WGR just reported Sabres signing

DonInBuffalo

Well this is nice to see, Buffalo made a move

We resigned a guy coming off heart surgery.

Don't get me wrong, teppo is great and I'm glad to see him back, be he is playing as one of our top 5 defencemen right now and I am seriously wondering if he can do another full season with his condition.

Don't get me wrong, teppo is great and I'm glad to see him back, be he is playing as one of our top 5 defencemen right now and I am seriously wondering if he can do another full season with his condition.

I am confident another dman(top 4) will be signed or traded for. Paetsch, Jillson & Fitzpatrick(if he is re-signed) are not going to be your 6th, 7th & 8th dmen.

I am confident another dman(top 4) will be signed or traded for. Paetsch, Jillson & Fitzpatrick(if he is re-signed) are not going to be your 6th, 7th & 8th dmen.

TSN reports that the Stars might have Klemm or Niinimaa on the block (after re-acquiring Sydor) for more scoring, maybe we could get one of them for Kotalik. I'm not actively saying we should trade Kotalik but with the wealth of forwards and lack of defense we might have to give away something to get something. Granted I'd rather we deal Marty but his list of suitors looks less and less as each day goes by.

TSN reports that the Stars might have Klemm or Niinimaa on the block (after re-acquiring Sydor) for more scoring, maybe we could get one of them for Kotalik. I'm not actively saying we should trade Kotalik but with the wealth of forwards and lack of defense we might have to give away something to get something. Granted I'd rather we deal Marty but his list of suitors looks less and less as each day goes by.

My money's on Detroit for Biron. I'm not familiar enough with their system to know what we could get in return. All I know is that we should be able to get something solid in return. Just look what Tampa Bay gave up for Denis.

My money's on Detroit for Biron. I'm not familiar enough with their system to know what we could get in return. All I know is that we should be able to get something solid in return. Just look what Tampa Bay gave up for Denis.

I know I started a thread about what Tampa got for Denis. In terms of suitors for Marty, Detroit should be up there along with the Kings. I'd love to see us get Andreas Lilja from the Wings but doubtful they'd give up a top 3 Dman. The Kings don't have much to offer unless looking for a prospect.

I've said this before, but what the heck: I have a hard time believing a real contender is going to give the keys to Marty. He's had multiple opportunities to establish himself as a true NHL starter and has dropped the ball each time.

He had a really good season this year as the backup when the pressure was off. I like him and would love to have him back as the backup at $750K, because I think he's a great backup. I just don't think he's mentally tough enough to take the pressure of being a #1 -- and certainly not in a place like Detroit.

I also think other GMs are thinking this way -- otherwise we would've gotten something good for him already. If Darcy can get a top 4 defenseman for Marty -- it's a great trade.

Another part of the report was that the Sabres were ready to match (term and amount) the San Jose offer to Grier but Mike wanted to play closer to home.

Watched News tonight.

Regier said that Buffalo offered to match salary and term (years).

Greir said thanks Darcy and Buffalo, I just think San Jose offers me a little more certainty.

(certainty? what an ambigious thing to say)

Well the Doctors cleared him to play. If you're a Dr. and are familiar with his medical history, then we're all happy to listen to your opinion.

Yes, from now on, unless you are a medical doctor, there will be no further comment on injuries to players. Thankfully, I play a doctor on TV, so I am cleared. I would also worry about Teppo's groin and knee. The guy limped down the stretch last season.

Well the Doctors cleared him to play. If you're a Dr. and are familiar with his medical history, then we're all happy to listen to your opinion.

Thats great, the doctors cleared him to play, but that doesn't mean he is going to be able to play a 82 game season+

Thats my concern. His condition may not let him continue to play a full season as even last season he had trouble finishing a full season without complecations. He is not a young kid anymore on the ice, and although I am glad to see him back cause he is a greaqt veteran leader, I just don't know how you can count on him as one of your top defencemen

Yes, from now on, unless you are a medical doctor, there will be no further comment on injuries to players. Thankfully, I play a doctor on TV, so I am cleared. I would also worry about Teppo's groin and knee. The guy limped down the stretch last season.

Well that's good, because I don't know where I would be without your second opinion of every Doctor's diagnosis of a Sabres player.

Archived