Injury SPECULATION

Corp000085

1) Ryan Miller... I'm concerned that he's got what dumont and briere had last year: a sports hernia, which takes a couple months to recover after surgery... hope it's not that.

2) Lydman... Migranes my butt... he got a concussion or some neck thing. I do hope its migranes, but i'm not expecting him back till the weekend

3) afinogenov... He's due to return any day now (like, before the weekend). if i don't hear an update from lindy during tonight's post-game interview, i'll become concerned again.

All 3 scenarios are SPECULATIVE! DO NOT take them as fact, insider information, or some sort of prophecy... they're just gut feelings. Thoughts??

WRT Miller, I think the telling aspect will be if we hear Dennis is going to start Wednesday or either Friday/Saturday. If they think Miller will be back sooner, they'll let Biron hold the fort for a couple more games, but if it looks like Ryan won't be ready by Friday, I really can't see them letting Marty handle 6 straight games over 9 nights, especially with games every other day next week.

If Miller will be out longer, who would you prefer he starts against? Wed, vs. Ottawa at home; Friday vs Pittsburgh (also home); or Saturday, at Ottawa. I think my vote would be for Friday vs. the Pens, but I am not sold on that game.

if i'm not mistaken, lydman's migraines are a result of a neck injury. i've been there before. i've had them so bad i had to go to the hospital, and getting over it can take a day or two as it just totally drains every last ounce of energy you've got. it could possibly be a slight concussion, but i don't see why they would keep that hush, hush.

I fear #1 is correct and will keep RM out awhile. I think Lydman will come back sooner rather than later. As for Max, hopefully you're right. can't say either way.

Not meaning to be rude, but what gives anyone the idea that Miller's injury is in the area of severness that is a sports hernia? Did anyone hear anything remotely linking Ryan Miller's injury to a hernia? All I heard is that it's a groin flareup. Now I know that we never hear the exact truth but why even mention this. Just because we haven't heard much about his so called groin flare up does not mean it is that severe. We have the luxury of having a quality back up in Marty and the organization should make absolutely sure that Miller's groin is in perfect health before he laces up the skates.

Not meaning to be rude, but what gives anyone the idea that Miller's injury is in the area of severness that is a sports hernia? Did anyone hear anything remotely linking Ryan Miller's injury to a hernia? All I heard is that it's a groin flareup. Now I know that we never hear the exact truth but why even mention this. Just because we haven't heard much about his so called groin flare up does not mean it is that severe. We have the luxury of having a quality back up in Marty and the organization should make absolutely sure that Miller's groin is in perfect health before he laces up the skates.

We heard about how well the injured guys were doing in the playoffs last year. Unless proven otherwise, it's a serious injury IMHO. Obviously I hope I'm dead wrong.

it's speculation based upon very recent history... danny briere was diagnosed with a groin/abdomen muscle pull/tweak... he played one game after that and then was out for a couple of months recovering from hernia surgery...

So the question still stands - if Miller won't be back this week, who would you prefer Dennis gets a start against? We have Ottawa at home on Wed.; Pittsburgh at home on Friday; and at Ottawa Saturday. I am leaning toward Friday vs. the Pens, but I am not sold on that game.

eh, if miller's done for an extended period, maybe you give marty friday off? if dennis will indeed be the backup at some point soon, you might as well throw him crosby, malkin, and the favorable calls that they'll be getting, rather than 2 games against the heartless senators.

Accrodring to Lindy Ruff:

"Lydman is feeling better and things are looking hopeful."

"Miller is feeling much better and I expect to get him in on Wednesday."

"Max is looking like within the week."

Per interview on WGR this morning. Should be up in the audio vault a little later this morning.

The title of this thread should be Injury FEAR and not SPECULATION. I'm the same way though, waiting for the proverbial shoe to always drop. But, hey, maybe Corp and I should share a piece of rhubarb pie, served up nice and hot, maybe things aren't as bad as we thought. :)

Archived