Definitive list of Sabres nicknames thread

HurlyBurly51

My Favorites:

1. Andrew "Primetime" Peters.

2. "Spaco" for Jaroslav Spacek.

3. "Patches" for Nathan Paetsch because he's always filling in.

Team Roster: Click on the players' names and the ones with nicknames have a field listing all of their nicknames.

Can they be from the past? Probably want the here and now though... <_<

Brian "Spinner" Spencer

Jerry "King Kong" Korab

Jim "Batman" Lorenz

Jim "Schoeny" Schoenfeld

My Favorites:

Team Roster: Click on the players' names and the ones with nicknames have a field listing all of their nicknames.

Cool!

The neat thing is you can wave your mouse over the name and get the correct pronounciation spelled phonetically!... A great help with the tongue twisting Euro names! :D

I always heard Briere's nickname was "Cheese". I saw no mention. Although, I don't think I would want to be known as "Cheese". :cry:

Maybe because his last name rhymes with a variety of cheese? Wait... isn't "cheese" McKee's nickname?

Tallinder-Hank,Tally,Triple Dipper,Grim Raper,Sloppy Seconds,Bikepath,Sweedish Chef,MRI,Sweedish Meatball

WTF? Do you know something we don't?

Maybe because his last name rhymes with a variety of cheese? Wait... isn't "cheese" McKee's nickname?

I thought it was because of this cheese:

Brie

WTF? Do you know something we don't?

Tallinder's rape allegations while playing in Europe during the lockout - charges were dismissed.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID=116...name=nhl-sabres

http://www.sabresfans.com/articles.asp?id=1454&ref=24

Tallinder's rape allegations while playing in Europe during the lockout - charges were dismissed.

The charge was dismissed because the girl went to the hotel room willingly. The players admitted to consentual sex. His pregnant wife was home at the time. The 3 players will kicked off the team anyway.

And your point is...?

Not saying I condone cheating on a pregnant wife, but I don't see what your point is. Really, if you look at it objectively, the players were punished - kicked off their teams and banned from playing in the Olympics - for what amounts to having casual sex with a girl they met in a bar.

And your point is...?

Not saying I condone cheating on a pregnant wife, but I don't see what your point is. Really, if you look at it objectively, the players were punished - kicked off their teams and banned from playing in the Olympics - for what amounts to having casual sex with a girl they met in a bar.

I'm saying that the media and team covered it up as much as possible while the Sweedish investigators admitted there was some sort of sexual assault, but the girl was drunk/drugged at the time and couldn't give specifics. The fact that people don't know what I was talking about is proof enough.

I think the guy is scuzzy and find it odd that he is glorified in the media. While this may be common practice in hockey, along with other homoerotic behavior, I love taking a shot at the guy any time I can. In fact, I have seats in the section next to Mair's Office and thought about putting up Hank's Hotel.

Take it for what it's worth, but the SabreFans article I linked earlier said this:

The Swedish special prosecutor in charge of the investigation said there was no evidence to show anything but consensual sex and other claims made by the woman that she was drugged (drug tests taken proved negative.)

Either way, I couldn't care less. The police and a special investigator both looked into the case separately, with neither electing to file charges and the players served a one-year ban from international competition (imposed by the Swedish hockey federation) which resulted in them missing the Olympics. From the limited info we have to go on, the most we have is a trio of hockey players gang-banging a groupie.

Glorified in the media? I don't see anyone naming him "Man of the Year" or pointing to him as a role model for children; they simply point to him for what he is - an integral part of the Sabres' on-ice success. I also don't see how any of that is covering it up - there are a half-dozen articles on TSN and at least as many on ESPN. The reason people don't know about it? Because it happened in Europe in the middle of the lockout, and a lot of people ignored any hockey news unless it specifically said when the lockout was ending. Even if they wanted to cover it up, I don't think they would have had to work real hard at it...

And your point is...?

Put yourself in their position...hot girls are throwing themselves at you all the time..at some point it becomes harder and harder to keep walking away---being a DJ in clubs for 6 years, I couldn't believe the girls that would come up to "keep me company" while I was in the booth, and many times offer to "keep me company" at home---the same girls that wouldn't look at me twice if I was walking down the street or if I was just a guy on the dancefloor at the club....I can only imagine that being a professional athlete, it must be like that X 1,000...Luckily I wasn't married at the time, but I could never go back to working in the clubs again being a married man as I am now---there is just waaaay too much temptation, and its just asking for trouble...

I'm saying that the media and team covered it up as much as possible while the Sweedish investigators admitted there was some sort of sexual assault, but the girl was drunk/drugged at the time and couldn't give specifics. The fact that people don't know what I was talking about is proof enough.

I think the guy is scuzzy and find it odd that he is glorified in the media. While this may be common practice in hockey, along with other homoerotic behavior, I love taking a shot at the guy any time I can. In fact, I have seats in the section next to Mair's Office and thought about putting up Hank's Hotel.

I think you are just jealous you don't have unthinkably hot girls coming up to you 2 or 3 times a day trying to get in your pants...I'd love to see YOU would do in the same situation...I'm not saying I condone it, but the fact is this type of thing happens everyday on a daily basis, and most of us know a guy who is involved in this sort of behavior, or at least know of a guy like this. We act like athletes are supposed to be these perfect citizens, and when they aren't everyone acts shocked and says how horrible they are---all the while our best friend Mike does basically the same thing and we sit there and laugh with him about it at the water cooler every day...

My Favorites:

Peter's nickname is "Juice". :censored:

Anyway,

The wife calls Brian Campbell "Malachai". She says he looks like the kid from 'Children of the Corn'. Everytime

he makes play she yells "outlander we have your woman".

The wife calls Brian Campbell "Malachai". She says he looks like the kid from 'Children of the Corn'. Everytime

:D :D :D :D

There's a kid that works the sub shop at the Blasdell Wegmans who looks exactly like Campbell. I'm always tempted to call him Soupy just to see if he gets it, but I don't know that he'd take it as a compliment :nana:

Not sure if it's still around, but a few years back I remember a Sabres fansite had a page of "separated at birth" pictures pairing up some of the Sabres and celebrities. The most interesting one was Brian Campbell and Molly Ringwald. :)

Archived