Would you rather have had a blow out?

SDS

Would you have rather had a 6-1 blow out?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. yes

• no
    • doesn't matter

It seems to me the "out-manned" reasoning would play a little better if we were clearly dominated on the scoreboard. Given that it was going to be a loss, would you feel better if it was a blowout?

IMO, we were NOT out-manned and that game could have been won, AHLers and all... It would be more at ease with a 6-1 or a 6-5 loss, knowing that we just didn't have the blueliners to pull it off. Losing by 3-2 is harder to accept because the tables could have easily been turned.

Although I agree with where you come from, our 3-2 loss shows that our guys worked their tails off on both ends of the ice. We had some very good chances as did Carolina, but we were matching each other throughout the game. It also shows me the depth we can have. ECF and with 4 AHL d-men out there we still almost pulled it off. I had a good chance when we went into these playoffs that something good would happen, and I'm not dissapointed at all. You can point the finger at particular points in the series, but the fact remains they were just a little better than us. But to be honest, with the players we had missing, they should have been a lot better than us, and maybe Buffalo keeping it close really showed everybody that this team isn't a joke or a fluke, but more that it will be a force to be reckoned with for the next 5 years.

Something Jim L said during the first period was that the Canes were purposely trying to tire our defensemen out with their puck handling. My guess is that by the third, Rory was tired.

I'm glad they threw everything they could into last night. They didn't give up, ever.

I wish that could be said of the Bills in SBs 26-28...

I am so happy that they came out and played hard and showed how deep this organization realy is. After hearing about Jay the wendsday night I felt that we had little chance in the game. The way our team played in the first two periods was great, and I am so glad they lost respecably and that it wasnt a blow out.

I prefer the close loss. It's more memorable and the frustration of losing it will just make the eventual inevitable ultimate victory that much sweeter. Plus, it certainly validates the Sabres as the cream of the East, when healthy. They can rightly say the Canes didn't defeat them, injuries did. A much better scenario than being healthy and realizing you just weren't good enough. Without a doubt, that loss will burn a hole through the Sabres next season.

I still can't get over how they played the final 50 seconds or so. It would have been so easy to just pass it around, dump the puck into the corner and peel away from the play, hang their heads. But they were hell bent to score! I loved it. Shades of Don Beebe running down that Cowboy whose name eludes me at the moment.

I prefer the close loss. It's more memorable and the frustration of losing it will just make the eventual inevitable ultimate victory that much sweeter. Plus, it certainly validates the Sabres as the cream of the East, when healthy. They can rightly say the Canes didn't defeat them, injuries did. A much better scenario than being healthy and realizing you just weren't good enough. Without a doubt, that loss will burn a hole through the Sabres next season.

I still can't get over how they played the final 50 seconds or so. It would have been so easy to just pass it around, dump the puck into the corner and peel away from the play, hang their heads. But they were hell bent to score! I loved it. Shades of Don Beebe running down that Cowboy whose name eludes me at the moment.

Yeah, what he said. ;)

Leon Lett. I hate that sumbitsch!

It would never have been a blowout.

Canes are an old overrated team who got here by pounding a sub-par division all year, high-sticking Koivu when he got too nasty for them, defeating a one line team, and going 7 games against an AHL defense.

IMO, Canes haven't shown diddly yet that warrants any kind of respect.

Oh, and yes - I don't like them very much either :-)

Archived