Craptastic.

Ramsey05

Yes, that was absolutely dreadful---

looked like their skates were stuck in the sand tonite---I guess that will be the last time they get to not go for a morning skate the day of the game...

I guess if it makes us feel any better, Atlanta is losing 8-0 to Tampa Bay with 7 minutes left in the 3rd period...

Well, the important thing is that they head off this slump and get the ship righted ASAP...you don't want to see the team go into a funk where they leave a bunch of points on the board, and waste their great start...

Well, the important thing is that they head off this slump and get the ship righted ASAP...you don't want to see the team go into a funk where they leave a bunch of points on the board, and waste their great start...

Looking at how Montreal played us last game, and how the Devils play, and another game against the Panthers it might be a frustrating week.

Looking at how Montreal played us last game, and how the Devils play, and another game against the Panthers it might be a frustrating week.

Is this a case of the Sabres playing to their opponent's level? Or a case of the team thinking they can turn it on and off at will? I can't figure them out...if they played 60 minutes of hockey, most nights they would win 5-2, 6-3, etc...

Craptastic indeed..... They got outplayed so badly in the 1st period, and then it just snowballs. They have got to quit it with the turnovers, it is killing them!!! They are beatng themselves when that happens.

Oh well, I don't think it is reason to worry right yet. They just better not play like that against Montreal, they will lose 10-0!!!!

"Besides that five-on-three we were never able to get anything offensively," Briere said. "It was one of those night we couldn't get our legs going. This is the worst I've seen this year."

i agree, danny.

Yeah decisions and passing were terrible.

I thought Vanek played a good game. His PK stood out and he seemed to be skating ok. He had his typical turnover or two but I've learned to live with as a cost with the creativity / spectacular / stats.

I suspect FLORIDA had something to do with last night...sunshine, sand, warm, ocean, palm trees, chicks on the beach, best record in the east, media propping you up, ryan miller bailing you out when you need it, yeah.....nice.... But no question the trend is bad for the past few weeks, can't just be that.

I hope they are ready Saturday and I expect a small line-up change - maybe novotny scratched? kotalik? something.

Once again...the Sabres record does not match the effort they have put out. I can stand losing, but there have been to many lackluster efforts in both wins and losses. Sooner or later this will catch up with them. They are just to talented a team to be outshot 17-3 in a period against an opponent that flat out SUCKS!!! :angry: :wallbash:

I love how Buffalo fans have tramidized (spellin) so much in the past with Sabres and Bills, and even Joe Mesi, that any time we have a smell of failure, we always jump to conclussions about the worst case senerio and that the world is ending.

The world is not ending guys. We have the leagues best offense. We have a solid defense. We have a great goalie.

But this is reality and pro-sports. Do the Yankees go 150-12 each year? No.

Big teams, like Yankees and Sabres always tent to lose or play bad against the weak teams because those teams cirlce that game and say, i"f we win this game, we can win any game, so lets play the game of our lives" while for sabres it's just a 2 point game.

Ducks lost 7-2 at HOME to the lonly flyers. Atlanta just lost 8-0 to tampa bay.

They shouldn't panic just like we shouldn't. Just like last year, Sabres would just barly get by the weak teams, then people would be like "omg, if we stuggle vs. these guys, we'll get killed by a big team" but Sabres always show up to the big games and they've shown that this season too.

Sabres will be fine. If you wanna go on the end of the world garbage go right ahead... more power to you.

It's no fluke they have 44 points.

I don't think any of us are jumping off the bandwagon or predicting we'll miss the playoffs or something like that. For a lot of us, the problem is this - effort. They lost last night's game (and to a certain extent, the game vs. the Caps) because of poor work ethic/effort in all three areas of the rink; poor penalties; poor decision-making, poor passes....and it goes on and on.

Elite teams don't play down to their opponent's level - they make the opposition play a great game to beat them. If we are going to lose a game to a team that has a great game, or gets a couple bounces, or their goalie stands on his head to beat us - fine, I have no problem with that. But let's not act like the team play their hearts out and lost, or "if it weren't for the bad ice, bad refs or [insert excuse here] they would have won." For the second time in their last three games, they stunk - pure and simple.

And let's not over-simplify things, by saying this is just a momentary bump in the road, their record is so great or they have so many points, etc. Whether you want to admit it or not, these sub par efforts are a concern, since there is no telling if they can correct their mistakes before this becomes a full-blown losing slide; or if they have the character to realize that they need to play a full 60 minutes every night. After all, we won a bunch of games without playing even 30 good minutes of hockey, and I think it has gone to their heads a little.

We know they have the talent to dominate on most night, but to back that talent up with a so-so effort is maddening and completely frustrating.

I don't think any of us are jumping off the bandwagon or predicting we'll miss the playoffs or something like that. For a lot of us, the problem is this - effort. They lost last night's game (and to a certain extent, the game vs. the Caps) because of poor work ethic/effort in all three areas of the rink; poor penalties; poor decision-making, poor passes....and it goes on and on.

Elite teams don't play down to their opponent's level - they make the opposition play a great game to beat them. If we are going to lose a game to a team that has a great game, or gets a couple bounces, or their goalie stands on his head to beat us - fine, I have no problem with that. But let's not act like the team play their hearts out and lost, or "if it weren't for the bad ice, bad refs or [insert excuse here] they would have won." For the second time in their last three games, they stunk - pure and simple.

And let's not over-simplify things, by saying this is just a momentary bump in the road, their record is so great or they have so many points, etc. Whether you want to admit it or not, these sub par efforts are a concern, since there is no telling if they can correct their mistakes before this becomes a full-blown losing slide; or if they have the character to realize that they need to play a full 60 minutes every night. After all, we won a bunch of games without playing even 30 good minutes of hockey, and I think it has gone to their heads a little.

We know they have the talent to dominate on most night, but to back that talent up with a so-so effort is maddening and completely frustrating.

Point taken, but in an 82 game season there are going to be stretches like this.

Archived