One Good thing about the Canes win.

deluca67

It will be easier to get 'Cup Finals' tickets. I am sure there are 5,000 to 6,000 tickets left for each Canes home game.

Talk about backing in. Having to go the final period of seven games to get past a team that is missing their best forward and top four blueliners?

Unless the Oilers have a horrific bus crash can you say "Oilers Sweep"? ;)

The Drive to the 2007 Cup Finals begins now ;)

I like how the OLN guys were saying the "Let's Go Buffalo" chant was a "Let's go Canes" chant.

What will the Canes do without the Buffalo Fans there to sell out their arena? ;)

I think they may sell out monday night alot of bigwheels and folks who were so confident they would be in finals will be willing to pay the extra $$$ for stanley cup finals.

I think they may sell out monday night alot of bigwheels and folks who were so confident they would be in finals will be willing to pay the extra $$$ for stanley cup finals.

Are you sure Dick Trickle doesn't have a gig somewhere that night?

Another good thing: I don't have to watch OLN again for a few months. I don't have to stare at a player on the bench as the other team breaks in for a scoring chance. They really need to get a new producer for these games.

By the time we get back into OLN, it will be the "Versus" network --- oooooh, name change.

Seriously, they need to grab a couple new producers/directors, and a couple new camermen while they're at it...

[rant]

I am all for making this the official crap on the 'Canes thread!

What a bunch of azzholes these 'Canes are, especially Weight. How can anybody outside their fans like them?

This is one time where evil triumphs over good, Goliath over David.

Score a character victory for Buffalo... They put together a heck of a team... Even with 1/4 of the team being from the minors, they still put the fear of Gof into the "mighty" 'Canes...

And how sweet it was to see the Kevyn Adams get denied... Don't get me wrong, I like that he is from WNY... But his chippy play throughout the series was making me puke... Hope the family gets what they want... Flame me all you want, that whole situation makes me vomit about how open they were... AND OTHER THINGS.

[/end rant]

I like how the OLN guys were saying the "Let's Go Buffalo" chant was a "Let's go Canes" chant.

What will the Canes do without the Buffalo Fans there to sell out their arena? ;)

Yes, the Carolina conspiracy has infiltrated OLN.

The Goat

Yes, the Carolina conspiracy has infiltrated OLN.

The Goat

It isn't necessarily a conspiracy than it is spin and lies to protect Carolina and the league from embarassing themselves... That is what pisses me off abou the NHL... It is all how they brand the product. To some extent it works (Stanley Cup), others it doesn't (fickle southern fans).

Like when the OLN guy said you couldn't get a ticket... That was flat out lie... And the casual watcher (if there was anybody outside WNY or anyone interested in WNY sports) will believe that piece of crap...

They should get them (OLN) to work for the White House and PR the war in Iraq... Or PR for the company I work for (US Corps of Engineers)... They sure need people to "buy" into what they are "selling."

:(

Another good thing: I don't have to watch OLN again for a few months. I don't have to stare at a player on the bench as the other team breaks in for a scoring chance. They really need to get a new producer for these games.

Thank you for bringing this up. I don't know what goes on in their production room but it might go something like this:

OLN exec producer: "They are talking about Afinogenov, get a shot of him"

Camera man #1: "He is headed to the bench, are you sure that is what you want?"

OLN exec prod: "When you have my job, then you can make those decisions."

Camera man # 2: "Uh, boss, the Canes are in the offensive zone peppering Miller."

OLN exec prod: "Why don't we have that up yet, you guys are so fired." :rolleyes:

I also like nothing more than to get a real close look at the guy with the puck. Who cares that you can't see the play developing...

Archived