. He paid for it and so did many other Western teams with that extra point Edmonton earned.

Wow. Double wow. So much stupidity in one TV clip...

* how Stefan doesn't bury that shot a stride or two earlier is beyond me (no need to skate it completely into the net, Patrick);

* he falls down trying to regain control of the puck?

* how did the Stars let Hemsky walk in unmolested on goal and score;

* and bonus kudos to the announcer, who goes all "drama queen" in reaction.

Just to be safe here, that link could be considered not safe for work, so be careful with that one.

Anyway, "worst play ever"? "Patrick Stefan, you should be ashamed of yourself."? Give it a rest. It's a case of some real bad luck, nothing more. He's not trying to hot dog it or show off. Players bring the puck that close to an empty net all the time. I guess they're all idiots for doing it.

shrader, there was no reason to go backhand. I guess that's the hockey equivalent of showing off. Crap like that is why I hate the NFL. Every time a player is running for a touchdown and holds the ball out, I pray he fumbles it.

Showing off would be doing that between the legs crap. He was going to tap it into the net with the backhand. I've seen it a hundred times.

Don Beebe should magically appear on the field every time a player holds the ball out like that.

Anyway, "worst play ever"? "Patrick Stefan, you should be ashamed of yourself."? Give it a rest. It's a case of some real bad luck, nothing more. He's not trying to hot dog it or show off. Players bring the puck that close to an empty net all the time. I guess they're all idiots for doing it.

Amen. Bad luck, nothing else.

Archived