Adam Mair

PTS

Can I just say how much I love this guy. He is the best fourth liner you could ask for. His touch is still off as you would expect for someone who missed most of the season but everytime he's on the ice the Canes are looking over their shoulders. If Kaberle didn't duck in the last second when Mair gallop thru him, Kaberle would have been blasted in 2007.

I just love the effort he puts in every single shift. That line was great yesterday.

I love the physicality this guy plays with. I would put him on D for a few shifts and see how he does. This might not be a bad idea with Teppo likley out for game 7. Whatever it takes has got to be the motto for game 7. I can not stand the idea of the Canes playing for the cup. They cant even fill the seats down there! The Canes do not deserve a shot at the Cup. GO SABRES!

Where did everyone go who was yelling at me for wanting Mair back? Rewind a few days and it was "Why is everyone calling for Mair to return? Whats Mair going to contribute? Who do you take out for Mair?"

Where have you gone Tomas Vanek son, people say you lack the heart to play;

play, play,play;

In the post season Tomas Vanek son, you dissappear like that David Blaine;

Blaine, Blaine, Blaine.

I'm not sure where that came from, but I decided to share my innocuous thoughts with everyone. :blink:

Where did everyone go who was yelling at me for wanting Mair back? Rewind a few days and it was "Why is everyone calling for Mair to return? Whats Mair going to contribute? Who do you take out for Mair?"

I'm right over here by my computer

I must say I was wrong, I wasn't sure if he would be able to come back and have an immediate impact, but I think he is definitly making and "impact" now!

Can I just say how much I love this guy. He is the best fourth liner you could ask for. His touch is still off as you would expect for someone who missed most of the season but everytime he's on the ice the Canes are looking over their shoulders. If Kaberle didn't duck in the last second when Mair gallop thru him, Kaberle would have been blasted in 2007.

I just love the effort he puts in every single shift. That line was great yesterday.

How great is our fourth line? I love 'em to death. I took a look at the NHL shift chart from last night ... Carolina's fourth line didn't play the 3rd period. Our 4th simply beat the Hurricanes up.

The 4th line has really gained traction in this series. Mair's return has been a huge boost. Rolling them with the Drury line has really evened out the physical game. And you also have to credit McKee, Lydman and Campbell.

After game 3, it looked like Carolina was going to try to run over our depleted defensive core. Credit the Sabres for rising to the challenge.

It's no coincidence that the Sabres played much better in games 5 and 6 than they did in game 4. Mair is big and fast and plays with such passion that it raises everyone up. That line is a force. They punish the opposition. Every shift of theirs that is primarily in Carolina's end, with Carolina's defensemen absorbing big hits, makes a big contribution. They are going to keep coming and hustling and I wouldn't be surprised if they lit the lamp tomorrow night.

How great is our fourth line? I love 'em to death. I took a look at the NHL shift chart from last night ... Carolina's fourth line didn't play the 3rd period. Our 4th simply beat the Hurricanes up.

If the Sabres continue to roll 4, and Carolina tries to keep their bench short, there will be a big benefit for the Sabres.

Fourth line was great. That said, they were on the ice for the Carolina goal. Do you want the fourth line on the ice at that point in a one-goal game? Would also be nice to get just one post-season goal from them. Tomorrow preferably.

Fourth line was great. That said, they were on the ice for the Carolina goal. Do you want the fourth line on the ice at that point in a one-goal game? Would also be nice to get just one post-season goal from them. Tomorrow preferably.

That line is not exactly out there to score goals. When they do, it's a bonus. Considering how good they played yesterday, I am fine with the fact that they were on the ice for the lone Carolina goal.

It is a bonus when they score. Unfortunately they are bonus-free in the post-season. With so many forwards struggling to score, just one goal from them would be enormous. Being ok with the lone goal scored against is fine, but should that be with less than four minutes left in a one-goal elimination game? Is that the spot for the fourth line?

It is a bonus when they score. Unfortunately they are bonus-free in the post-season. With so many forwards struggling to score, just one goal from them would be enormous. Being ok with the lone goal scored against is fine, but should that be with less than four minutes left in a one-goal elimination game? Is that the spot for the fourth line?

When I'm seeing 'Canes players lying all over the ice with a Sabres 4th liner standing above them, I don't caree if there's 5 seconds left in the thirs, its the right time to see them on the ice. I loved seeing the Carolina guy get taken down hard twice in a row by (I believe) Mair last game. He kocked him on his back and when he went to get back up, he was sent right back down in the corner

I loved seeing the Carolina guy get taken down hard twice in a row by (I believe) Mair last game. He kocked him on his back and when he went to get back up, he was sent right back down in the corner

That was Grier who did it to Kaberle.

Hockey players all look alike, I guess. :D

Archived