Cindy Crosby

bottlecap

Watching the game tonight with my brother, I turned and said, there are a handfull of guys in the league that I think would really click well with the current Sabres team, in terms of their skill, speed and vision, and while I think he's a bit of a whiny Canuck punk, Syd the Kid is good, and would fit in well with this club.

Of course, he probably would fit in well with any club, but that's not the point. I'm just saying, he seems to have similar type skills as many current Sabres.

Watching the game tonight with my brother, I turned and said, there are a handfull of guys in the league that I think would really click well with the current Sabres team, in terms of their skill, speed and vision, and while I think he's a bit of a whiny Canuck punk, Syd the Kid is good, and would fit in well with this club.

Of course, he probably would fit in well with any club, but that's not the point. I'm just saying, he seems to have similar type skills as many current Sabres.

Well said. I think he's a little whiny biatch but when it comes to just hockey, he is awesome. He was all hyped and talked about as the next Gretzky but on the ice out there, each time he was on the ice tonight, even without the puck, you could notice him, he was different, he looked smarter then most players, he looked sharper, he knew what was going to happen before it happened. The kid is the compete deal. It's scary to think how good he will be in 2 or so years and if they build more talent around the Pens.

crosby is great and all, but he still needs to develop. I mentioned in the game thread or in the chat last night that i'm almost starved for a pro athelete who is great at his sport and a better human being. Crosby's displayes outside of the whistles takes away from his displays in between the whistles. Too bad he had a hall of fame crybaby to learn from.

Sid is outstanding on the ice, you notice him right away. But he has been

pressed into an alternate captain role and I don't think he's even 20 years

old! He's too immature to be captain, he's got alot of growing up to do.

But the skills and the passion is there and he's going to be great once

he grows up a bit. Those temper tantrums show alot of frustration with

"the new rules", the mediocrity of his team, the refs etc. I don't think he's

a good captain...yet.

My question is about how the Penguins (like the Thrashers) mysteriously

got all those ultra-high draft picks in consecutive years. Didn't we have

a shot at getting Crosby at one point. It's like how did they get Crosby

AND Malkin?! It sounds like dirty pool to me!

crosby is great and all, but he still needs to develop. I mentioned in the game thread or in the chat last night that i'm almost starved for a pro athelete who is great at his sport and a better human being. Crosby's displayes outside of the whistles takes away from his displays in between the whistles. Too bad he had a hall of fame crybaby to learn from.

While Crosby has a tremendous upside, Brier has more points than him. Danny is the man! Too bad that will mean breaking the bank next season to keep him, if we even can

i agree he's amazing...and he'll be even more amazing the day after next...

it just bothers me how up his azz the (canadian) media is. he could take a leak on the ice and make TSN's highlight reel.

did they really have to show that exchange between him and the "unnamed sabre" last night? just stupid....and the bit about sharpening his skate? come on, who cares

The kid just turned 19 for crying out loud. Yes, he may remain a punk into his prime, but give him a break for now. I by no means am a Crosby nut, but I do think that he's handled the transition and the pressure quite well. Look at the team he played with last year. They were either too inexperienced or too old (see Palffy, Zigmund), and he put up monster numbers. I don't know about you, but at 19 I was trying to sneak into the bars on Chippewa and sleeping through my stats class. This kids under the biggest freaking microscope and just goes out and plays.

Jeremy White on 550 referred to him as a 12 year old cry baby. He's 7 years removed from 12, not what I'd call the mature echelon.

I was excited to watch the game last night. Like 'em or hate 'em but don't deny 'em. That first goal he scored was sweet. If Max or Danny did that we would be handing out the accolades. Not many people deke Campbell these days; he did. Biron was probably thinking Soupy had him as well and bang, he blows it by his right side. That talent will only get better. Imagine a Crosby, Max and Vanek line. That would be scintillating. I also echo what others have said, he was everywhere on the ice last night making plays.

Of course Pitt is going to have to swallow a big contract to keep him..

I was excited to watch the game last night. Like 'em or hate 'em but don't deny 'em. That first goal he scored was sweet. If Max or Danny did that we would be handing out the accolades. Not many people deke Campbell these days; he did. Biron was probably thinking Soupy had him as well and bang, he blows it by his right side.

That's the problem I have with Marty and why I said it was a goal Miller would have stopped.

Of course Pitt is going to have to swallow a big contract to keep him..

Fo sho!

The kid is the real deal. Hopefully he grows up but the NHL isn't going to do anything to stop giving him special treatment, since he's the future of the league. Malkin looks like he could be next in line, which is scary since they're both on the same team.

While Crosby has a tremendous upside, Brier has more points than him. Danny is the man! Too bad that will mean breaking the bank next season to keep him, if we even can

Ok :rolleyes: Let's take a look at the two in a few years, then say who's better. Also, how would Danny do on Pitt & how would Sid do on the Sabres?

Ok :rolleyes: Let's take a look at the two in a few years, then say who's better. Also, how would Danny do on Pitt & how would Sid do on the Sabres?

Statisticly wise, Crosby. But, Crosby will never be anywhere near the leader Danny Briere is. Crosby has great skills, no doubt about it and IMO if i could bring in the "PERFECT" player to Buffalo to fit with our style and system and our theory of the game of hockey, Sidney Crosby would be my pick. I think he's the perfect Buffalo Sabres type player.

Archived