I Absolutely Love "These" Jerseys

PTS

i still plan on supporting this team like never before, but i am going to be absolutely embarrased to admit I'm a fan of an organization that gave in to the Reebok modernized marketing scheme when attending games out here vs Devis and Rangers.

To me, this is much more than a logo - it is a statement of an organization and a slap in the face to the sport. it is gimmicky. it could have been done(modernized) with the logo and colors like we have seen on this board but they chose option b.

From today's Buffalo News article:

Reebok's uniform designs were three years in the making. Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn estimated the switch will cost about $200,000 in design fees, new equipment and arena redecorating.

The Sabres tried to incorporate their original emblem, but they couldn't make it work.

"It was easier to start from scratch," said Frank Cravotta, Sabres director of creative services. "When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it."

Cravotta said the Sabres evaluated about 80 logo designs before settling on one. Then there were about 12 revisions before it was finalized.

I guess PTS must be a Photoshop magician to make that Celsius Design logo (which looks strikingly similar to the original emblem) "work" on the new uniforms.

And out of 80 logo designs and 12 revisions, this is what we get? I hope the bulk of that $200K wasn't in design fees, otherwise they should ask for a refund...I wonder how much it cost Slabyk to design those Celisus logos and host the website...

hey guys ... just to satisfy a curious itch i had today ... threw these together ... basically did it as a visual compromise, and to illustrate how many decisions were handled completely wrong in the process of this logo and uniform design. I'm curious for some feedback from you all.

BEFORE

AFTER

It is amazing that you have so much time to come up with designs and concepts that will never be used, yet when someone contacts you a half dozen times as a potential paying client you can't spare less than 30 seconds to even acknowledge their existance. <_>

humanot... looks good... even if you made it their present colors it would look good (better in my opinion, I don't like the Rams look) but I'd take either way over what we got... send the picture to LQ and the sabres if you can... just to show them how awesome they would look and how happy 90%+ of the fans would be...

It is amazing that you have so much time to come up with designs and concepts that will never be used, yet when someone contacts you a half dozen times as a potential paying client you can't spare less than 30 seconds to even acknowledge their existance. <_<

Did I miss something? :huh:

i still plan on supporting this team like never before, but i am going to be absolutely embarrased to admit I'm a fan of an organization that gave in to the Reebok modernized marketing scheme when attending games out here vs Devis and Rangers.

To me, this is much more than a logo - it is a statement of an organization and a slap in the face to the sport. it is gimmicky. it could have been done(modernized) with the logo and colors like we have seen on this board but they chose option b.

I think Devils fans are going to have bigger concerns than what our jerseys look like!

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if Slabyk could somehow find a way to manufacture his logo without being sued by the NHL & Sabres.

Once the Great Skate, Sorrentinos any anywhere else starts selling blanks for hockey leagues, etc., it would be so easy to have them sew on a Slabyk-designed logo.

You know what is scarier yet? LQ is the guy who's calling the shots on the waterfront redevelopment - God only knows what THAT will look like when Quinny's done with it.......

-Ed :blink:

I'll put it kindly...Quinny has done some serious schmoozing(replace with whatever term you see fit) to go from construction manager to managing partner of a professional hockey team and a key player on the waterfront development team. :angry: :angry:

If reading our complaints bothers you- here's a hint - don't click on the thread.

And face it - I'd rather be worried about what our guys are wearing than if we'll be able to keep the team together, etc., etc. Most of the offseason players topics have been beaten to death as well.

And face it - I'd rather be worried about what our guys are wearing than if we'll be able to keep the team together, etc., etc. Most of the offseason players topics have been beaten to death as well.

For sure - bellyaching about the new unis beats complaining about not making the playoffs, losing half the team to free agency, having crappy goaltending (jeez, we have TWO starters), etc.

However, I am very, very happy that the puck drops tonight! We get real hockey, not replays, what ifs and how abouts. "These guys are good - SCARY good!"

-Ed :D

Due to the new uniform, I think the team name should also be changed to the Buffalo Fairies. These are the stupidest fairy looking uniforms of any team in any league. Someone said we should buy them and support the team. I think we should BOYCOTT them until they change it to something the team and the fans would not be embarrassed to wear. But that's just my opinion. And it happens to be right.

Upon further reflection, I LOVE the new jerseys! So sleek, so sluggish, so 21st century. Kudos to Larry Q. for having the moral courage to stick with them!

The reason why I like them? Not because they look so great, but because the design plays mind games with opponents. It's a distracting logo that makes you think of a slug, yet the players wearing the sweaters are anything but slow. This obviously had to be an intentional Larry Quinn strategy. Brilliant!

<_<

Archived