Game Thread

Sabresince70

FAST start by the sabres... why are the canadiens in white and the sabres in black if its regulation for the home team to wear dark now? I see that its their 3rd jersey, but i didn't realize that a team could wear white at home anymore. (or is this the old, its buffalo or a canadian team, so we'll make an exception clause)

Hey, if Montreal can wear white at home (I know it's their third jersey, but the new policy is based on colored third jerseys), why can't the Sabres? I like white at home--reminds me of Jets and Nords fans with their seas of white, and of hockey the way it was.

I'm assuming the Canadiens have to make it known to the road team well ahead of time that they'll be wearing the white 3rd jerseys. Speaking of those jerseys, why are they allowed to have that stupid vintage hockey patch on all of those jerseys. It's blatent advertising for the vintage jersey lines. What's next, jerseys like the one's they wear in Russia?

Is there a cooler hockey city to play in than in Montreal???? I went to the old forum once, and the huge oil paintings of the great canadians players in their history gave me goosebumps. Anyone been to the new forum?

You mean Le Centre Bell? Yes, I've been there many times. It's one of the larger arenas in the NHL (22,000 cap?) It's petty much your typical cookie-cutter HSBC/Fleet Center/etc. type of arena. The upper deck is quite steep, so they put a rail between every row. Nice to lean on while watching the game. You can see a game for as little as $22 CDN, about $18 US.

PTR

You mean Le Centre Bell? Yes, I've been there many times. It's one of the larger arenas in the NHL (22,000 cap?) It's petty much your typical cookie-cutter HSBC/Fleet Center/etc. type of arena. The upper deck is quite steep, so they put a rail between every row. Nice to lean on while watching the game. You can see a game for as little as $22 CDN, about $18 US.

PTR

The Molson Centre! Very loud and the crowd is in to it every night. I wish we had that back in Buffalo!

The Molson Centre! Very loud and the crowd is in to it every night. I wish we had that back in Buffalo!

It think it's Bell Center now...was Molson Center when it first opened. Yes, Habs fans are pretty knowledgable and enthusiastic. As long as you are not acting like an a$$, they treat opposing fans okay.

PTR

I'm watching the game here in Boston on Center ice and

it disgusts me that there's (MUCH) more Canadians fans

at the game than Sabres fans. It sounds like a road game

for the Sabres. All I have to say about those Hab fans

with their French songs is F-em!!!

There are more Habs fans because the game is being played in MONTREAL! :lol:

The Canadiens are wearing their alternate jerseys. (white with blue stripe) That's why the Sabres are wearing black.

PTR

Guest Guest_mrjsbu96
It think it's Bell Center now...was Molson Center when it first opened. Yes, Habs fans are pretty knowledgable and enthusiastic. As long as you are not acting like an a$$, they treat opposing fans okay.

PTR

i was shooting for the sarastic angle my friend!

That call on Mair was WEAK! I'm all for what the league is trying to do, but calls that put teams down two players have been weak and that is right in line with them.

There are more Habs fans because the game is being played in MONTREAL! :lol:

The Canadiens are wearing their alternate jerseys. (white with blue stripe) That's why the Sabres are wearing black.

PTR

Other context clues include the 2 giant Cs at center ice, the Coupe Stanley banners hanging from the rafters, the Canadian advertisements around the boards, and the fact that Montreal is listed second on the score line.

And Drury ties it--to a bunch of boos. That's the most exciting clue of all.

i was shooting for the sarastic angle my friend!

That call on Mair was WEAK! I'm all for what the league is trying to do, but calls that put teams down two players have been weak and that is right in line with them.

damn that overrated Chris Drury.....

overtime!! after being down 0-2, its now tied at 2... stay tuned

YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could/would never happen, and I would not want it to happen, but 4-on-4 hockey is awesome.

Nice work tonight boys!

Props to Timmy Connolly's continued great play and also Marty Biron and Brian Campbell.

Kalinin continues to disappoint me.

...and I really like Gaustad. I think he, McKee and Mair are the only guys that still hit.

Too bad the Habs get a point out of this. Oh well.

well the nhl still has to show that its screwed up somehow...

regulation win--2 points

overtime win--2 points

regulation loss--0 points

overtime loss--0 points

shootout win--2 points

shootout loss--1 point

it makes sense.