At the Aud, did anyone else encounter

Sabretooth73

in the corner, right down on the glass, where the zamboni came out?

When i was a kid our neighbors that moved from WNY to buffalo gave us tix occasionally, and they were great seats....2nd rwo behind the glass, on the corner where the zamboni came out....and in the front row some old woman was at EVERY GAME, by herself, with the lineups cut out of the Buffalo news...and she would yell like crazy the whole game...... every game we went to she was there, and when i would watch on tv i could see her..... anyone else know about this? Just curious.

No, I don't seem to remember this? Was that where the Sabres shot twice? If so, I was at the other side first row RED on the corner.

Does anybody remember the handicapped person in front selling and yellin' "PEANUTS, CRACKER JACK!!"

Every game no matter the outside temp. WOW!! :D

No, I don't seem to remember this? Was that where the Sabres shot twice? If so, I was at the other side first row RED on the corner.

Does anybody remember the handicapped person in front selling and yellin' "PEANUTS, CRACKER JACK!!"

Oh, my, yes I do. However, it was more like: "pea-NUUUUTS! crackerjacks." My brother and I always called him Cracker Jack. If you remember him, you'd understand the irony of that.

When i was a kid our neighbors that moved from WNY to buffalo gave us tix occasionally, and they were great seats....2nd rwo behind the glass, on the corner where the zamboni came out....and in the front row some old woman was at EVERY GAME, by herself, with the lineups cut out of the Buffalo news...and she would yell like crazy the whole game...... every game we went to she was there, and when i would watch on tv i could see her..... anyone else know about this? Just curious.

Sure do. I used to rub her corns for free tickets :wub:

i remember a guy in the reds who looked like the frugal gourmet and stood for the entire game as his seat was next to one of the entrances. he was always there by himself and used to start a "let's go buffalo" chant and after the third "buffalo" would pump his fist in the air and yell "ho!"

man that dude was classic

My memories of the Aud were from 87-96 since I'm only 27...

I remember a peanut vendor outside the side entrance to the Aud...black guy... always sold peanuts in a brown paper bag much cheaper than the stuff inside.

Once inside... the vendor who is Conehead at Bisons games. "POPCORN! PEANUTS! WHO NEEDS A BEEEEEEEEEEER?" He's still at every game...but he used to camp out for the last few years of the Aud at the top of the escalator that lead to the Oranges.

As someone mentioned before....the wheelchair guy who juggled... how could you not give that guy a dollar?

I do miss the Earl of Bud. He's really dead?

Oh, and who can forget the "Voice of the Aud" Milt Ellis.... He wouldn't be caught dead screaming "NOOOOW LETS PLAY SOME HOOOOOCKEYYYYYYY!."

I remember! My uncle was "the zamboni repair guy" for a few seasons in the early 80's. He would pick me up in the work truck, we would drive under the Aud & park next to the big pile of snow the zamboni made when it emptied. My uncle pointed her out and told me the story about her. Of course, I was in junior high then and it was 2/3rd of my life ago. I'll ask for a refresher at Christmas and post it when I get back.

That guy's shouting cadence is one of the sounds that defines my childhood. I'll NEVER forget that.

My memories of the Aud were from 87-96 since I'm only 27...

Oh, and who can forget the "Voice of the Aud" Milt Ellis.... He wouldn't be caught dead screaming "NOOOOW LETS PLAY SOME HOOOOOCKEYYYYYYY!."

Hey, you're right behind me; I'm 33. I went to many games between 87-96, for sure.

Milt Ellis; Probably the single most defining memory of the Aud for me. I loved his goal announcements. Never changed tone and delivered it so professionally. He should have carried over to HSBC!? I loved 'em.

"Buffalo goal, his 76th of the season, scored by number 89, Alexander Mogilny. Assisted by number 8, Doug Bodger and Number 16, Pat Lafontaine. Mogilny, from Bodger and Lafontaine. The time: 14:26."

God Bless ya Milt :beer:

Archived