I Am Actually Glad They Lost Last Night

CallawaySabres

Thats right, I am glad that they did not get two goals in the last minute to tie that game. I know they are allowed to have an off night and that is fine but last night was brutal. They did not even deserve one point after that performance. These guys can't think that they can just turn it on whenever they want and not put in the effort. The last 4 games have been pretty bad with the exception of Tampa.

Tighten the ship and get ready for a battle on Saturday!!

ps (I would have enjoyed the game much more if the camera guy had just focused on the blonde behind Lindy with the throwback jersey on for 60 minutes!!!!!!!!!

I generally agree. They will snap out of it, and if they don't Lindy will work them until they do. From what it sounds like, the boys are in for a brutal, brutal practice today. I wouldn't say that I'm glad that they lost, but these guys are human and we will certainly see another game like this again this season. Its just the way of the sport. Outside of Ryan, virtually none of the team showed up at all last night. Like Roby said this morning on GR, class is class and talent is talent - we'll be fine. Its up to the coaches and the co-captains to be sure that complacency doesn't set in.

I try and respect everyones opinion, but the "I'm glad they lost..." logic is one I will never agree with. Chalk it up to shitting the bed, being outworked, etc... but I will never justify a loss by saying "I'm glad they lost..."

Just my 2 cents!

OK OK, obviously I did not want the loss but I was pretty pissed last night. I cannot tell a lie, I wanted the two points and obviously could never route against the win but.....a lesson was hopefully taught

Nobody should be GLAD they lost, but you can find a silver lining. I for one think it's high time that the result of some of these games is beginning to match what the Sabres are putting into them. Continuing to win games you have no business winning is a scarier prospect to me than losing some games. If some losses force some necessary adjustments and corrections, great. The first correction is to get this team to play a 60-minute game ? the starts have been brutal for much of the season. Somehow Lindy has to get these guys to start the games as seriously as their opponents.

The Sabres have to expect that they are usually going to get their opponent's "A" game, whatever that is. Everybody gets up to play the top dog, and we have seen it all year. There have been relatively few laughers in 28 games, and most of the Sabres victories have come from outworking and outhustling the other team. When it happens to the Sabres - they get beat, or we sometimes steal a point, or even two. No team can play at it's best every night (See "Ning v Thrashers last night), but the teams that can muster up the most consistent effort will be the ones at the top of the standings. We will need to see a much better effort from the Sabres on Saturday, because you know the Canadiens will be up for this one - a 4 point game.

Nobody should be GLAD they lost, but you can find a silver lining. I for one think it's high time that the result of some of these games is beginning to match what the Sabres are putting into them. Continuing to win games you have no business winning is a scarier prospect to me than losing some games. If some losses force some necessary adjustments and corrections, great. The first correction is to get this team to play a 60-minute game ? the starts have been brutal for much of the season. Somehow Lindy has to get these guys to start the games as seriously as their opponents.

Spot on.

Hopefully the results of the last 3 games will sink in with them. I have to believe it will, as I was thinking the way they played against Tampa was an indication that they got the message of the Caps game. (Boy, was I wrong about that one. :( )

It might actually be good in the long run that the Sabres did have a run of 3 weaker sisters in a row and got thumped by 2 of them. Having had the Habs and Joisey in the middle of that could have allowed them to continue masking the fact that they MUST play 3 good periods of hockey every game. All I mean by that is, a loss to either of those teams could get shrugged off as simply having an off-night against a reasonably good to good team without anyone really needing to look at themselves to see what went wrong. There is no way that they can't see that they were doing an Ottawa playoff imitation against the Caps and Cats. (Hey, if we show up on the ice, we'll automatically win, we don't actually have to play, do we?)

Archived