Panthers Show Interest in Biron

IKnowPhysics

With the trade away of #1 goalie Luongo, the Florida Panthers are going to rely on Alexander Auld.

Yeah, right.

They're VERY interested in acquiring Martin Biron.

What trade with Florida would you set up to give them Biron?

Panthers roster: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statistics/?hubname=nhl-panthers

My ideas:

Biron + 3rd round pick for Jay Bouwmeester

(Bouwmeester will be a star D-man soon, would break Panthers hearts to part with)

Biron for Mike Van Ryn + 5th round pick

(Van Ryn's a more talented Jay McKee at the perfect injury-free age of 27)

We've been over this, it will take a LOT more than that to even sniff Bouwmeester ...

Says you. The Panthers know that with the astronomical number of shots they let through every game, that they'll need a 40-save per game tender. Biron and a high draft pick could make things interesting.

If they get another defenseman like Van Ryn, who becomes the 7th defenseman sitting out?

The worst one or the one that's injured, Duh. I have no qualms with benching someone when they play poorly. Do you? Van Ryn's a top 4.

More likely, IF the trade Biron, it will be along with a forward for a cheaper, younger forward with upside.

The hell we will. We're overloaded with workable talent with upside upfront. Our left side could use some work, but we wouldn't touch relics Gelinas or Roberts. Besides, oh Jesus, who would we bench?? :rolleyes:

I ask for answers, you yield nothing but questions.

Says you. The Panthers know that with the astronomical number of shots they let through every game, that they'll need a 40-save per game tender. Biron and a high draft pick could make things interesting.

The worst one or the one that's injured, Duh. I have no qualms with benching someone when they play poorly. Do you? Van Ryn's a top 4.

The hell we will. We're overloaded with workable talent with upside upfront. Our left side could use some work, but we wouldn't touch relics Gelinas or Roberts. Besides, oh Jesus, who would we bench?? :rolleyes:

I ask for answers, you yield nothing but questions.

1. You call a THIRD ROUND pick a high pick?!? Not to mention there is NOTHING more valuabe than a solid, young, cheap two -way defenseman like Bouwmeester. if they want to deal him and put him up for bid, teams will be lining up with MUCH better offers than Biron a d 3rd round pick.

2. Fine,Van Ryn is a top 4 in your eyes. It still leaves someone in the current top 6 in the press box. In a perfect world the Sabres could afford such a luxury. In reality, that 7th defenseman will likely me a rookie like Paetsch making the minumum. I'm not saying having Van Ryn woudl be bad, just that it is unrealistic.

3. Yeah we are overloaded with talent, that's why we would deal one of the older more expensive guys (Afinogenov, or Dumont maybe) for a younger guy, maybe even one who could play a season in Rochester. Take Max or JP out you don't need to bench anyone.

With the trade away of #1 goalie Luongo, the Florida Panthers are going to rely on Alexander Auld.

Yeah, right.

My ideas:

(Bouwmeester will be a star D-man soon, would break Panthers hearts to part with)

A second round pick would be nice, but probably won't happen. Dumping the $2 million in slaary would be great. I guess we could get a 4th round pick

Yeah, right.

My ideas:

I'm going to put this baby to rest. There is no f***ing way that we are getting Bouwmeester for Biron + a draft pick. In fact we are not getting Bouwmeester if you give up all the Sabres picks for the next 3 years!

TSN is reporting that Belfour is working out for the Panthers today. That could kill all of these Biron to Florida rumors that keep popping up around here.

So, then it opens up the Biron to Detroit saga again... He definitely fits the price range for Detroit, since they only have about $6 M in cap room and are still looking to add more fire power. Ken Holland has stated that he prefers to add a FA goalie, so they don't lose anyone, but Biron may be a good pickup.

So, then it opens up the Biron to Detroit saga again... He definitely fits the price range for Detroit, since they only have about $6 M in cap room and are still looking to add more fire power. Ken Holland has stated that he prefers to add a FA goalie, so they don't lose anyone, but Biron may be a good pickup.

Of course, with the absurdity (that's a word, right?) of the rumors created around here, we'll probably be hearing Zetterberg for Biron shortly.

I'm going to put this baby to rest. There is no f***ing way that we are getting Bouwmeester for Biron + a draft pick. In fact we are not getting Bouwmeester if you give up all the Sabres picks for the next 3 years!

Way to put that baby to rest, with supporting evidence and all. How about Biron AND the Sabres draft picks for the next three years? Is there a f***ing way that we are acquiring Bouwmeester then?

Way to put that baby to rest, with supporting evidence and all. How about Biron AND the Sabres draft picks for the next three years? Is there a f***ing way that we are acquiring Bouwmeester then?

How exactly can someone prove that a trade would never happen? If you're looking for explanations of why Bouwmeester is worth more than that, you might try looking in one of the other 3 Biron trade rumor threads. I know it was discussed somewhere.

How exactly can someone prove that a trade would never happen? If you're looking for explanations of why Bouwmeester is worth more than that, you might try looking in one of the other 3 Biron trade rumor threads. I know it was discussed somewhere.

