Afinigenov---Don't Like the Sound of This From Ruff...

matter2003

I don't think it was a clean hit at all. Looked like a hook under the arms to me, which spun Max to the ice and then into the boards. No call, of course.

I saw Hecht get the same hook under the arms, then lose the puck behind Miller and soon it was a goal.

I think the standards have been lowered, and it's really beginning to hurt our team.

It's one loss. Out of 12 games. Relax.

You are not going to get the calls everynight.

Injuries are part of the game. The Sabres were lucky to go into the season pretty much injury free. I know Connolly is hurt but I never expected him back.

Injuries are part of the game. The Sabres were lucky to go into the season pretty much injury free. I know Connolly is hurt but I never expected him back.

I do think he has a point though. This is the second game in a row where a lot of clutching and grabbing was not called. Look at the play where McCabe tripped Briere and got his stick stuck in his skates. the official who was right there did not call it...The offical back at the blue line did.

I do think he has a point though. This is the second game in a row where a lot of clutching and grabbing was not called. Look at the play where McCabe tripped Briere and got his stick stuck in his skates. the official who was right there did not call it...The offical back at the blue line did.

I didn't think the game was called poorly.

The Sabres did cough the puck up nearly 20 times though. That is a bigger concern.

well put. i'm very surprised that we were as healthy as we were opening the season...

you usually don't see that coming out of such a long playoff run. look at how bruised up carolina has been.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but this happened in the Boston game as well. For a good 5 or 6 seconds the Boston player's stick was stuck in Briere's skate. The Boston player tried to free it but did not yank as he knew Briere would go down and would get a tripping call. He eventually just let go of his stick and as he did, it popped out of the skate.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but this happened in the Boston game as well. For a good 5 or 6 seconds the Boston player's stick was stuck in Briere's skate. The Boston player tried to free it but did not yank as he knew Briere would go down and would get a tripping call. He eventually just let go of his stick and as he did, it popped out of the skate.

I noticed.

Not that it matters, but the ref that was standing right next to Roy and diving Loaf didn't call the hook at the blue line, it was the ref standing behind the goal line that made the call. Absolutely pathetic call and it definitely turned the game's momentum.

I expect that Kimmerly and Furlatt were not pleased with their reviews that next morning.

Archived