Is Tallinder the MVP?

deluca67

Listen bub, you admitted I was right then when on and on about nothing at all. All useless blah, blah, blah. Let's just stick to the argument.

I can't even argue with you, I don't know what you are talking about anymore. I can't defend the value of Tallinder and still think Briere is great? You said Briere was the MVP, I say Miller is and you say I agreed with you? :blink: I haven't been drinking but maybe I should start.

You guys have a good New Year with the new Todd Kaz here ...

Brier is the heart of the team. He is far more important to this team than the defenseman Talinder who doesn't even play on the power play. Obvioulsy Millers' goaltending has made the defense look better than it is lately. If Miller had a a few bad games no one would even be suggesting that a defenseman is MVP, because most hockey fans do not connect the dots. Its all perception and no actual facts that make people say Talinder is the best player on this team.

You are right about Tallinder not playing the on the power play. He averages just about 20 seconds a game. I'm sure the fact the Sabres use four forwards on their power play has something to do with it. He does however average 4:45 of ice time on the PK.

Looking at Briere's numbers you will see he only plays 20 seconds per game on the PK. Players like Paille and Ryan have averaged more.

If you are going to say that Talinder can't be the MVP because he doesn't play on the power play. Isn't it fair then to expect your teams MVP to kill penalties?

If you look at Chris Drury he is 2nd on the team with 20 goals, 1st with 5 game winning goals and he plays as much on the power play as Briere does (5:12 to 5:24). Drury also plays 3:13 per game on the PK.

Looking at the numbers I would have to say if Tallnder is not the most important player than it has to be Drury or Miller (2.60 GAA).

Since Tallinder has come back, there is a huge difference in the play of the defense. Much like Drury seems to bring an influence when he is on the PP unit, Tallinder brings an influence to the defensive ranks. It is remarkable to see. The guy just knows exactly what to do with the puck in the defensive end of the rink.

I don't think an argument can be safely made for any player yet for MVP on this team. It seems to be a different guy every night that steps up. Vanek, Briere, Drury, Miller, Tallinder, Campbell, Biron, Max, Pommer have all stepped up and played big games and made key contributions.

I think Campbell should also be given consideration. He stepped into the breach during the injuries to the D-men and logged obscene minutes every night. He's the one guy we don't talk about when it comes to the D-men. He is just a solid given.

And he has introduced the new word to describe a bone rattling hit, "umbergered"

Briere makes his plays, Tallinder is made to look better when Miller stops 13 shots in one period and people say the defense played great

I don't know... Even the whole team admitted... When Henrik came back, to quote them: "He puts the whole team at ease."

That is a pretty impressive statement about a one of your team mates... Even if it was about the PK...

He is such a calming player... I pray to God he stays healthy for the "run".

You are right about Tallinder not playing the on the power play. He averages just about 20 seconds a game. I'm sure the fact the Sabres use four forwards on their power play has something to do with it. He does however average 4:45 of ice time on the PK.

Looking at Briere's numbers you will see he only plays 20 seconds per game on the PK. Players like Paille and Ryan have averaged more.

If you are going to say that Talinder can't be the MVP because he doesn't play on the power play. Isn't it fair then to expect your teams MVP to kill penalties?

If you look at Chris Drury he is 2nd on the team with 20 goals, 1st with 5 game winning goals and he plays as much on the power play as Briere does (5:12 to 5:24). Drury also plays 3:13 per game on the PK.

Looking at the numbers I would have to say if Tallnder is not the most important player than it has to be Drury or Miller (2.60 GAA).

DeLuca, you're using cruel tactics such as facts and logic. Stop it.

Archived