There's little chance of that happening now, Belfour is going to the Florida Panthers.

There's little chance of that happening now, Belfour is going to the Florida Panthers.

Like he was about to sign with Detroit after he passed his physical?

Who thought a deal involving Wayne Primeau could land San Jose Thorton? Who even thought Thorton was available for trade?

Yet Biron + a forward + a draft pick is a definite no for Bouwmeester (who Keenan has been rumored to be shopping around) :rolleyes:

Like he was about to sign with Detroit after he passed his physical?

Who thought a deal involving Wayne Primeau could land San Jose Thorton? Who even thought Thorton was available for trade?

Yet Biron + a forward + a draft pick is a definite no for Bouwmeester (who Keenan has been rumored to be shopping around) :rolleyes:

No no no ... throw a forward into the mix and maybe they would listen .... this all started with Physics saying Biron and a 3rd round pick for Bouwmeester, which is insanity. If keenan is truly shopping him, i guarantee he is getting better offers than that. Throw Max into the mix ... never know. But if I had Bouwmeester I would not make that deal.

Not to mention the fact that you make it sound like Primeau was the centerpiece of that deal for Thornton ... not close to true ... and the Bruins are not exactly poster boys for smart management.

Not to mention the fact that you make it sound like Primeau was the centerpiece of that deal for Thornton ... not close to true ... and the Bruins are not exactly poster boys for smart management.

Of course Primeau was the centre point of that deal, we are talking about Wayne Primeau here, j/k

I realise the original poster only mentioned Biron and a draft pick, but you never know what Florida is thinking, and how much Keenan really wants Bouwmeester back.

Like I said, who thought Thoroton would get dealt at all, let alone in the deal San Jose had with Boston.

Of course Primeau was the centre point of that deal, we are talking about Wayne Primeau here, j/k

I realise the original poster only mentioned Biron and a draft pick, but you never know what Florida is thinking, and how much Keenan really wants Bouwmeester back.

Like I said, who thought Thoroton would get dealt at all, let alone in the deal San Jose had with Boston.

Even if Keenan hates Bouwmeester and is willing to give him away, why take on salary in the process? Why not just take draft picks? If he is going to take on salary he can go get Nabakov or Giguere and they would probably come cheaper because those teams are desperate to dump bigger salaries.

Even if Keenan hates Bouwmeester and is willing to give him away, why take on salary in the process? Why not just take draft picks? If he is going to take on salary he can go get Nabakov or Giguere and they would probably come cheaper because those teams are desperate to dump bigger salaries.

Well, Biron would be the cheaper alternative for a starting goalie over Nabokov and Giguere and they really haven't shown much more to be worth so much more then Biron after last season.

Also Keenan needs a goalie to either backup/play with Auld or win the Starting job so why not make a deal with a team to get a goalie in return too.

I believe this is a pipe dream type deal too, but I won't say it could never happen or happen the way we are saying it will too. But isn't Regier supposed to be really good at pulling off these kind of deals too? thats what everyone keeps saying about him

I believe this is a pipe dream type deal too, but I won't say it could never happen or happen the way we are saying it will too. But isn't Regier supposed to be really good at pulling off these kind of deals too? thats what everyone keeps saying about him

yeah and the other GMs know it too and might not want to deal with him. And we also have to consider that we are in Florida's coneference and maybe they would rather ship Bouwmeester out West rather than help Buffalo ... and let's face it, that is a HUGE help for Buffalo ... salary relief and a top 4 defenseman without touching your lineup? That's a gift. Saying 'this is the kind of deal Regier is supposed to be reallt good at" is unfair, no GM can be EXPECTED to pull that off.

Evidence?? :blink: :blink: Just take a look at it on paper...

A potential all-star defenseman for the next 10 years who is in his mid-20's for a goalie who is in his late 20's plus a draft pick. If you were the GM of Florida, would you make that deal?

Assuming that Bouwmeester is on the market, START with Biron, add a Kotalik or Dumont, and also a HIGH draft pick. He is that good.

How exactly can someone prove that a trade would never happen?

Precisely. There's no fact on this message board, only opinion.

My opinion says Biron and a #3 draft pick would deomonstrate the Sabres interest in Bouwmeester and spark negotiations.

Some other guy's opinion says that a first round draft pick for 2007, a second round draft pick for 2007, a third round draft pick for 2007, a fourth round draft pick for 2007, a fifth round draft pick for 2007, a sixth round draft pick for 2007, a seventh round draft pick for 2007, a first round draft pick for 2008, a second round draft pick for 2008, a third round draft pick for 2008, a fourth round draft pick for 2008, a fifth round draft pick for 2008, a sixth round draft pick for 2008, a seventh round draft pick for 2008, a first round draft pick for 2009, a second round draft pick for 2009, a third round draft pick for 2009, a fourth round draft pick for 2009, a fifth round draft pick for 2009, a sixth round draft pick for 2009, and a seventh round draft pick for 2009 in exchange for Jay Bouwmeester would not garner any interest.

Archived