Another Cool Sabres Jersey....

elcrusho

I don't fault McKee at all... you would take it too. He needs to get his money while he can. I still love him and thank him for his time in Buffalo. He'll be back, maybe in a uniform maybe in some other aspect, but in a few (5+) years he'll be around the team... I'd bet on it.

hahaha

number 56 for his height also

Say what you want, Theo has more heart than you or anyone else on this board could ever wish to have. I'm not saying he's a good guy, but damn to be that small and survive as long as he did makes him a winner in my book no matter what he gets into off the ice.

Say what you want, Theo has more heart than you or anyone else on this board could ever wish to have. I'm not saying he's a good guy, but damn to be that small and survive as long as he did makes him a winner in my book no matter what he gets into off the ice.

theo also had some serious personal problems, which lead to the drinking. If memory serves me correctly, he was either physically or sexually abused by his parents and/or youth coach as a child. That's a big leap for someone to make the NHL after that.

Theo Fleury, from right out here in Manitoba, near the Saskatchewan border, is still a poster child for success as far as I'm concerned.

He's the reason we lost in the Olympics this year. They had a team of Joe Thorntons and Joe Sakics this year. Great players, but not the kind of guys who recognize when something other than skill needs to be displayed.

Theo Fleury was the kind of guy who could grab a game by the throat and demand victory. Team Canada had no-one even close to that this year.

By the way, love the shirt.

i don't care how small or big the balls, the second i heard that he shot a puck at an official i lost any remaining respect for the guy. say what you want about officials, they are just trying to do their job and none of them ever deserve to be put in that sort of situation.

i don't care how small or big the balls, the second i heard that he shot a puck at an official i lost any remaining respect for the guy. say what you want about officials, they are just trying to do their job and none of them ever deserve to be put in that sort of situation.

i heard (don't know how reliable it is) from a guy who's brother was at the game, that it wasn't all it was made out to be. take it for what it's worth.

theo has always been and always will be my favorite hockey player. being the smallest kid on my team drew me to him. hell i lived in new york, but fleury was THE MAN in my book. he played with more heart than anyone i've ever seen in any sport, and stood up to everyone and anyone, regardless of their/his size. he has a totally whacked past (serious drug/alcohol abuse problems and racial problems in the family) but he was hands down the nicest pro athlete i've ever met. he took the time to stand out side the arena and talk to me for a good 10 minutes, holding up the bus which was trying to head to the airport. he could've just signed an autograph and ran, but instead he stood there and talked to me about hockey. that's something that taught me a lot. i don't care how many birds he's flipped, how many crack pipes he's smoked, or how many times he's gone to rehab. he always has been and always will be a hero.

The Hockey News also reported that he never shot the puck AT the ref....apparently he fired the puck at the glass in disgust and it gone blown up into he fired the puck at the ref.

Glad to see this has turned into a Theo Fleury thread! :lol:

Archived