Roloson hurt...

mrjsbu96

you have to be kidding me? it is tough enough for a back-up to come in to a game, but with 5 minutes left and when you are not even good enough to have played in a meaningful game in probably two months?

this could break the series if rolly is seriously hurt....i really can't believe "someone" upstairs wants this CAR organization to win...

You make your own luck. It's an old cliche in hockey -- good things happen when you go to the net!

Good things like knocking the goalie out of the series? Think Edmonton will try to make good things happen too? Laraque can also drive the net and be 'checked' into the goalie.

Carolina Huricanes Stanley Cup champions??????????

I think I just threw up in my mouth

Now we are going to see the "Caniacs" coming out of the woodworks talking about how they always believed in their team and how after they win the superbowl, everyone will know they are a baseball town!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edmonton still can win this series. If they can just steal a win in game 2 then I like my chances in Edmonton. I know the goalie position is the one position that has to be sound. Edmonton can win a lot of 6-5 games. Remember Buffalo won game one and lost in 7. Edmonton in 5...LOL

Good things like knocking the goalie out of the series? Think Edmonton will try to make good things happen too? Laraque can also drive the net and be 'checked' into the goalie.

Yep, that's one of the good things. Boo-hoo, cry me a river. Man, I can't believe the childish comments on this board since the Sabres got knocked out. Makes me want to into cybernation until October.

Yep, that's one of the good things. Boo-hoo, cry me a river. Man, I can't believe the childish comments on this board since the Sabres got knocked out. Makes me want to into cybernation until October.

Hey nobody told you to play Canes apologist! :P

Actually, I'm neutral in this series, and actually believe the Canes will win. But I found it kind of odd that a fair-play guy like you would call any injury to any player, a "good thing."

Goalies getting run can be one of the uglier things in hockey. One of the stories of this series will be how Edmonton reacts to Roli's injury. Like I said before, it's pretty easy for an Edmonton player to get "checked" into Ward.

Aren't you the one that admitted to being in the anger stage ? :P

If others are still dealing with denial and negotiating you should respect

their grieving process :rolleyes:

I certainly hope so, I can't bear the thought of The DivingCanes winning the cup on nothing but luck.

Well, scare up another "fortunate" event for the CAR organization. Rolly is done for the playoffs with a season-ending knee injury.

I don't see how you can lose your goalie and pull this out but if there was a team that could, Edmonton might be one of them. (Of course, Leo Roth and Bucky Gleason should have been up until 1am last night writing about how it is Kevin Lowe's fault for going in to the playoffs w/o a proven back-up...)

Edmonton needs to keep hitting everyone in sight like they did last night. At least as much as I saw (only saw into the middle of the 2nd).

Canes don't like getting hit or pressured in their own zone, something somebody should've told Lindy repeatedly, since he never seemed to grasp that part of the Buffalo/Carolina series.

Memo to The Oilers : Canes are mediocre in their own zone, deadly and lucky as hell in yours.

How many goals did they bank in off our players in that series? I count 6.

you have to be kidding me? it is tough enough for a back-up to come in to a game, but with 5 minutes left and when you are not even good enough to have played in a meaningful game in probably two months?

this could break the series if rolly is seriously hurt....i really can't believe "someone" upstairs wants this CAR organization to win...

I think the hockey gods for some warped reason want the canes to win.

I predicted 'Canes in 6. That being said, I thought Edmonton played a helluva game last night. They were able to sustain more pressure on Carolina in their home rink than we were. It probably has a lot to do with a healthy defense.

I agree that Carolina has gotten lucky with opponents injuries but you have to give them credit. They are the best come -from-behind team in the NHL and they did most of it last night against Roloson.

I didn't see the game, so I didn't see the injury. Was the collision bad or was it one of those Henrik Tallinder type injuries where it occurs on a semi-inocuous looking hit?

I'm still kind of surprised that NBC didn't have the ability/desire to put any of the Cup Finals games during the week on their network. Man, with most of the Cup Final games being played on OLN, this year, whoever wins might be the "Semi-Invisible" Champs to the average sports fan.

I didn't see the game, so I didn't see the injury. Was the collision bad or was it one of those Henrik Tallinder type injuries where it occurs on a semi-inocuous looking hit?

I'm still kind of surprised that NBC didn't have the ability/desire to put any of the Cup Finals games during the week on their network. Man, with most of the Cup Final games being played on OLN, this year, whoever wins might be the "Semi-Invisible" Champs to the average sports fan.

from what i recall on the play it was probably more Bergeron's fault than anything. Ladd was driving to the net and Bergeron ended up wrecking him from the side/behind and he then plowed in to Roloson. Looks like Rolly was on his way down and his knee got bent up in the collision with Ladd and the post. PA is right about good things happen when going to the net, but injuries are not supposed to be one of them.

NBC takes over the series with Game 3 I believe...

It was a pretty routine "plow into the goalie" type of play that we see in most games. Nothing unusual or cheap. I agree the Edmonton guy probably caused most of the damage.

The thing that kills me about the injury "Luck" for Carolina......everytime a 'Cane gets dinged up he limps off the ice then comes back two shifts later seemingly unharmed. When a Hab, Sabres or Oilers player gets hurt they are out for the series! oh man, that hurts. Maybe the Carolina guys are just plain old tougher.

It was a pretty routine "plow into the goalie" type of play that we see in most games. Nothing unusual or cheap. I agree the Edmonton guy probably caused most of the damage.

The thing that kills me about the injury "Luck" for Carolina......everytime a 'Cane gets dinged up he limps off the ice then comes back two shifts later seemingly unharmed. When a Hab, Sabres or Oilers player gets hurt they are out for the series! oh man, that hurts. Maybe the Carolina guys are just plain old tougher.

I think that was what was so frustrating about losing the guys we did in that series. The last I remember of seeing Teppo in Game 1, he was skating backwards in the defensive zone, and then seemed to catch and edge and collapse. The next I knew he was out for the game, etc. The Tallinder play was so routine and invisible, during the game, that I didn't even recall it, until I saw it on the replays. And, Jay's injury, what can you say? That was just plain, lightning-zapping-you bad luck. Connolly's hit was one that definitely was a big hit with his head down, though it cost him the rest of the playoffs, while Umberger missed one game (barely).

I do wonder if the style that the Sabres play (this balls out hard skating style) opens them up to more injuries. They may be pushing their bodies to the limit (or too far) and that makes them prone to more injuries. Just a thought.

Archived