Breaking News: Hitch fired; Clarke resigns

X. Benedict

A 2-Fer!!!!

Unreal how long I've been waiting for Clarke to be ushered out. What a waste.

He should have been suspended from hockey for life for breaking Kharlamov's

ankle during that Summit Series. It was no less than infuriating to have this

toothless moron celebrating a Cup at our expense.

Hitch also cheated us out of a cup. but now it's going to be hard to hate the

Flyers anymore.

Anyway for now, revenge is sweet and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Wow! After reading all the quotes on this thread, it's no surprise that Sabres fans and Flyers fans have a hate on for each other. After all, there's some numbskull on there who's got a tag line that says he's "taking a dump on center ice in Buffalo". He must be having a dry fire now considering how our 9-1 win over them was a catalyst for this massive shakeup.

Just out of curiosity, who didn't see this one coming? I had to wonder when this was going to come about.

I hate the Flyers purely because of their fans. Not because they're fans of the Flyers, I hate them because half of them act and talk like friggin' psychos.

I remember a thread last year when we were pummeling their sorry behinds 8-2, in which a Flyer fan complained that there were, and I quote :

"No elbows in the face, no crosschecks in the back of the neck, no hip checks, no heart."

In other words, who the heck cares who wins as long as they can injure somebody in the process, hopefully career ending.

Sick people like that deserve nothing but contempt, and sure as hell do not belong in a hockey arena, unless strapped to the goal frame butt-naked, and dragged behind the zamboni while both teams fire slapshots at them.

I hate the Flyers purely because of their fans. Not because they're fans of the Flyers, I hate them because half of them act and talk like friggin' psychos.

I remember a thread last year when we were pummeling their sorry behinds 8-2, in which a Flyer fan complained that there were, and I quote :

"No elbows in the face, no crosschecks in the back of the neck, no hip checks, no heart."

In other words, who the heck cares who wins as long as they can injure somebody in the process, hopefully career ending.

Sick people like that deserve nothing but contempt, and sure as hell do not belong in a hockey arena, unless strapped to the goal frame butt-naked, and dragged behind the zamboni while both teams fire slapshots at them.

I'm with you. This is absolutely the main reason I can't stand that team. And it does no good merely to ignore their message boards; they do enough stupid yet newsworthy things in public (dumping beer on Lindy Ruff comes to mind as just one example) that they cannot be truly tuned out.

I also agree 100%. Flyer fans are unequivocally the biggest neanderthal idiots in all of professional sports...and with all those New York and Boston teams, that is truly saying something. They are like the Columbian soccer fans of North America

Philly fans are horrible for every sport...can't stand them. The funny thing is that I have blown off looking at this thread all day because I thought it was a joke. The Bills had me so depressed today that I haven't read any sports news either....I just cannot believe that Snyder finally did something that was in the best interest of his team. Good for him..in the long run probably bad for us.

Talk about hating philly fans.....

Since I live less than an hour away, I have to deal with them everynight. My flag (the one in my avatar) had to be removed last week - I couldn't trust leaving it up while I was at work! I have lost three license plates in the lat 6 years - all after Sabres wins.

Three years ago, my then 8 yr old daughter wanted to see a game for her birthday. She wore her Sabres jersey - and heard nothing but curse words as we got to our seats! (now we only go to games in Buffalo - rather spend nearly 8 hours getting their and watching with humans!

I do get a little even, though. No one with a flyers plate get warnings when they speed, forget their seatbelts, drift pass the stop sign...... :D

Since I live less than an hour away, I have to deal with them everynight. My flag (the one in my avatar) had to be removed last week - I couldn't trust leaving it up while I was at work! I have lost three license plates in the lat 6 years - all after Sabres wins.

Three years ago, my then 8 yr old daughter wanted to see a game for her birthday. She wore her Sabres jersey - and heard nothing but curse words as we got to our seats! (now we only go to games in Buffalo - rather spend nearly 8 hours getting their and watching with humans!

I do get a little even, though. No one with a flyers plate get warnings when they speed, forget their seatbelts, drift pass the stop sign...... :D

I guess there's no freedom in Philadelphia. :lol:

Jeez, I mean how sick are you if you're cursing an 8 year old for wearing the oppostitions jersey.

I mean what is this, 1930's Germany???

I don't see how this is good news. Kind of like Democrats who want to impeach President Bush. Let these people hang themselves. :)

I suppose comparing Bush to Clarke is accurate. Both have outdated philosophies and struggle when the least bit of adversity comes their way.

awesome...be on the lookout for THIS GUY: http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62075

"BSbully" my ass hahaha! btw, i think he might have been the guy who said he wanted to "snipe" Sabre players.

Archived