GAME THREAD

Corp000085

I don't like the way we're playing tonight but I began to feel good about the game when we killed the Wild power play at the 4 1/2 minute mark. The tie with 39 seconds left in the second is beginning to become what I expect of this team. If we can play 20 solid minutes we'll eke out another win. We NEED the next goal.

the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period will be all about how the wild perform, and not the sabres. the sabres expect this, the wild's hearts might be broken tonight though. they finally were abloe to put a lead up, and it was taken away seconds before a nice long intermission. Sabres need to play their game, don't flinch, and see what the wild lays down on the table.

we win!!! 3-2

biron somehow gets a 10 game winning streak record for the sabres. the sabres played sorta slow till the 3rd period. that goal at the end of the second really turned the tide. great defense, great on the PK, great blocking, and again, i can't say this enough, CLUTCH!!!

Can someone explain to me why Roloson got the 2nd star instead of Biron?

Probably for 2 reasons.

1. The 3 stars are voted on by the media present at the game, since there are more Minnesota people covering the game (in all probability) there will necessarily be a slight home town slant.

2. They typically vote when there are still at least 5 minutes left in the 3rd to allow for the stars to be tabulated by game end. The score was still tied at that time.

biron somehow gets a 10 game winning streak record for the sabres.

The "somehow" is that he's considerably better than most of this board thinks. How many2-goal games were there in that 10-game streak? As I've stated before, he's probably not the future. But give him credit where it's due. In fact, I wouldn't expect Miller to start until Biron--and I mean Biron, not the team--loses one.

that was a solid road game from the sabres... im not even worried anymore when we are tied or down a goal in the 3rd because i kno this team will come back and win.

Something you could never think before with this team. Lindy's quote about the team's confidence regarding there 3rd period play is quite evident with tonight's performance. You just had to figure they were going to steal this game like they've done recently.

The "somehow" is that he's considerably better than most of this board thinks. How many2-goal games were there in that 10-game streak? As I've stated before, he's probably not the future. But give him credit where it's due. In fact, I wouldn't expect Miller to start until Biron--and I mean Biron, not the team--loses one.

Also the .944 save percentage.