TSN.ca power rankings

Corp000085

1) dallas

2) minnesota

3) anaheim

4) detroit

5) buffalo

um... didn't we beat the red wings? also, anaheim is 3-0-2, whereas buffalo is 5-0... my point, for all those saying that we're the frontrunners, here's some definitive proof that we STILL get no respect!

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548

1) dallas

2) minnesota

3) anaheim

4) detroit

5) buffalo

um... didn't we beat the red wings? also, anaheim is 3-0-2, whereas buffalo is 5-0... my point, for all those saying that we're the frontrunners, here's some definitive proof that we STILL get no respect!

The people who make the "power rankings" at TSN need to make them BEFORE they use their crack pipe, not after. I think the Sabres at the very least are #2.....still can't get any respect...or maybe they're still bitter about us beating their beloved Ott-wa Senaturds

With all due respect to the Canadian Sabres fans we have here... the bastard Canadiens who make the tsn.ca page never give us respect. They will always give preference to the Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, etc. and snub us when they get the chance. It's just how its always been and always will be.

1) dallas

2) minnesota

3) anaheim

4) detroit

5) buffalo

It seems that TSN is very slanted towards the western conference.

So is cbc.ca

Have you seen CBC's powerrankings? (10/13/06)

1. Anaheim

2. Buffalo

3. Minnesota

4. Dallas

5. San Jose

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/power-rankings.html

With all due respect to the Canadian Sabres fans we have here... the bastard Canadiens who make the tsn.ca page never give us respect. They will always give preference to the Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, etc. and snub us when they get the chance. It's just how its always been and always will be.

There's just one problem with that reasoning... no Canadian team is ranked higher than us.

I have no idea what their formula is for their ratings, but whatever it is, it's flawed.

There's just one problem with that reasoning... no Canadian team is ranked higher than us.

I have no idea what their formula is for their ratings, but whatever it is, it's flawed.

I don't mean to imply that they will always put a Canadien team ahead of us, but at least last year, it seemed as though they would always rank the Canadien teams a couple spots higher than they should have been and us a couple spots lower than we should have been. So its possible to show a negative bias towards us and a positive one towards the Canadien teams without actually putting a Canadien team ahead of us.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but its always just seemed that TSN has something against us... are they based out of Toronto? Perhaps its the Leafs fan in them that just has a difficult time giving us the due credit. Don't you think its a little suspicious that they don't give us much credit for starting 5-0 (with 3 road games and against 5 playoff teams from last season), but Minnesota jumps from 14 to 2 with 5 HOME WINS?!?! Just seems weird to me and it goes along with some things they seemed to think about us last year

I don't want to be no. 1 in the rankings. Let's just keeping kicking everyone's butt. I don't need rankings to tell me how good this team is. What our power rankings are doesn't mean jack in regard to taking the Cup.

Guys, Braedon is right. Just because a team finishes the season on top of the power rankings doesn't mean that they're going to win the Cup. Just ask Detroit. They won the President's trophy last year for most points in a season. What happened? Edmonton, a team that barely made it into the playoffs, took them out in the first round. Not only did they do that, but we all know that they went all the way to the Cup finals.

So, power rankings mean nothing. The players know this, and so does the front office. What's going to matter most is if we bring the Cup to Buffalo this year. That's their main concern. ;)

I dont have a problem with these rankings, if we wanted to go based off of record you could simply look at the standings. Looking only at the raw way they played the full 5 games, I certainly don't believe they played like the best team in the nhl, of course we won all 5 games, which is a testament to the resolve of the team. If they continue to play like the way they played in the rangers game I fully expect them to move up. I dont buy all these woe-is-me canadian bias stories.

1) dallas

2) minnesota

3) anaheim

4) detroit

5) buffalo

Ruff Secretly Told the Writers to Diss us to keep the team feuled and angry.. dizzle..

well we really don't deserve to be #1.

sure we're 5-0.

but 3/5 W in shootouts, and another 1 goal game?

Dallas won in OT, followed by 3 decisive games, and then a SO last night.

based on stats we're not the best.

Exactly

Sorry to say, just because we're 5-0, it doesn't mean they are the best. THey have struggled and had to fight back into almost every game they played. 3 games have had to go into a shoot out, another was a one goal game, and then there was the win over the Rangers which was the only big win so far. They have been giving up early leads and spend the rest of the game taking stupid penalties and having claw back into games. Not exactly something that a top team should be doing.

Be glad they have them listed in the top 10 because with a couple bounces against us in those games, they could have been alot lower on that list

I was expecting more senseless rantings in here than what we have so far. Oh well, maybe people are starting to come around.

Anyway, I said it all last year and I'll say it again. Until they start using power rankings to seed for the playoffs, I won't put much stock into what these guys say. Yes, I realize that these power rankings would give us the same seed as the actual standings would, but hey, I still need to get my mini-rant out of the way.

Archived