DeCock Watch

Claude_Verret

All of the emails that this guy must have received from knowledgeable hockey fans has clearly gotten to him. Here is his latest:

1. BRACE FOR SHARK ATTACK IN 2007

Talk all you want about the Buffalo Sabres, but the San Jose Sharks might just be the best team in hockey. The Sharks are tougher and deeper than the Sabres, which may prove telling in the playoffs. (Of course, if it weren't for injuries last season, the Sabres would have beaten not only the Hurricanes but also the Edmonton Oilers, the 1972 Miami Dolphins and a fully assembled Voltron.)

Full article

I'm not arguing his point about the Sharks either, he clearly could be right on that count.

For once he is right.

The Sabres would have beaten a fully assembled Voltron.

And they would have beaten the '72 Dolphins. Larry Csonka was slower than a dump truck on skates.

(Note to DeCock, when discussing hockey, it's wise to use hockey references. For example, replace the '72 Dolphins with the '72 Team Canada squad. It just goes further in making your point. A little hockey history 101 would make you a better hockey writer.)

:lol:

They definitely would have crushed the 2nd Voltron, but I think it would have gone 7 games against the 1st one. ;)

But all they have to do is take out that little gay kid with the glasses. Unlike the Sabres, Voltron can't easily replace lost team members.

San Jose definetly does not have more depth then the Sabres. They have 4 guys they can count on to score. They have a solid PK and a solid PP, but their defense takes alot of penalties, Ehroff and Wismiller or whatever his name is, play out of position alot. I think San Jose is a good team, but theirs a reason why they are activily trying to deal Nabakov for a big time player, like Jovonowski or Glen Murrey, they know they have many weaknesses.

San Jose definetly does not have more depth then the Sabres. They have 4 guys they can count on to score. They have a solid PK and a solid PP, but their defense takes alot of penalties, Ehroff and Wismiller or whatever his name is, play out of position alot. I think San Jose is a good team, but theirs a reason why they are activily trying to deal Nabakov for a big time player, like Jovonowski or Glen Murrey, they know they have many weaknesses.

That and the fact that Nabokov's eating up $5.375 million worth of cap space and they have little breathing room there. I saw screw them. They deserve to be in this tight spot for agreeing to take Malakhov off of the Devils' hands.

Archived