I Absolutely Love "These" Jerseys

PTS

post-34-1158465016_thumbjpg post-34-1158430331_thumbjpg

I promised myself that these are the jerseys I will buy, even if I have to go to a sewer and make them myself.

These photos prove that Larry Quinn's notion that the old logo wouldn't fit the new design is pure BULL!

Is there anyone that can say they rather have the slug over this? The new uniform pattern with this logo would be god-sent.

I promised myself that these are the jerseys I will buy, even if I have to go to a sewer and make them myself.

These photos prove that Larry Quinn's notion that the old logo wouldn't fit the new design is pure BULL!

Is there anyone that can say they rather have the slug over this? The new uniform pattern with this logo would be god-sent.

Those look really good. Seriously folks, we have to show some resolve here and nobody buy this new jersey. We can still get the jersey we want, but as someone else said, we have to make it through this early period of "excitement" over the unis, then through Christmas and the playoffs...its a tough process but come on don't loose the fire. PTS, your idea is a good one except wont you have to buy one of the new jerseys to get it done?

Those look really good. Seriously folks, we have to show some resolve here and nobody buy this new jersey. We can still get the jersey we want, but as someone else said, we have to make it through this early period of "excitement" over the unis, then through Christmas and the playoffs...its a tough process but come on don't loose the fire. PTS, your idea is a good one except wont you have to buy one of the new jerseys to get it done?

What if we like them?

This is a classic example of what can happen to a business when the boss surrounds himself with "yes men". Larry obviously loved the slug, and when it was shown to the Sabres brass there was a whole lot of "Love it Larry!", "Brilliant!" , "Wow Larry, great job!" , "Couldn't have done it any better boss!"

i went to the arena this morning to watch the sabres unveil their new digs and i must say i was more taken aback by the fact that the entire lower bowl was full of adoring fans. i like the jerseys but i LOVE the team. stop bi*ching...no matter what we wear, we still are the buffalo sabres...I for one will support the administration that saved this team from bancruptcy and leaving our town. i will support the ownership that opened up their wallet and kept this team togther..go ahead, make your new jersey, have fun..but im gratefull to this team and WILL buy a brand new jersey SLUG and all.

Show some resolve? So I should go along with the crowd and say I dislike something when I really don't mind it?

Please learn to read posts before replying. As I said in my other post:

QUOTE(Goodfella25 @ Sep 16 2006, 02:27 PM)

Ahh come on, you're making me cry. I guess if u wanna wear slugs that's your deal, but for the rest of us who are still "b*tching" about it, show some resolve!

i went to the arena this morning to watch the sabres unveil their new digs and i must say i was more taken aback by the fact that the entire lower bowl was full of adoring fans. i like the jerseys but i LOVE the team. stop bi*ching...no matter what we wear, we still are the buffalo sabres...I for one will support the administration that saved this team from bancruptcy and leaving our town. i will support the ownership that opened up their wallet and kept this team togther..go ahead, make your new jersey, have fun..but im gratefull to this team and WILL buy a brand new jersey SLUG and all.

Careful, talk like that will get you punched <_< .

So the choice is between a legless or an overweight buffalo? What if I don't like either? Who or what should I boycott?

I think I'll just take the advice of so many here on the board and enjoy watching the team wearing the uniforms, because if the product on the ice is good, I don't really care about what they're wearing.

I have to reiterate that the Sabres are marketing dolts though. There's no reason that the new blue and gold merchandise shouldn't be available online right now. After two years, the new and vintage goodsshould be ready to go at the beginning of training camp. The impulse-buy dollars they're passing up makes you shake your head.

I almost hate to say it but the new jerseys don't look that bad. It has a west coast feel with the dark blue and the number in the front corner takes some attention away from the slug. I think everyone is going to grow to like these, and this is coming from a guy that absolutely hated the leaked photos. Overall I think it turned out ok.

The logo looks out of place on the jerseys above, it seems like it should be higher, especially on the white one. I'm cool with using the old style logo, but it need to be updated to work with the rest of the jersey. Sorry, just some constructive critism.

Will they be selling the alternate one that looks like the 70's version? We can buy these and support the team without having to deal with the slugs!!

And why do I feel like I'm looking at the Penguins when I see these jerseys? :huh:

No doubt that they'll be selling the vintage ones. It's hard to believe the Sabres and the NHL didn't have these ready to go, especially since you could buy the vintage ones from the Sabres store in the past.

And they do look like the Penguins jerseys, and the Predators jerseys too. But I guess that you could say that when the Sabres joined the league in 1970 that their home jersey looked like the Leafs and Canadiens home jerseys (and the Sabres original jerseys were based on the Leafs). The Sabres new look fits in with the current style, like their original look did 36 years ago.

