Afinigenov---Don't Like the Sound of This From Ruff...

matter2003

That's definitely not a good sign---

Always seems Ruff is very touchy about saying anything for a few days about major injuries, and from the way he acted when asked the question it sounds like Max could be out a few months...I really hope not, but I am fearing the worst after hearing those comments from Ruff....

That's definitely not a good sign---

Always seems Ruff is very touchy about saying anything for a few days about major injuries, and from the way he acted when asked the question it sounds like Max could be out a few months...I really hope not, but I am fearing the worst after hearing those comments from Ruff....

This one is even worse from Sabres.com....

"[Afinogenov, Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek] had been our best line," said Ruff. "Are we going to miss him? Darn right, we're going to miss him. But now it's somebody else's opportunity."

Don't look for Max to be back anytime soon....aaargh

If it is a LT-type injury, I think they won't waste any time in IR'ing Max, but with them already putting Timmay on the IR, that should give them some short-term cap flexibility to bring up Paille, Stafford, someone like that.

The injury situation - Tallinder already out months and Max's status unknown - might prompt Darcy to make a move or two to free up some cap room.

Losing Max is definitely a big loss of the team. But, it will be a test to show how resilient they can be and with Tallinder out as well, we will see if they show the same type of resilience as last year. It looks like Paille's break and chance to shine has come.

They showed him get thrown into the boards on CBC, but they were not sure if that's when he got hurt.

I picked up the "upper body" tag they use so often... Maybe ribs again... Broken???

Can't they slap a flak jacket on him?... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Listen to me, I am being such an arse, 13 games in an I am talking crap... :nana: :nana:

I picked up the "upper body" tag they use so often... Maybe ribs again... Broken???

Can't they slap a flak jacket on him?... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Listen to me, I am being such an arse, 13 games in an I am talking crap... :nana: :nana:

I am 99% sure its a concussion...if you look at the way his head hit the boards when Belak through him into the corner in the first period, it has concussion written all over it. Damn it!

I am 99% sure its a concussion...if you look at the way his head hit the boards when Belak through him into the corner in the first period, it has concussion written all over it. Damn it!

It's definitely not a concussion. It's supposedly a separated shoulder which is 2-3 weeks out at best.

It's definitely not a concussion. It's supposedly a separated shoulder which is 2-3 weeks out at best.

Buffalo News is saying its likely a seperated shoulder....out 3 weeks----

Could have been worse, now its time for someone to step up...

Isn't this around the same time last year where we lost Miller for a month or so??

I don't think it was a clean hit at all. Looked like a hook under the arms to me, which spun Max to the ice and then into the boards. No call, of course.

I saw Hecht get the same hook under the arms, then lose the puck behind Miller and soon it was a goal.

I think the standards have been lowered, and it's really beginning to hurt our team.

The fact of Stafford being better is up for debate, but this team knows how much work Paille has put in and don't think for a second that doesn't matter. Stafford is still young and I believe they are looking long term with him. Paille almost made the team from the onset so it almost seems inevitable that he gets first call-up.

Archived