How things have changed

wjag

Carolina is now leading their division. They have caught the Thrashers (in fact they have identical W-L-T records) and based on head-to-head own the tie breakers.

They are now the number 2 seed in the conference standings and are only 8 points behind our heros.

Yikes...

Carolina is now leading their division. They have caught the Thrashers (in fact they have identical W-L-T records) and based on head-to-head own the tie breakers.

They are now the number 2 seed in the conference standings and are only 8 points behind our heros.

Yikes...

It's not hard... they're a good team. And when a good team plays the likes of Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay and Florida 32 times a year then theres plenty of recover room. In their last 10 games, they played Washington twice and Atlanta once. Pretty weak. Although, big credit due for their nice wins vs. Dallas and Pittsburgh and i do agree their a decent team and playing well right now but tonight is a huge test for them IMO... @ NYR on Versus. Should be a good game.

Won't be long before ottawa is moving up the playoff ladder too ... they may have dug too big a hole to catch the Sabres, but they will be in the mix.

Are they not 2-1 against us this season, and still have +/-60 games left to play, I don't count anyone out to catch up and take the division. Even Philly still has a chance to make the playoffs (if they do some serious work to fix their team)

Are they not 2-1 against us this season, and still have +/-60 games left to play, I don't count anyone out to catch up and take the division. Even Philly still has a chance to make the playoffs (if they do some serious work to fix their team)

Hey I hear ya, I said they MAY have dug too bug a hole, not that they had no chance. The Sabres need to keep playing ...

If Ottawa regains form and plays the rest of the way this season at their pace from last season, they will finish with 103 points ... not to mention the hated Leafs are going to keep hanging around it looks like ... so the Sabres can't just coast. But that's a good thing, I don't want them to just cruise.

1. Emery is a good goalie. He was worn out last year, playing in 25 out of 27 of the games after the Olympic break plus the playoffs.

2. Top to bottom, the Sens are not currently good enough to beat the Sabres in a seven game series. I think the Sabres are especially superior in coaching. I expect them to come back and probably challenge for the 4th seed. They are only 3 points off the Sabres pace last season to date. (We had 22 points on Nov 20, 2005.) Assuming we are most superior in the coaching department, a change in coaching is a bad thing.

It's not hard... they're a good team. And when a good team plays the likes of Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay and Florida 32 times a year then theres plenty of recover room. In their last 10 games, they played Washington twice and Atlanta once. Pretty weak. Although, big credit due for their nice wins vs. Dallas and Pittsburgh and i do agree their a decent team and playing well right now but tonight is a huge test for them IMO... @ NYR on Versus. Should be a good game.

Good call. Carolina lost 4-0. That made my night. Back in Buffalo for the holiday with the wife and kids. Nice to see there isn't any snow nor is any predicted.

Buffalo folks. Been a long time since I have been here. What channel will I find the Leafs game on? My folks live in Hamburg if that matters cable company wise...

Good call. Carolina lost 4-0. That made my night. Back in Buffalo for the holiday with the wife and kids. Nice to see there isn't any snow nor is any predicted.

Buffalo folks. Been a long time since I have been here. What channel will I find the Leafs game on? My folks live in Hamburg if that matters cable company wise...

haha like i said, NHL is a very weird sport to call right now, because some teams play a tuff test each night it seems and others get easy 2 points and play a big game then get more easy points... Carolina with their impressive run, did nothing tonight to show any merit of their strong run. But, it's only a game, and they have a pretty hard next 10 or so games. They have a pretty tuff December but like i said, they'll always be knocking on the door because each month they always will be getting free points (tampa, florida and washington).

Emery looks better this year, but as long as that assclown keeps wearing his 'ode to Mike Tyson' goalie mask, he'll never get to the next level. What an idiot.

Hey Ray, why not raise the bar by wearing an OJ Simpson mask? When the reporters ask you about the controversial mask you can play stupid again and say," it only commemorates OJ the athlete and not OJ the murderer".

Like any one under the age of 40 remembers OJ as anything but a bad actor and a guy with a 'mean slice'. (And not in golf, junior.)

Heck, throw Michael Jackson on there too.

Emery. What an idiot.

Amazing. The NYI outshot Carolina 48 to 15

I don't get this Carolina team. This is one road trip they'll surely like to forget.

New York State Teams: 6 Canes: 1

Let's go Boston.. finish 'em off...

Archived