Sabres close to selling out the season

wjag

Just heard this on WGR that the Sabres are close to selling out the entire season. They said you can't get two seats together for any game before February...

Damn I was hoping to catch a game at Thanksgiving (Montreal) and one at Christmas (Carolina) when I come back to town.

For all of us out-of-towners hoping to catch a game, better buy now...

I guess there will be plenty of Bills tickets by then... :doh:

Just heard this on WGR that the Sabres are close to selling out the entire season. They said you can't get two seats together for any game before February...

Damn I was hoping to catch a game at Thanksgiving (Montreal) and one at Christmas (Carolina) when I come back to town.

According to the Buffalo Snooze article today (sorry I don't have time to find the link) there are pairs left in December (but they don't specify which games) and the most remaining tickets are for New Year's Day, Feb 7 & 17, and some games in March.

Look in the trading post on this forum. I just got some great seats to the 11/20 game against Tampa Bay.

I was going to try to get tickets in December... guess I better do that now. I want to see them live at least once this season.

If I can't get them for December, then I might have to see them play away, perhaps the final Ottawa game in March. Buffalo and Ottawa are nearly equidistant from Syracuse I think.

Yeah but they spent nowhere NEAR the amount of cap money they did this year.

True, but in actual $'s they spent over $31MM last year, probably just under $32MM. This year, they are currently on pace to spend just under $40MM and when the inevitable injury callups occur, they'll end up on paper spending ~$41MM. But after players return their escrow, the Sabres actual payroll this year will probably be in the $36-37MM range.

With the extra tickets sold and the Sabremania taking over WNY, provided the team makes it to the 2nd round I don't see them losing money this season. (Imagine how much more they could have made with a good logo and merchandise in-stock to sell. They might have been able to afford to keep the scouting department. ;) )

Yeah but they spent nowhere NEAR the amount of cap money they did this year.

You also don't remember how many empty seats there were in the arena in October last season, lots....

We have had a sellout for every game so far, 18,690 compared to 12,500 or even 11,200, thats alot more revenue...

Yeah they are spending more $$ cap wise but they are also getting more $$ in return from revune via Merchandise and ticket sales :thumbsup:

Well, I was lucky enough to get one ticket to tomorrow nights game. I was hoping to get a pair, but that seems like it is going to be impossible. I thought I heard you can only get pairs for games from December on.

As for the Bills, I just picked up a pair for Christmas Eves game against the Titans on Ebay, for a whopping $31 in the corner endzone seats

Archived