New Jersey Thread

Chilly

Got this in an email. Looks like the Sabres are trying to have everything out by the 8th.

SABRES STORE LIQUIDATION SALE --

In preparation for the upcoming 2006-07 season and jersey change, The Sabres Store is slashing prices on all Red & Black apparel for Sabres Insiders. Download the online coupon and bring it to The Sabres Store by September 8 to save up to 40% on regularly priced merchandise.

Got this in an email. Looks like the Sabres are trying to have everything out by the 8th.

SABRES STORE LIQUIDATION SALE --

In preparation for the upcoming 2006-07 season and jersey change, The Sabres Store is slashing prices on all Red & Black apparel for Sabres Insiders. Download the online coupon and bring it to The Sabres Store by September 8 to save up to 40% on regularly priced merchandise.

shucks...I thought this thread had something to do with with the great STATE of New Jersey....

:rolleyes:

If I actually had this coupon, how much do you think I could get a Mike Grier jersey for? As a BU fan, I feel like I need to have that jersey.

Probably pretty cheap. Old jerseys of players are usually slashed to like half price or more, around $40 I think.

Link to the coupon: http://www.sabres.com/images/email/store_liquid.jpg

Seems as though only 20% for jerseys, so around 32 bucks or so.

Probably pretty cheap. Old jerseys of players are usually slashed to like half price or more, around $40 I think.

Link to the coupon: http://www.sabres.com/images/email/store_liquid.jpg

Seems as though only 20% for jerseys, so around 32 bucks or so.

Thanks for the link. I'm flying in later tonight so I'll have to check that out sometime in the next week.

never bought any Sabres merchandise after they changed their colors, and I doubt I will support the team with any pariphinalia purchases if they keep the slug.

This franchise makes me laugh with their constant debacles

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with that. Nice job taking the thread where no one wants it to go.

How were the jerseys looking?

They were looking like Maple Leaves and Kansas City Scouts sweaters from what I saw. I didn't see any Sabre jerseys--I wasn't looking for them either--but the rack near the hats was all out of town and/or defunct teams.

It was kind of funny when a father showed a Scouts sweater to his son, who promptly asked how many times KC won the Cup. (Correct answer: zero of course; extra credit: three for the franchise, all in New Jersey.)

While I'm on the Scouts: What former KC first-round draft pick went on to play for the Sabres? (Yes, we all can use Google--let's try it without resort to the "internets.")

They were looking like Maple Leaves and Kansas City Scouts sweaters from what I saw. I didn't see any Sabre jerseys--I wasn't looking for them either--but the rack near the hats was all out of town and/or defunct teams.

It was kind of funny when a father showed a Scouts sweater to his son, who promptly asked how many times KC won the Cup. (Correct answer: zero of course; extra credit: three for the franchise, all in New Jersey.)

While I'm on the Scouts: What former KC first-round draft pick went on to play for the Sabres? (Yes, we all can use Google--let's try it without resort to the "internets.")

You might need to give people a hint on this one. He wore #27 for the Sabres.

For how long? I remember that the Sabres got John Van Boxmeer from the Rockies, not sure if he was a #1 pick of the Scouts or if he originally wore #27 for the Sabres.

For how long? I remember that the Sabres got John Van Boxmeer from the Rockies, not sure if he was a #1 pick of the Scouts or if he originally wore #27 for the Sabres.

No, it wasn't Boxy. He was drafted by Montreal but after suffering a 1 punch knockout from Dave Schultz ended up getting traded to Colorado.

I'll give another hint: he was the last player not named Gretzky ever to wear #99 in the NHL (although he didn't wear that number in Buffalo).

Wilf Paiement? Man, I don't remember him playing for the Sabres.

He was only here for one season, and it was a season to forget ('86-'87: 64 points, last place in the league), so don't worry about not remembering.

Think of Wilf as one of the guys who brought Pierre Turgeon, I mean Pat LaFontaine, to Buffalo.

Archived