If you are unhappy with the new logo, drop the Sabres a message...

LabattBlue

Save your time. It's already in production. It's a done deal. Like I wrote before the playoffs to my fellow fans: we are the team, we are the cockroaches who survive, but the fans are always the ones getting stepped on. The Sabres could have done things a little differently this time and actually let the fans vote on the winning design, or at least have a part in the process.

The only thing disgruntled fans can do now is not buy the crap and start a campaign to get rid of the logo. It worked on Long Island a few years ago.

I know its been mentioned before:

That new logo that has been going around is terrible, but I don't believe it to be the real logo

here is why. The new concept was a direct photoshop of the old 2003 concepts. Look at the jerseys....the first ones were much more clear and sharper image. the new one is a photoshopped version of that jersey. Look at the ripples in the jersey. same exact location, but the colors look like they were just filled in a horribly at that.

old concept...notice the better quality but it has the same ripples in the jersey. I call photoshop.

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/jersey...sey_04_home.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e243/Cod...esjersey9rj.jpg

That new logo that has been going around is terrible, but I don't believe it to be the real logo

here is why. The new concept was a direct photoshop of the old 2003 concepts. Look at the jerseys....the first ones were much more clear and sharper image. the new one is a photoshopped version of that jersey. Look at the ripples in the jersey. same exact location, but the colors look like they were just filled in a horribly at that.

old concept...notice the better quality but it has the same ripples in the jersey. I call photoshop.

jersey_04_home.jpg

sabresjersey9rj.jpg

The logo was leaked as a logo not on a jersey, it's obvious someone put it on a jersey to show the look. I never believed the entire jersey was an exact picture but an example. The news is reporting it is legit, New Era confirmed and Quinn is once again waffling.. it is not our jersey. I didn't see the logo picture so I can't comment. Which is it Larry? I think he is PO'd because they wanted to make a splash in Sept and the leak spoiled it.

jersey_04_home.jpg

sabresjersey9rj.jpg

the LOGO is legit. Someone took the LOGO and pasted it on the celsius jersey to get a better idea what a potential jersey would look like. No one is claiming the UNIFORM has been released.

Save your time. It's already in production. It's a done deal. ...

The only thing disgruntled fans can do now is not buy the crap and start a campaign to get rid of the logo. It worked on Long Island a few years ago.

What's the problem heading this off at the pass? If we acknowledge that it is the next design, we can start campaigning immediately. New Era couldn't have been manufacturing the new logo merchandise for more than a couple of weeks. If we're effective and efficient enough, we can have it reconsidered before September.

At the very least, we can get them to wear their planned-3rd old school jersies as home or away regulars, and make the quadrapolegic buffalo an alternate, in a jersey switch similar to the Ottawa Senators and the Dallas Stars (their 3rds were so popular that they became the regulars).

If you wanna send a message to the sabres you can do a few things, 1. not buy anything with the new logo on it (if this is the real deal I hope not) 2. Write your emails, letters, or make your phone calls 3. If you have season tickets tell them you no longer want to go to a game a watch a team wearing something that make this organization a joke. Im sure you will have to eat some money but from what it sounds like the team is only in the black when people buy season tickets. This will hurt them where it counts two fold because people won't show up to games and no one will buy the new junk. The down side is that the team doesn't make money and we are back where we started, a team that can't spend a dime. Just my views/thoughts.

Hitting them in the pocketbook would work, but it ain't gonna happen. People will but these simply because they are new and different. The new logo could have been a steaming pile of buffalo dung with a sabre stuck in it and it would sell. Our best hope is that if the third jersey is indeed a nod to the old school design that it becomes so much more popular than the skunk logo that management eventually sees the error in their ways and adopts it as the regular jersey in the future.

Hitting them in the pocketbook would work, but it ain't gonna happen. People will but these simply because they are new and different. The new logo could have been a steaming pile of buffalo dung with a sabre stuck in it and it would sell. Our best hope is that if the third jersey is indeed a nod to the old school design that it becomes so much more popular than the skunk logo that management eventually sees the error in their ways and adopts it as the regular jersey in the future.

I've never bought a jersey in my life, but I would not spend a nickel on any Sabres merchandise with this ridiculous logo on it. Not even a stupid $3 keychain.

My plead is to at least make the phone calls/e-mails/letters civil and thoughtful. Telling management to f*ck off or simply assuming that the mullet buffalo is the final design is definitely the wrong tactic. I'm not saying its useless to voice your opinion, i'm just reminding people to make your opinion worth something.

My plead is to at least make the phone calls/e-mails/letters civil and thoughtful. Telling management to f*ck off or simply assuming that the mullet buffalo is the final design is definitely the wrong tactic. I'm not saying its useless to voice your opinion, i'm just reminding people to make your opinion worth something.

For the record, my Larry Quinn cheer at the top of this thread was not sent to the Sabres. :P

I still don't know why we have a buffalo/dolphin crossbreed as a logo. Awful, just awful.

The steaming dung idea doesn't seem so bad anymore.....

My biggest complaint other than the fact that the new logo makes me want to throw up repeatedly is that once again a fricken Buffalo is the main part of the logo...I don't mind having part of it be a buffalo but I want some swords on there! We are not the Buffalo Buffalos, or Buffalo Yellow Skunk Mullets, etc...

Anyway, I still think it's worth a try to petition and complain because thats better than doing nothing at all

i think the new logo is just horrid... but i guess it is what it is.... its going to be hard to change managments mind on this one... id just like to smack the guy who came up with this design... i hope they at least keep the number and player name font from the red and black era... i liked that... but this logo is just plain wrong.... its gonna be a tough go for marketing to push this.... oh well... lets see what front office marketing is made of...

i think the new logo is just horrid... but i guess it is what it is.... its going to be hard to change managments mind on this one... id just like to smack the guy who came up with this design... i hope they at least keep the number and player name font from the red and black era... i liked that... but this logo is just plain wrong.... its gonna be a tough go for marketing to push this.... oh well... lets see what front office marketing is made of...

Don't blame the guy who designed it(he probably isn't even a hockey fan or is aware of the old logo), blame the knucklehead within the Sabres oganization who approved it. <_<

Archived