THESE INJURIES ARE GETTING OLD

Sabretooth73

now Roy is out, WTF! Its just one injury after another with this team and theyve only played 18 games. Is Afinogenov playing tonight for sure? What about Lydman, I thought he was just having headaches....now why am I hearing about a "neck strain". IM getting tired of all this BS. Can we not just keep a healthy team for a while? F!

If you had been following closely, these injuries have been documented on this message board and even a tad bit during the game broadcasts or the shootout after the games. I can't imagine how you would feel it the team was actually playing badly. The only injuries that concern me are Miller and any Dman. The forwards within the organization can go 20 deep (including all the injured), so I only worry the goaltending and defense. Marty has not been all that good and Lindy is scared to death of playing anyone below Paetsch on the depth chart (as he should be).

Well, gee...thanks for the "lesson" inkman. I do follow closely, very closely. The Sabres are my team and have been for over 30 years. Am I wrong in bringing up a concern of mine in this forum just beacuse it has "been brought up before" or "talked about during broadcasts". What topics with the sabres arent brought up or talked about during broadcasts? I guess if something is brought up once it cannot be further discussed? Of course I know the Sabres are deep, real deep. It is also frustrating to lose anyone to injuries, even though we all know they are part of the game. But it hurts more when you get one guy coming back then to find out someone else is out 10-14 days.

Im glad they are playing well, and I would feel just as frustrated by injuries if they were losing. Sorry to bring something up thats "already been talked about". Thats never happened before. :oops:

Well, gee...thanks for the "lesson" inkman. I do follow closely, very closely. The Sabres are my team and have been for over 30 years. Am I wrong in bringing up a concern of mine in this forum just beacuse it has "been brought up before" or "talked about during broadcasts". What topics with the sabres arent brought up or talked about during broadcasts? I guess if something is brought up once it cannot be further discussed? Of course I know the Sabres are deep, real deep. It is also frustrating to lose anyone to injuries, even though we all know they are part of the game. But it hurts more when you get one guy coming back then to find out someone else is out 10-14 days.

Im glad they are playing well, and I would feel just as frustrated by injuries if they were losing. Sorry to bring something up thats "already been talked about". Thats never happened before. :oops:

Maybe Inkman is upset about a new thread for a topic that has already been discussed? Just a guess.

id say about 95% of topics on this board have been discussed more than once...is that wrong? is it worth getting "upset" about? Give me a break. Look at all the other topics, is there any "earth shattering news" that us sabre fans arent aware of? Its all opinions, information, etc. Stuff comes up all the time multiple times, with different people's views on those topics. This is supposed to be a place where we can feel comfortable bringing stuff like that up.

I think it is pretty clear. They are lightning fast and made of glass. I agree that the number of injuries is disproportionate to the number of games played. It started in the playoffs and continues unabated into the season. First it was Tallinder, then Max, then Ryan, then Lydman, now Roy. As we are all keeping score, that is 5 starters down in 18 games and no one has come back yet. Oh they keep teasing us about soon, but each passing game occurs and these guys are still no where near the bench.

The latest tease is Ryan and Max by Monday... We'll be digging into the farm team's farm team soon... :doh: :blush: :chris: :lol: :o :angry: :beer: <_<

agreed, thats all my point was, is its frustrating. I love this team,. love how deep they are. But I would just like to see everyone stay healthy for a while. Getting sick of when one guy is ready to come back, then another goes out. I heard Afinogenov is playing tonite, but who knows. Roy is out "10-14" days now. Tallinder is out another month at least. Lydman now has a "neck strain". this is not new news, but im just stating my frustration with the injuries and people in here wanna criticize me for "bringing up old news" Gimme a break, seriously.

Overreacting is fun. Here, I'll give it a shot:

Hopeless, I'm sick of your hatred of Marty. We know hate him so drop it already. :wallbash:

Was that ok? Feel free to overreact to what I just said too.

:lol: I don't hate Marty. I just don't particularly trust him. I was starting to come around until this last string of games.

Here's something that I haven't seen brought up before although, admittedly, I may not have been following closely enough...

I thought the Sabres were going back to their old crossed swords/charging Buffalo this year..what gives? Color me disappointed.

:blink:

ya think?

id say about 95% of topics on this board have been discussed more than once...is that wrong? is it worth getting "upset" about? Give me a break. Look at all the other topics, is there any "earth shattering news" that us sabre fans arent aware of? Its all opinions, information, etc. Stuff comes up all the time multiple times, with different people's views on those topics. This is supposed to be a place where we can feel comfortable bringing stuff like that up.

