Bad Scouting By Nashville

bob_sauve28

Didn't these morons get the memo??? You don't try and skate with Buffalo, you drop four back and try to grind out a win. I know they are in Western Conference and all, but don't they scout our games?

Hahaha, that was the exact same thing I was thinking. I was telling my wife when they scored their 4th goal:

"This is what happens when teams try to skate with Buffalo"

But according to Terry Crisp, we're almost as fast as Nashville. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that Pete Weber gets stuck with that stiff. :wallbash:

I said it in the game-day thread - Crisp sounds like a punch-drunk Ric Flair doing the color. I kept expecting to hear him drop a "WOOO!" after the Preds scored.

I said it in the game-day thread - Crisp sounds like a punch-drunk Ric Flair doing the color. I kept expecting to hear him drop a "WOOO!" after the Preds scored.

I can't post during games, but I really wanted to make a comment about how Crisp sounded just like Dusy Rhodes.

I can't post during games, but I really wanted to make a comment about how Crisp sounded just like Dusy Rhodes.

Crisp was saying before the game:

"well,well,weeeehhhweeeellll, I am a lleeeeeeggiooooooonnnnnd inda puhhhblik, if you wiii-iiii-iiiiillllll"

Then he got mad at his play-by=play man and dropped the bionic elbow on him...

hahahaha

Didn't these morons get the memo??? You don't try and skate with Buffalo, you drop four back and try to grind out a win. I know they are in Western Conference and all, but don't they scout our games?

Not to side track things... I agree that is the case in what you mentioned... :( :(

What does BFLO do to counter a team that hangs four back and grinds it out?...

Lindy (and maybe Darcy) has got to start looking now to smooth out this obvious "rough" edge to the Sabres...

It really concerns me... It is just a matter of time till all teams start following the Habs and Sens game plans...

If Lindy can throw a "wrinkle" in and correct this... "Lightening in a Bottle" will happen... If they can get through this, then nobody will be able to keep up with the Sabres "one-two punch"!

Not to side track things... I agree that is the case in what you mentioned... :( :(

What does BFLO do to counter a team that hangs four back and grinds it out?...

Lindy (and maybe Darcy) has got to start looking now to smooth out this obvious "rough" edge to the Sabres...

It really concerns me... It is just a matter of time till all teams start following the Habs and Sens game plans...

If Lindy can throw a "wrinkle" in and correct this... "Lightening in a Bottle" will happen... If they can get through this, then nobody will be able to keep up with the Sabres "one-two punch"!

I think the best way to counter it is to get the power play going. Sabres are 19th in the league. The Canadians live off of the power play, we need to get better. That will obviously get us more goals but it will also force other teams to open up after we take the lead.

But according to Terry Crisp, we're almost as fast as Nashville. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that Pete Weber gets stuck with that stiff. :wallbash:

Speaking of Crisp, when did Afinogenov become, "The big guy"?

He said that more than once last night, and it just drove me bonkers.

Terry Crisp has seriously lost it.

But did he flip his lid? :)

Bobby-O, I like your thought process against the "trapping" teams. Get that early lead and get them out of their comfort zone. The problem going back to last season is that the Sabres are a second half of game team. For example, we're 12th in first period scoring this season but tops in the second and near the top in the third. Last year ? 15th in the first, eighth in the second and fourth in the third. (The notable exception being the playoffs, when our goals fell from 23 to 19 to 13 in the three periods, respectively.)

I've noticed MUCH better starts the last few games, so maybe a light has come on.

But did he flip his lid? :)

Bobby-O, I like your thought process against the "trapping" teams. Get that early lead and get them out of their comfort zone. The problem going back to last season is that the Sabres are a second half of game team. For example, we're 12th in first period scoring this season but tops in the second and near the top in the third. Last year ? 15th in the first, eighth in the second and fourth in the third. (The notable exception being the playoffs, when our goals fell from 23 to 19 to 13 in the three periods, respectively.)

I've noticed MUCH better starts the last few games, so maybe a light has come on.

I didn't think about it that way, with the slow starts we generally get off to. Yes, getting going right out of the gate would be a big help. Still, the power play worries me. The Connelly news was encouraging. If he comes back I think our power play will improve, depending on when he comes back and if he has enough time to get ready for playoffs. If not, I'm leaning towards a trade deadline acqusition to find someone.

I'd love to see us get a early lead on one of the trapping teams and just sit in are own zone passing between the d-man for like 5 mins or till the other team got pissed and stopped trapping lol

:lol: :lol:

Perfect opportunity last night... Didn't watch/listen to the game... Not sure if the Caps where "running" with the Sabres or not? Yet, all 6 goals came in the first 10 minutes... :D

Archived