Hats off to Tampa

Eric in Akron

Lemme say that I like when the Sabres slap another team around. It gives a peak as to what this team can accomplish when they play "head in the game" hockey. With that being said... I want to take notice how classy the Lightning took the thrashing. They continued to try and play hockey. I've seen other team *cough* Like Philly *cough* start to take cheap shots when losing by a large margin. Tampa didn't and I commend their ability to keep their "I'm so drunk I feel like I gotta pummel somebody" motions in check. Great end-to-end hockey in the first and the second. Good game to watch - Sabres were just finishing plays and Tampa couldn't.

Hopefully the boys in blue and gold can continue to due this for the next 7 days.

Go Sabres! Cheers!

Lemme say that I like when the Sabres slap another team around. It gives a peak as to what this team can accomplish when they play "head in the game" hockey. With that being said... I want to take notice how classy the Lightning took the thrashing. They continued to try and play hockey. I've seen other team *cough* Like Philly *cough* start to take cheap shots when losing by a large margin. Tampa didn't and I commend their ability to keep their "I'm so drunk I feel like I gotta pummel somebody" motions in check. Great end-to-end hockey in the first and the second. Good game to watch - Sabres were just finishing plays and Tampa couldn't.

Hopefully the boys in blue and gold can continue to due this for the next 7 days.

Go Sabres! Cheers!

Good post! It use to be in NHL that if you were getting beat that bad, you were suppose to go out and fight. The game would stop, the refs would decide on the penalties, the fans would boo the delay. Thatnk God the NHL is moving past that crap. Be professionals and play.

Good post! It use to be in NHL that if you were getting beat that bad, you were suppose to go out and fight. The game would stop, the refs would decide on the penalties, the fans would boo the delay. Thatnk God the NHL is moving past that crap. Be professionals and play.

Don't get me wrong. I like a good fight every now and again. It is just the cheap crap (Where injuries are likely to occur) that a team getting embarrased tries to do. Tampa didn't do that and I respect them for it. Besides I rooted for them in the cup against Calgary. I couldn't stand the media gushing over Ingilia (sp?). It reminds me of the gushing that Crybaby Crosby gets. YUCK! :sick: :sick:

what do you mean lamest?

Main Entry: 1lame

Pronunciation: 'lAm

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): lam?er; lam?est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down

1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness <a lame shoulder>

2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : WEAK, INEFFECTUAL <a lame excuse>

3 slang : not being in the know : SQUARE

4 a : INFERIOR <a lame school> b : CONTEMPTIBLE, NASTY <lame racist jokes>

- lame?ly adverb

- lame?ness noun

what do you mean lamest?

Lame... as in a team with 2 backup goalies, at best... lame as in a team with slow defensman and the ones who are mobile, like Boyle, has almost no defensive skills whats so ever, Boyle reminds me so much of Andy Delmore and their offense is horrid. People call the sabres the team with 3 #1 lines, wtf do people call tampa? The team with 3 #4 lines? Besides St Louis, Vinny and Richards, they have nothing.

Great coach though.

what do you mean lamest?

living in tampa i get to see the 'ning on a regular basis (bad hockey is better than no hockey and the half season tickets are free). here are my beefs with the lightning:

1. all their money is tied up in 3 guys

2. lack of intensity - i haven't seen a physical, intense game yet. sarich is their "physical" defenceman and he's thrown two good hits all season. luke richardson can throw the body around, but can't keep up with the play. when ruslan fedotenko is your only consistant physical presence you have a major problem. (this is specifically what i mean by "lamest" - games are lame and have no intensity what so ever)

3. lack of effort, particularily brad richards. he looks totally unmotivated. it's a struggle to find him on the ice. for a guy making over $7.5 million this shouldn't be the case.

4. outside of lecavalier, st. louis, kuba and fedotenko, no one is consistant - especially denis, boyle and prospal

tampa has a good coach, but they play like pansies. the skill is there and for that reason they can be fun to watch, but overall they play with no intensity (is negative intensity possible?) and lack any semblance of physical play.

They really botched it signing Richards to that deal. Maybe they can parlay him into Khabibulan. The blackhawks need help up front and god knows the Ning need a goaltending help.

If I was Philly, I would try and pluck St. Loius or even Richards for some Forsberg/Hatcher combination. Just me thinking out loud?

I want to take notice how classy the Lightning took the thrashing. They continued to try and play hockey.

I agree, this is a great point -- and it's well made.

I like the staff and core of players that Tampa has -- it seems maybe they're a little too wrapped up in their big stars and need to work toward greater balance in the new NHL.

they don't have a single physical presence on their roster. the one guy they have to fill the role (tarnasky) is even more useless than peters. call them classy, which they are, but they are also the lamest team in the nhl.

Hmmm - but this is a good thought as well.

This brings to mind something troubling I noticed from our recent encounters with Ottawa -- that team has several decent skaters who can put the hurt on you (Neil, Schaefer, Fisher, Volchenkov). It seemed to me -- especially in the second game -- that we were getting banged around quite a bit, and the effects did seem to show. Maybe it's just PTSD from the Connolly incident -- but sometimes I wonder whether or not our squad is susceptible to a similar syndrome?

They really botched it signing Richards to that deal. Maybe they can parlay him into Khabibulan. The blackhawks need help up front and god knows the Ning need a goaltending help.

If I was Philly, I would try and pluck St. Loius or even Richards for some Forsberg/Hatcher combination. Just me thinking out loud?

they've been tossing rumors around here for quite a while now about moving one of the "big three" (vinny, richards, st. louis). jay feaster (the gm) ahs said he will not be the person responsible for trading away lecavalier, and even challenged him publically before the season to score 50 and have over 100 total points.

st. louis is the least expensive of the three but also has a no trade clause.

richards makes the most, and he has a no trade clause but it goes into effect after this season.

boyle is another guy who's been mentioned a lot in rumors, but he has a no trade as well.

a goalie is their #1 priority, as denis hasn't exactly worked out as planned. but he does look good on that 30 foot tall banner on the side of the arena!

living in tampa i get to see the 'ning on a regular basis (bad hockey is better than no hockey and the half season tickets are free). here are my beefs with the lightning:

1. all their money is tied up in 3 guys

2. lack of intensity - i haven't seen a physical, intense game yet. sarich is their "physical" defenceman and he's thrown two good hits all season. luke richardson can throw the body around, but can't keep up with the play. when ruslan fedotenko is your only consistant physical presence you have a major problem. (this is specifically what i mean by "lamest" - games are lame and have no intensity what so ever)

3. lack of effort, particularily brad richards. he looks totally unmotivated. it's a struggle to find him on the ice. for a guy making over $7.5 million this shouldn't be the case.

4. outside of lecavalier, st. louis, kuba and fedotenko, no one is consistant - especially denis, boyle and prospal

tampa has a good coach, but they play like pansies. the skill is there and for that reason they can be fun to watch, but overall they play with no intensity (is negative intensity possible?) and lack any semblance of physical play.

Richards isn't the 1st guy, and won't be the last either, to get a guaranteed huge payday ($39MM over the next 5 years) who lost some motivation after hitting the lottery. It's too bad for TB, because that is a LOT of money to have invested in one player. Hopefully, for their sake, he'll come around.

Archived