canes victory parade

Corp000085

well, my dream has come true... i'm watching a victory parade on local tv...

wait, check that...

i'm officially not bitter anymore... enjoy it canes and fans. this just makes me hungrier for the day when the parade is for my team.

A parade watched by cardboard cutouts to watch the paper champions?

The Canes victory just proves that the Sabres are the best team in hockey. I am sure that will upset all seven Canes fans but it's the truth.

It was funny to hear the NBC guys talking about how the Cane fans were standing most of the game and it was a sellout. What they didn't tell you was most of the "fans" were the final contestants to the "Simon Sez" world championships held in the Arena Sunday night. The Canes front office figured that since the seats were going to be empty Monday night anyway they just let them keep playing.

I can't wait for the draft. ;)

Actually, the guys had some very nice things to say about the sabres and buffalo. It was mentioned many times by the coaches and some players that the sabres series "tested them mightily" (that's code for they almost beat us and boy were we lucky to get out of that one). The tv guys gave a great story on kevyn adams and his family choosing to live either in raleigh or buffalo. Choosing raleigh would have been good for the dad's career, buffalo for the kid's hockey program. They obviously chose clarence. (by the way i don't know if this story is true) Buffalo got some major props, which was good.

It was funny to hear the NBC guys talking about how the Cane fans were standing most of the game and it was a sellout. What they didn't tell you was most of the "fans" were the final contestants to the "Simon Sez" world championships held in the Arena Sunday night. The Canes front office figured that since the seats were going to be empty Monday night anyway they just let them keep playing.

Yeah, NBC (via direct orders from Darth Bettman and the NHL) kept going on and on about the "full house" in SBC, and the great "Caniac" fans in Raleigh that "hadn't sat all game" screaming the whole time for their Canes. Talk about your over-compensating. We get it, guys. A slim minority of Carolinianites love themselves some Canes hockey, but bringing it up over and over in an effort to convince us that Raleigh really is a "hockey" town looks transparent. Maybe they were trying to convince themselves, first.

Corp, I'm just giving you grief because Paul Hamilton reported that Kalinin didn't make the trip when you said you saw him (Kalinin, not Paul). The scary thing is, I'm not sure who to believe, you or Ding . :)

no really, that was kalinin. I didn't recognize him right away cause of his beard, but it was him. i should have taken a picture.

An AP story on the rally said about 30,000 folks showed up. Not great, but not too bad, either.

About the same number we had at our ralley in '99... you know the one... John Boy says 'we'll give you the tools to finish the job.' Either way you may think it's not bad... I think it's sad. The city of Buffalo would shut down

I read they had a whole 30,000 fans at their victory parade.

And I'm sure at least half of them knows what an offsides is.

Seriously, for the cup to go to a city that isn't truly thrilled

with it is a crime.

But that's what Bettman wanted, hockey to spread to places

it doesn't belong in. What a man of vision. :angry: :angry:

I read they had a whole 30,000 fans at their victory parade.

And I'm sure at least half of them knows what an offsides is.

Seriously, for the cup to go to a city that isn't truly thrilled

with it is a crime.

But that's what Bettman wanted, hockey to spread to places

it doesn't belong in. What a man of vision. :angry: :angry:

The Sabres had 20,000 show up in '99 for a parade celebrating a team that DIDN'T win. The time to compare the two cities as hockey towns is a long way off.

The Sabres had 20,000 show up in '99 for a parade celebrating a team that DIDN'T win. The time to compare the two cities as hockey towns is a long way off.

Ah yes. But it has been said many times on this board that you can't compare fan bases... ;)

Archived