For True Blue Collar Fans in the 716

Braedon

Alright, here's my side of the coin:

1) Saw Max nation, Kalinin, Cambell after the game. Kalinin held his own, posting a shiner and good for him.....when was the last time you saw THAT in a preseason game!!!!!!!!

2)No Sidney?! What a little *#*!

3) A plethora of new logo gear in the crowd tonight. The jerseys look sweet, even if you hate the slug. Get over it. The AGH was a bust in the beginning, now you are crying for it. I'm a fan of the 3rd.....But I'm a Sabres fan 1st. And I LOVE the blue and gold!!!!!!! War Korab!!!!

4) 17,000+ for a preseason game?...........TRY THAT CANES!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you were confused as to what real hockey was, come to Western New York.

5) T-minus 6 hours till I leave for the Bills tailgating. What a great weekend. Let this serve as my notice to the boss that I will NOT be in on Monday.

6) IT IS NOT "LET'S GO SABRES." It'S "LET'S GO BUFFALO." AND AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT'S BOTHERED BY THAT CHANT?

7) Last but not least. Danny, Chris and Soup were tailgaiting at the Bills/Jets game last week. They were decked out in Bills attire, and partied with anyone who bothered to say hi. That makes me more proud to be a fan of this team.

Alright, here's my side of the coin:

7) Last but not least. Danny, Chris and Soup were tailgaiting at the Bills/Jets game last week. They were decked out in Bills attire, and partied with anyone who bothered to say hi. That makes me more proud to be a fan of this team.

Wow, that's so cool. I also wanted to throw a plug in for Adam Mair, he is looking like a player ready to jump to a new level. Scored another goal last night and made a beautiful play earlier in game where he almost scored. He might be a 25+ goal scorer this year.

I kinda like "Let's go Sabres!" Right PTS?

Actually, although many will say "let's go Sabres" is what the "kids" today chant and is not historically accurate for this franchise, if you listen to some highlights of goals scored during the finals in 75, you will hear fans at the Aud chanting that.

3) A plethora of new logo gear in the crowd tonight. The jerseys look sweet, even if you hate the slug. Get over it. The AGH was a bust in the beginning, now you are crying for it. I'm a fan of the 3rd.....But I'm a Sabres fan 1st. And I LOVE the blue and gold!!!!!!! War Korab!!!!

I also went last night and had seats in the front frow of level 300. I also saw alot of the new logo stuff. Many many jerseys even, both blank and lettered.

Now, I have hated the logo since the leak and was not crazy about the new sweaters either. But...having seen them on the ice, they didn't look all that bad. You could not see the logo from the 300s and the numbers on the front are impossible to see. However, the gold numbers on the back contrasted fabulously with the blue and looked fantastic from the 300s. The blue also looked blue, not black like it did on my tv while watching the DVR recording.

Do not get me wrong, I will not buy any slug merchandise but it didn't look as bad while watching the game. Maybe it was just the elation of the new season starting but I didn't mind it. In fact when they convert the vintage to the new colors, they will look awesome, imo.

Before leaving for the game, my wife said, "Don't you dare buy any Sabre stuff with that logo on it or when you are sleeping I will take a picture of you with it and post it all over the net." I told her she had no need to worry. However, I have worry of the slug leaving as soon as I hoped due to what I saw last night. My big fear since the leak was the fact that parents who cannot say "no" to thier kids will be responsible for keeping it around. A few seats away in the front row of the 300's was a pudgy 10 or 11 year old kid sat with his dad. Durng the warm-ups he stood in the aisle wearing a new logo tee-shirt. Before the first period started he returned to his seats wearing a new logo Miller sweater. During the first intermission he left and returned with a new logo baseball cap. My fears are being realized...

Reminds me of the 8 Mile movie..."now everybody in the 3-1-3, put your mutha-truckin' hands up, and follow me..."

There was a radio station in Orlando - Power 95.3, the area's new #1 for hip-hop & R&B - and one of their taglines was something about bringing the hottest hits and freshest jams to everyone in the 407 and the 321 (we had two area codes in Orlando, so everything was 10-digit dialing...)...sounded silly to me but I guess it worked, b/c they used that tagline for about year or so...

Where did you see them at the Bills game?

Between the stadium and the fieldhouse. My colleague ran into Briere between two cars, and said..."You're Danny Briere!" I'm like"that's the best you could come up with?" What a homer. Anyway, his brother and cousin were drunk and shameless, and when they heard he ran into Briere, they went back to hang out with them. Drury was wearing a sweater with the old style buffalo. Very cool considering you have 3 guys that are professional athletes themselves, and they are hanging out with us lamen people to root on the Bills.

FYI, just got back from the game, ALWAYS LOVE WINNING AT HOME. The only snag was that the Clintons were there, so they closed off a bunch of exits and were strict with the pat downs, so we didn't get to our seats until 7 minutes left in the first.

bob_sauve28, I like the Mair plug. He's a beast out there. I like him because now that we don't have Grier, we desparately need those that will forecheck. Bring on number 22.

