#$%^ it, im buying a jersey and supporting this team

navybillsfan

$%^ it guys! Im buying a jersey and supporting my team.

This is the best chance we have at a championship and im not letting some jersey bull crap ruin my season of hockey

Ill see you all in Carolina on opening day in Sabre Alley once again! Supporting the new logo and yellin at some rednecks again!

GO SABRES!

$%^ it guys! Im buying a jersey and supporting my team.

This is the best chance we have at a championship and im not letting some jersey bull crap ruin my season of hockey

Ill see you all in Carolina on opening day in Sabre Alley once again! Supporting the new logo and yellin at some rednecks again!

GO SABRES!

Like I said before, there's nothing I love more than watching the Sabres play while wearing a jersey. It's like Mr. Rogers putting on his sweater and it's been that way since I was a kid. So it doesn't matter to me if the jersey is ugly, or that the Sabres need my 300 bucks, or that nobody else buys one. I'll buy it because that's how I watch hockey. And if my Sabres fan brethren are able to convince Quinn and company to adopt a Celcius design next season, well I'll buy those new jerseys too.

Right now, I can't wait to slip on that ugly white jersey, crack open a Molson, give the finger to the Caniacs as they raise their banner, and watch the Sabres kick Carolina's ass!

i really don't understand why it's seen as necessary to wear the current jersey of your favorite team. is a fan not a true fan if he still shows up to the arena in the black and red? or what about an old mike foligno home jersey with nacho cheese on the crest from the time when he dropped his nachos after john tucker lit up the bruins?

the bottom line in sports is just that, the bottom line. cha-ching! it's obvious why teams come out with new uniforms every so often so they can capitalize on this. what i don't get is why people in general (and i'm not saying this is the theme of the previous posters) is that you're not a "true" fan unless you're up to date with team apparel.

quite frankly i don't care what they wear. they could go out there and skate around like ned braden and as long as they give it 110% i'll be behind them til the day i die. do i like the new jerseys? no. it looks like a massive pile of nacho cheese $hit on the front of a pretty sweet jersey. will i ever buy one? nope. will i wear one if it is given to me for free? nope. but i will stand behind the team just the same.

now let's drop the fuggin puck already

Well have fun wearing your slugs. I guess it makes sense to be called the Buffalo Sabres and have a slug for a logo? I'll be sporting the red and black until I'm given a better option. You're sad if you buy that piece of garbage, I'm sorry but it is just sad.

you're an idiot. I love how some people love to speak for ALL the fans.

i love the optimism by some of you guys but i'm sorry i just really, really hate that jersey. i am trying so hard to be level-headed about it, and not let it bother me.....and then i clicked on the sabre store, which took me to nhl.com and there is a whole slew of this stuff in there and i just can't stand it. a buffalo without legs......my god what where they thinking...

that said, i can't wait for the opener

Well have fun wearing your slugs. I guess it makes sense to be called the Buffalo Sabres and have a slug for a logo? I'll be sporting the red and black until I'm given a better option. You're sad if you buy that piece of garbage, I'm sorry but it is just sad.

Don't forget, the logo on the black jersey has no Sabres either.

i really don't understand why it's seen as necessary to wear the current jersey of your favorite team. is a fan not a true fan if he still shows up to the arena in the black and red? or what about an old mike foligno home jersey with nacho cheese on the crest from the time when he dropped his nachos after john tucker lit up the bruins?

the bottom line in sports is just that, the bottom line. cha-ching! it's obvious why teams come out with new uniforms every so often so they can capitalize on this. what i don't get is why people in general (and i'm not saying this is the theme of the previous posters) is that you're not a "true" fan unless you're up to date with team apparel.

quite frankly i don't care what they wear. they could go out there and skate around like ned braden and as long as they give it 110% i'll be behind them til the day i die. do i like the new jerseys? no. it looks like a massive pile of nacho cheese $hit on the front of a pretty sweet jersey. will i ever buy one? nope. will i wear one if it is given to me for free? nope. but i will stand behind the team just the same.

now let's drop the fuggin puck already

Good post. I said in another thread - buy it if you like it, but if you don't, you shouldn't feel obligated to buy one out of some misguided attempt at loyalty or support or feeling like you are not a "true fan."

Like I said before, there's nothing I love more than watching the Sabres play while wearing a jersey. It's like Mr. Rogers putting on his sweater and it's been that way since I was a kid. So it doesn't matter to me if the jersey is ugly, or that the Sabres need my 300 bucks, or that nobody else buys one. I'll buy it because that's how I watch hockey. And if my Sabres fan brethren are able to convince Quinn and company to adopt a Celcius design next season, well I'll buy those new jerseys too.

I can't disagree with those sentiments - as an alumni of Florida State, I have certain rituals, traditions and superstitions I follow when I am watching my 'Noles play, and that includes what I am wearing, what stuff I have in and around the TV, etc. If that makes your experience complete, go for it, and Go Sabres!

Honestly I'd love to own a hockey jersey, as a college student 300 bucks is more than i spend a year on clothes in general, so it would be a little unreasonable for me to buy a jersey.

Start selling weed. I think it's still big with the kids. You'll have your jersey money in no time.

you're an idiot. I love how some people love to speak for ALL the fans.

When did I say I was the representative of all the fans? I don't see anything in that post that says that, and I was drunk when I posted it! I'm just sticking by what I've been saying, as only a few others have. Everyone else has been flip flopping like its goin out of style. First they hate the logo/jersey, now they love it.

I'm just saying its sad that many are eating up this watered down, poor excuse of a representation of this city. But whatever, do what you want, all I know is I'm not spending hundreds on that garbage.

i really don't understand why it's seen as necessary to wear the current jersey of your favorite team.

The same reason why we buy tickets to as many games as we can afford. The same reason why we order NHL season ticket so we can catch as many Sabres games as possible. The same reason why we log on this website to discuss our favorite team.

We all want to support this team, and whether you buy a new jersey, and old one, or show your support in other ways, I don't see the problem here.

im still undecided... but if i do somehow get swayed into this then it'll probably be a miller dark/home jersey... still though ive said all along im not happy with the logo... but the jersey i like... well see what the cash flow is like when the season is in full swing.

Archived