Roadtrip to Columbus, OH

elcrusho

Anyone else traveling to Columbus to see the boys on Fri. Jan 26th??

If so where are you sitting

I would go, but there are no flights out after the game, which means renting a car and a room, etc... The flight is cheap ($100), but the rest would make it a $250 night. The wifey doesn't look kindly on that. :(

I would go, but there are no flights out after the game, which means renting a car and a room, etc... The flight is cheap ($100), but the rest would make it a $250 night. The wifey doesn't look kindly on that. :(

Hit up Priceline. Me and women got the Double Tree near downtown C-bus for $65 a night two Augusts ago for the USA vs. Mexico World Cup Qualifier.

I'm living in Columbus now so I've had this game on my radar for a while now. I'll be there in my new Pat Lafontaine jersey :D ...We're sitting somewhere in 101 which is great because the Sabres shoot there twice. If anyone is looking for tickets, I'd suggest getting them through bluejackets.com. Last I checked, still had seats available and were much cheaper than stubhub. I think I paid about $53 a ticket for our pair.

I also live in Columbus and I am also going to the game. My wife, and 2 other buddies will be sitting in the lower part of the 200s; I also will be wearing a Pat LaFontaine jersey. If anyone's interested, maybe some drinks before the game are in order. There are a lot of bars around the arena in Columbus, some with some great happy hour specials.

Also, for all of those who didn't know, Danny Gare is the TV color commentator for the Bluejackets. In addition, I went to the Sabres-Bluejackets preseason game and there were Sabres fans everywhere.

Anyone else traveling to Columbus to see the boys on Fri. Jan 26th??

If so where are you sitting

I will be there - sec 115, row S, seats 1 and 2. CBJ season ticket holder, but my heart is with the Sabres who have been my team since I was a kid in Lancaster when the Punch spun the wheel, called odds, and it stopped on number 11. I guarantee a strong Sabre fan presence at the game. There is a very large bar on the concourse at sections 114-115 - a good place to hang.

I lived in the C-Bus for 6 years---nice arena they got there---people don't know a lot about hockey, but they do have some good fans...have some really nice clubs around that area, which is, appropriately, named the Arena District, which have lots of nice looking OSU girls out partying if you are into that kind of thing...

• 2 weeks later...

I frequent the Frog Bear quite often. It's right next to the arena and they have a good happy hour. Surprisingly, the food, which is mostly appetizer-type food, is pretty good too. They are known for having live music on Friday and Saturday nights, which is generally why I go there. If you are into live music, you are in luck. The band that is playing there that night, postgame, is The Menus. They are a pretty popular band out of Cincy that plays everything from Elvis to STP; it is a pretty good show.

I'm thinking that I will probably show up at the Frog Bear pregame, for the happy hour, and postgame for the band with pieces of my crew. We'll have to grab some drinks...I'll be wearing a LaFontaine jersey.

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of Sabres fans there...

I've been in that bar a few tiimes as well. The live music is cool and happy hour is good like miggity said. I'll prob be in there before and maybe after the game enjoying some cold ones. I'll also be in a Lafontaine jersey. I think there's going to be a LOT of Sabres fans at the game and out at the arena district bars that night. Hopefully we'll be celebrating a victory!

This game is going to be a great time. One of my favorite parts of game night in Buffalo is the congregation of Sabres walking to the arena and walking around the lobby. I miss this aspect of game night living in Columbus, and I'm excited to get a little taste of it on January 26.

As I said before, I'll be at the Frog Bear...We really should just turn it into a "Sabres Backers" bar for the night...

Section 119 Row U

Now to get a Hotel

Should I be that guy and book a room at"Drury Inn & Suites" hahah

For sure! haha. Drury Inns are actually pretty nice. Every night from 5-7 you can get 3 free drinks and free snacks and stuff. That one you're probably talking about is right off 670 at the third street exit downtown. It's pretty close to the arena.

Archived