Everyone is seeing a lot of the new logo cause its all you can get. I had to order my "alternate" jersey with Miller on it last night at the game. The check out lady said she thought the new logo looked "cheap". She also stated that as soon as the merchandise with the vintage logo comes in its out the door. So basically people are coming to the arena with money to burn in their pocket and they aren't going to leave without something.

I kinda like "Let's go Sabres!" Right PTS?

Actually, although many will say "let's go Sabres" is what the "kids" today chant and is not historically accurate for this franchise, if you listen to some highlights of goals scored during the finals in 75, you will hear fans at the Aud chanting that.

I love LET'S GO SABRES.

I actually like the variety of chants we have. I still think Let's Go Buffalo is the main chant but Let's Go Sabres is a good change of pace.

Heck in the playoffs we had those two plus Oh Ah, Sabres on the Warpath going during the same game.

But I really love LET'S GO SABRES.

I concur that the new jerserys look fantastic when you see them live and in person. Notice I didn't say the logo looks great, but rather the jersey does.

I was considering buying a home jersey but have decided I'll wait. My last Sabres jersey was a Pierre Turgeon jersey I bought back when I was about 10 and I wore it into the ground. Looking back though it was a sweet jersey. All the lettering was sewn on and I got it the year of the Sabres 20th anniversary, so I got the 20th anniversary patch on the chest.

Anyways, there were a few pieces of merchandise at the Sabres store with the original logo, yet it was colored with the new navy blue and darker gold. It looked amazing. I've decided that since I've gone 10+ years without a Sabres jersey, I can wait another couple years until the club comes out with an updated color scheme version of the original jersey.

Between the stadium and the fieldhouse. My colleague ran into Briere between two cars, and said..."You're Danny Briere!" I'm like"that's the best you could come up with?" What a homer. Anyway, his brother and cousin were drunk and shameless, and when they heard he ran into Briere, they went back to hang out with them. Drury was wearing a sweater with the old style buffalo. Very cool considering you have 3 guys that are professional athletes themselves, and they are hanging out with us lamen people to root on the Bills.

FYI, just got back from the game, ALWAYS LOVE WINNING AT HOME. The only snag was that the Clintons were there, so they closed off a bunch of exits and were strict with the pat downs, so we didn't get to our seats until 7 minutes left in the first.

bob_sauve28, I like the Mair plug. He's a beast out there. I like him because now that we don't have Grier, we desparately need those that will forecheck. Bring on number 22.

Thats great. I woulda stayed out in the lot with Danny, Chris and Soupy instead of going in the game!! Man, that Vikes game was overall pretty boring. NHL kicks NFLs ass as far as I'm concerned. Football is pretty slow considering the 10,000 commercials all game :angry:

Also, 17k for a preseason. In your face 'Canes!! They couldn't even sellout a playoff game. I would love to see the Sabres kick the crap outta them this Wednesday.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

Wow - that would be so excellent to meet those guys. I was all excited just to have my 8 month old son's photo taken with Razor last year (trying to talk my wife into putting it on the cover slot of his baby book) but to speak with a hockey god like Chris Drury would be something else.

Weren't they worried about being mobbed by people wanting to meet them? Guess they didn't care and that is what makes it so cool that they were there!

I was offered club seats for the Canes/Sabres game in Raleigh. This vendor really wants my business and he knows I'm a diehard Sabres fan. Our conversation went like this:

Vendor -" Hey wanta go to the Hurricanes game and sit in the company club seats?"

Me - "Hell No!"

Vendor - "But you love hockey and they are raising the Stanley Cup banners."

Me (at this point annoyed) - "I would rather eat live earthworms than be subjected to watching them raise the banner against my team."

Vendor - "But you are a big Sabres fan, they are playing the Sabres."

Me - " You just don't get it..."

I was offered club seats for the Canes/Sabres game in Raleigh. This vendor really wants my business and he knows I'm a diehard Sabres fan. Our conversation went like this:

Vendor -" Hey wanta go to the Hurricanes game and sit in the company club seats?"

Me - "Hell No!"

Vendor - "But you love hockey and they are raising the Stanley Cup banners."

Me (at this point annoyed) - "I would rather eat live earthworms than be subjected to watching them raise the banner against my team."

Vendor - "But you are a big Sabres fan, they are playing the Sabres."

Me - " You just don't get it..."

Neither do I. If you're as diehard as you say, you'd be there booing the raising of the banner and telling any 'Cane fan within earshot how lucky they were half our team was minor leaguers... and they still almost won.

You gotta support the team. Suck it up, don't act too proud, and go cheer on the boys.

Neither do I. If you're as diehard as you say, you'd be there booing the raising of the banner and telling any 'Cane fan within earshot how lucky they were half our team was minor leaguers... and they still almost won.

You gotta support the team. Suck it up, don't act too proud, and go cheer on the boys.

I can understand what SC is getting at here. I wouldn't have taken any free tickets to the Stars' home opener after the No Goal controversy, whether it was a chance to boo the Stars or not. Its hard enough watching another team skate around with something that should have been yours...

As for the Canes, I don't know if I would go back in that arena during a Sabres-Canes game unless I was with a large contingent of Buffalo fans or maybe a SWAT team...frigging bunch of classless idiots, throwing $hit on me & my wife after game five...nah I'm not still bitter...

Archived