Stafford

Spudz

I defy anyone not familiar with the Sabres to point out Paetsch, Stafford or Paille for that matter as American League kids last night. They fit right in. I don't know when drafting and development got so good in this organization -- it used to be their Achilles heel. But it's amazing how these days there's a seemingly bottomless cup of joe down in Roch.

Since Paille is ready to move up and possibly Stafford, it looks like the formula will continue to work next year. We'll probably have to let go some of our higher priced players that are due next year and fill from the rear so to speak. But gives Darcy and the team some options when next year rolls around.

He had the game winning assist to Briere and he almost had his first goal with a nice deflection in front of the NYR net, but Weeks got the "Lucky" glove up in time. Damn!!

I thought he looked solid though in his first callup.

Also, I like Paetcsh alot too. He is a pretty fast mobile D man.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

Glad to hear:)

I'm surprized Lindy game him some overtime with Briere. One thing B-lo has done well in recent history is grooming young players instead of signing MIL $$ stars.

I like watching the hungry kids with talent play for Rochester and seeing what they become. You kind of get to know them better when they grow up with the team.

I defy anyone not familiar with the Sabres to point out Paetsch, Stafford or Paille for that matter as American League kids last night. They fit right in. I don't know when drafting and development got so good in this organization -- it used to be their Achilles heel. But it's amazing how these days there's a seemingly bottomless cup of joe down in Roch.

No doubt!! Something radically changed! I guess they finally woke up when salries sky rocketed that they needed to invest in scouting more. Love what I'm seeing now

He had the game winning assist to Briere and he almost had his first goal with a nice deflection in front of the NYR net, but Weeks got the "Lucky" glove up in time. Damn!!

I thought he looked solid though in his first callup.

Also, I like Paetcsh alot too. He is a pretty fast mobile D man.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

If you're talking about the "save" that the Rangers announcers dubbed "possibly the save of the year" then I don't think it would have been a goal for Stafford - it looked like the defenseman defelcted it on net - the puck never made it to Stafford's stick.

Doesn't take away from Drew's solid night, and as PA noted, both he and Paille looked like they had been in the NHL all along - never really looked out of place.

Archived