Breaking News: Hitch fired; Clarke resigns

X. Benedict

Makes this story even funnier:

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2706.asp

?Well, the important thing for me was that when you make the decision to play younger players, to build the fabric for years to come, you want to be around when they mature, and they are getting that way now,? said Hitchcock. ?We made the decision last year to put them in line up and play them and I want to be the guy that coaches them.?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I particularly enjoy how they are dicsussing that Forsberg should be traded, seeing as they should now rebuild, and that he's the best trading chip they have.

Yeah, I'm sure GM's are just tripping over themselves to sign an injury ridden 33 year old center, at 5.75 mill.

It's not like a lot of teams have that kind of salary to spare, considering Philly would most likely look for picks and prospects in such a deal.

Great player when healthy, but with his medical history I don't think 2 mill. would be an unreasonable amount.

Their best trading chip is Gagne. Still a little pricey, but at least he's not injury prone like Forsberg.

Key Quote: "The Flyers have announced that Hitchcock will be replaced by long-time TV partner Mr. Green Jeans. The Flyers believe his talents in working with inanimate vegetables is just the thing needed to revive Derian Hatcher's career."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But really, this is terrible news. As long as Clarke was there, there was no chance the Phlyers would ever figure out how to do business in the new NHL.

I feel like I did when I heard the Fish had fired Wannstadt or the Jets fired Kotite.

Wow, the average IQ on that forum must be like 29 or something, and that's including BeastOfTheEast.

Here's the funny thing - The morons automatically assume that he's being sarcastic, cause never in a million years would any of these cavemen on that forum ever have any sort respect for anyone but themselves.

Sad people indeed.

The problem is, you can tell from the grammar and juvenile ego's that 85% of the people on that board are angry 15 year olds who can do nothing but talk.

I like the one where a Cryer fan asks about whether we're afraid if the Flyers will take out Briere, and Afinogenov next time we meet : Oh rest assured, the days where anyone were afraid of The Cryers are long gone.

The problem is, you can tell from the grammar and juvenile ego's that 85% of the people on that board are angry 15 year olds who can do nothing but talk.

I like the one where a Cryer fan asks about whether we're afraid if the Flyers will take out Briere, and Afinogenov next time we meet : Oh rest assured, the days where anyone were afraid of The Cryers are long gone.

Long time gone............ B-)

Are you kidding? These are fans that applauded JP getting speared and booed when the PA announcer asked them to show the Philly "brotherly love" and applaud the injured player.

I'd say the grammer on that forum is truly indicitive of the average Philly fan, regardless of age.

Archived