Know What Happens One Week From Tonight?

bob_sauve28

LOL, actually I'll be playing too, but will only miss the first part of the Sabres game.

I'll be taping the game (yes, I'm still stuck in the VCR era). I'll make every effort to avoid hearing how it ended, but my brother is usually good for spoiling stuff like this. The one good thing about taping it is that I get to avoid the banner raising.

One week. A bunch of guys wearing sluggalo sweaters hug the blue line and watch a Carolina Hurricane Cup banner lift from the ice and to the rafters.

And then they get angry. And hungry.

I can't think of a better place for the sluggers to open the season, and I can't wait!

One week. A bunch of guys wearing sluggalo sweaters hug the blue line and watch a Carolina Hurricane Cup banner lift from the ice and to the rafters.

And then they get angry. And hungry.

I can't think of a better place for the sluggers to open the season, and I can't wait!

Opposing teams are almost never on the ice for those things. This time, however, if I was Lindy, I would have the team on the ice. Figuratively rub their fricken noses in it. Piss em off. Hey, if Chris Drury wasn't afraid to have a picture of the Cup placed in the lockerroom, they shouldn't hide from the real thing.

my jersey will be on, the fridge will be stocked with labatts, and i will have listened to RJ's "roll the highlight" cd enough times for my girlfriend to consider dumping me.

i'm getting excited already!!

my wife allowed me to buy a $130 pair of usb headphones just so she won't have to hear any more RJ coming from itunes... needless to say, it drives her crazy

Opposing teams are almost never on the ice for those things. This time, however, if I was Lindy, I would have the team on the ice. Figuratively rub their fricken noses in it. Piss em off. Hey, if Chris Drury wasn't afraid to have a picture of the Cup placed in the lockerroom, they shouldn't hide from the real thing.

I'm with you, except for one small detail... Have the sabres stand shoulder to shoulder right before the red center line... do not allow the DiverCanes to cross the redline for fear of a knuckle sandwich.

I agree completely. I can't think of a better way to motivate them. You will see a scary good Sabres team that doesn't look back until June!!

Archived