I am in agreement with you, I am sick of people on this board ripping on other people for stating their OPINION or bringing up things that might have already been addressed...things like the logo/jerseys and losing jay mckee, sure those things have been exhausted a long time ago, but you bring up a legitimate concern and everyone jumps on you. Everyone needs to chill the f*ck out and stop trying to act like a tough guy. It's really getting to be a problem on this board IMO. And now I'll sit back while people attack me

Here's something that I haven't seen brought up before although, admittedly, I may not have been following closely enough...

I thought the Sabres were going back to their old crossed swords/charging Buffalo this year..what gives? Color me disappointed.

Wow, are you sure you have been on this message board before?

I am in agreement with you, I am sick of people on this board ripping on other people for stating their OPINION or bringing up things that might have already been addressed...things like the logo/jerseys and losing jay mckee, sure those things have been exhausted a long time ago, but you bring up a legitimate concern and everyone jumps on you. Everyone needs to chill the f*ck out and stop trying to act like a tough guy. It's really getting to be a problem on this board IMO. And now I'll sit back while people attack me

Not to be a pain, but there are some other Sabres boards out there that will have 5 or 6 threads going on the exact same topic. IMHO it makes things much easier when a whole discussion is in one place.

EDIT: Since we don't appear to be done with the McKee argument yet. If we kept McKee, we would not have Spacek and would not be able to have our current roster and stay under the cap.

You are a bad person.

I had a little trepidation about my post sensing it would elicit such a reaction. I guess the whole Lydman thing sort of got under my skin. Seeing the replay, it would only make sense to me that Lydman would be experiencing headaches and neck pain. The back of his head was nearly touching his back. That being said perhaps you did not see the replay or if you did perhaps you did not come to the some conclusion as me. Either way, I'm sorry to step on your toes.

Everyone needs to chill the f*ck out and stop trying to act like a tough guy. It's really getting to be a problem on this board IMO. And now I'll sit back while people attack me

I hope you don't think I fall into that category but I guess after my initial post in this thread I can see why one would think so.

Yeah injuries suck, but i'd prefer them early in the season then later. I think every team in the NHL goes thru many injruries, esspicially competitive teams who play at the highest level each and every night.

But it happens everywhere. Toronto had a few already, Cheechoo is out for San Jose now. Roy is not the last guy to get hurt for us.

I think it is pretty clear. They are lightning fast and made of glass.

I think if Sabretooth73 had posted along this theme it would have sat better with me. Instead of stating ones frustration with the injuries it brings to light the topic of our team being fragile and I believe this could really be a lighting rod of a topic. Lest it is his thread and as he pointed out to me, he can start it any way he wants.

Yeah injuries suck, but i'd prefer them early in the season then later. I think every team in the NHL goes thru many injruries, esspicially competitive teams who play at the highest level each and every night.

But it happens everywhere. Toronto had a few already, Cheechoo is out for San Jose now. Roy is not the last guy to get hurt for us.

As we saw last year, the Sabres were better for it in the long run. All the injuries led to the call ups of Roy and Pominville who are blossoming stars right now. Campbell also benefitted by going from the bench to what seems like a Norris trophy canidate.

As we saw last year, the Sabres were better for it in the long run. All the injuries led to the call ups of Roy and Pominville who are blossoming stars right now. Campbell also benefitted by going from the bench to what seems like a Norris trophy canidate.

I really don't think last year's experience has any bearing on this year's team. We see time and again that teams have a window of opportunity to achieve greatness. I look at this injury string as anything but positive. If our expectation wasn't to win it all, then great work in the kids. But the Sabres are in that window right now. It will close pretty fast on them. Last year's team had different players and different motivations. Having this rash of injuries early doesn't mean we will be better for it because some kids get to play. Healthy teams win cups. Teams that can't stay healthy can't win in the long haul. Losing five guys in 18 games is a bad omen for this team. We don't even get a guy back before another goes down. I have made statements about "being made of glass" or "fragile" kind of tongue-and-cheek. What I think is happening is guys are being forced to play more minutes. More minutes means more checks, more checks means more injuries, more blocked shots, more sticks to the face, etc. What we are seeing is a cumulation affect of the injuries. The book is out there on the Sabres. Check, check and check some more and that will slow them down. Lose enough players and the Sabres edge in speed will be negated or marginalized.

I know there are some out there who will argue that the youth movement in Rochester will keep reloading this team. Well maybe. Maybe there isn't a Pomminstein there this year. Time will tell. Stafford, Paille, maybe, maybe not.

I think it is fanastic that their record is so good during this run, but I worry it is a house of cards too.

It's way too early in the season to be worrying about "windows of opportunity" ... if it was March and these guys might be out for the playoffs, that's one thing. It's November. I want them to get every possible point and have the best possible seed for the playoffs too, so I am not saying these games don't matter. But a bunch of 10-14 day injuries in November are not enough to close their window of opportunity.

Now, if Connolly never comes back and Briere and/or Drury leaves after the season, THAT's an injury that might hurt their window of opportnity ...

Archived