No doubt that they'll be selling the vintage ones. It's hard to believe the Sabres and the NHL didn't have these ready to go, especially since you could buy the vintage ones from the Sabres store in the past.

And they do look like the Penguins jerseys, and the Predators jerseys too. But I guess that you could say that when the Sabres joined the league in 1970 that their home jersey looked like the Leafs and Canadiens home jerseys (and the Sabres original jerseys were based on the Leafs). The Sabres new look fits in with the current style, like their original look did 36 years ago.

Perhaps even Reebok couldn't believe the Sabres went with this abomination.

First Black and Red and now this. Unreal.

i went to the arena this morning to watch the sabres unveil their new digs and i must say i was more taken aback by the fact that the entire lower bowl was full of adoring fans.

<------------ 116 Row 7... Adoring the 3rd Jersey....Booing the Slug....

Don't speak on my behalf please

Thank you...

On another Note, it was nice to see Adam Mair Tattoo Derek Roy in the middle of the ice...

Is it possible that those of us who hate the slug may be in the minority with most Sabres fans?

Coverage from today's events seems very limited online as far as how the general fan base feels. I'd be interested to read from those who were there today -

Were there any "Stop the Slug!" signs or chants? I'm sure the place was full of adoring Sabres fans who were there to see the players but were they adoring Slug fans as well? What is the feeling from those who were there at the unveiling?

Is it possible that those of us who hate the slug may be in the minority with most Sabres fans?

Coverage from today's events seems very limited online as far as how the general fan base feels. I'd be interested to read from those who were there today -

Were there any "Stop the Slug!" signs or chants? I'm sure the place was full of adoring Sabres fans who were there to see the players but were they adoring Slug fans as well? What is the feeling from those who were there at the unveiling?

As somebody who tried to call into WGR this afternoon to vocie my opion when they were live at the arena, I can tell you they were screening the calls hardcore. I imagine there were plenty of other folks, like myslef, who called in and didn't get on the air because of our opinion.

post-34-1158430331_thumbjpg

SWEET, but sad too. Cause now were stuck with the Larry Q's tupe'! HA!

The most entertaining thing was watching the players reactions on the TV news when asked how they liked the new uinforms. They chose their words VERY carefully and said they thought they were good, but I think if you looked closely at their faces, it became apparent that their feelings closely parallel the opinions stated here. Some did really like them but the majority...not so much.

I thought that A) Seeing the vintage uniforms next to these new ones definitely showed how out of date the styling of the vintage ones is. (As has been said many times, many ways no one really wanted the old ones back) B) The new ones are modern, vibrant and flashy - and look like they belong on an NCAA Division 1AA football team. They definitely have a collegiate feel about them, probably because that is the target age group for jersey sales. C) The new jerseys with the updated vintage logo as shown in navybillsfan's pictures look pretty good. With the new Golden Sluggalo, they look.....say, instead of just posting to this board, how about a nice letter-writing campaign? You'd be surprised how much impact that could have. It saved Star Trek from being cancelled (weel, for one season, anyway). Mention the part about not buying Golden Sluggalo merchandise. Send a copy to Reebok. Tell them to stick to sneakers.

-Ed <_<

The most entertaining thing was watching the players reactions on the TV news when asked how they liked the new uinforms. They chose their words VERY carefully and said they thought they were good, but I think if you looked closely at their faces, it became apparent that their feelings closely parallel the opinions stated here. Some did really like them but the majority...not so much.

I thought that A) Seeing the vintage uniforms next to these new ones definitely showed how out of date the styling of the vintage ones is. (As has been said many times, many ways no one really wanted the old ones back) B) The new ones are modern, vibrant and flashy - and look like they belong on an NCAA Division 1AA football team. They definitely have a collegiate feel about them, probably because that is the target age group for jersey sales. C) The new jerseys with the updated vintage logo as shown in navybillsfan's pictures look pretty good. With the new Golden Sluggalo, they look.....say, instead of just posting to this board, how about a nice letter-writing campaign? You'd be surprised how much impact that could have. It saved Star Trek from being cancelled (weel, for one season, anyway). Mention the part about not buying Golden Sluggalo merchandise. Send a copy to Reebok. Tell them to stick to sneakers.

Sorry! PTS was the original poster.....

Most of the people I spoke to said that they loved the colors cut hated the logo. I even ran in to a number of my students last night (I teach high school) who also said that the logo was "gay"

While I am unsure of the sexual proclivities of the logo, my informal sample points towards a general dislike for the logo, even among their supposed target audience

Archived