FU Don Van Massenhoven

PTS

I cringed when I saw he was reffing tonight. Say what you want, we had our changes, but their game tying goal and game winning goal came on horrible calls from that as-hole.

I cringed when I saw he was reffing tonight. Say what you want, we had our changes, but their game tying goal and game winning goal came on horrible calls from that as-hole.

those sort of calls are when i agree with people that want the old days back. a play that had nothing to do with breaking up a scoring chance, and as soon as JP's stick got stuck he even KNEW FUGGING enough to let it go and avoid a call and that asswipe makes a call like that in OT.....of a 2-2 series......of a Conference Final......that sucks.

also, anyone notice that Staal has become a bit of a little whiny bitch? everytime he gets touched he looks for a call? it is too bad b/c he is a good player and great for the leauge but he acts like a b!tch

:angry: Why do the stripes have to decide the game...put your egos away with your whistles unless it is a blantent pentalty....anyone (but the refs) could have seen the elbow clamp done on Dumonts stick....the refs let them back in it...the refs let them win it when the Sabres were all over them in OT....WTF.....

Late.....

those sort of calls are when i agree with people that want the old days back. a play that had nothing to do with breaking up a scoring chance, and as soon as JP's stick got stuck he even KNEW FUGGING enough to let it go and avoid a call and that asswipe makes a call like that in OT.....of a 2-2 series......of a Conference Final......that sucks.

also, anyone notice that Staal has become a bit of a little whiny bitch? everytime he gets touched he looks for a call? it is too bad b/c he is a good player and great for the leauge but he acts like a b!tch

In addition to whining, I think he has turned into a bit of a diver. I thought he dove big time on that Drury trip.

In addition to whining, I think he has turned into a bit of a diver. I thought he dove big time on that Drury trip.

Well he has one of the best in the business teaching him some new tricks. No one whines, & dives like Mark Recchi...

The Sabres had a chance to win the game on the PP at the start of OT and came up short. You put your stick on a player and your going to get called. I think with the lack of defenseman, the Sabres had to make an effort to stay out of the penalty box, but instead took one silly penalty after another.

The Sabres had a chance to win the game on the PP at the start of OT and came up short. You put your stick on a player and your going to get called. I think with the lack of defenseman, the Sabres had to make an effort to stay out of the penalty box, but instead took one silly penalty after another.

Silly penalty? Cue J.P. Dumont, Zhitnik's protege when it comes to lazy moronic penalties.

Silly penalty? Cue J.P. Dumont, Zhitnik's protege when it comes to lazy moronic penalties.

True.

His stick WAS up and around the Carolina player, right in the middle of the sweater... Ya, he let go to say: "Look I am not even holding it, he is!"

Still... Those are the new rules.

I think the carolina player was very shrewd to latch onto it for added effect!

Dumb, dumb penalty...

Now we are wishing we had Fraser or the donut popper?

One game at a time now... Game 6 is first on the radar... Slow and easy wins the race...

:D

I should replace "silly" with "stupid".

Like I said above Blue... The Carolina player was very good at making it look like a hook by holding it up there... You think J.P. wanted to leave it there? Carolina does have some real fine actors with some shrewd skills.

You're right on both goals. The Sabres never should have left the game in his hands.

I remember back when the playoffs started and the league promised the fans the games would be called the same way they have all year long. They started out OK but I have seen it deteriorate with each successive round of the playoffs. It's just the inconsistency that drives me nuts. They'll call everything for part of a game, and then start letting everything go. How do the players know how to deal with that wondering which part of the game they're in?

At least when Roy throws himself to the ice, he is only making the refs notice a penalty that is taking place. He's not making it up.

How many times have you seen Carolina grab the Sabres stick, by clamping it against their body with the elbow? Sometimes a Sabre foolishly slaps at a Hurricane and they grab on. Other times, the Hurricane initiates the contact ( like the McKee penalty ) and latches on to the stick and won't let go til they get the call.

How stupid are these refs? Do they ever watch the film of the game the next day to see which players and which team are making them look like idiots?

I knew the Hurricanes were going to score on that McKee penalty. That was one of the worst calls ever. The Hurricane player completely Buffaloed the ref. I really hope he sees the film of that today, and so do the rest of the refs, so they can be ready for that deception on Tuesday.

Two of the guys that play on my tournament team are ECHL refs. I know....not the same level as NHL, but both said that you can't call that.

Archived