Miller is Killing Us

Allan in MD

Lindy is besides himself but won't pull the trigger. It

s a tough call but Miller is losing it for us.

Anyone seen Dumont? He's been MIA for a very long time.

dude, i'm not quite sure how you expected miller to save that bang-bang pass play for the 2nd goal or a rising, just-under-the crossbar slapshot by the Caveman? I have not been a big fan of the way miller has played but he is not the problem tonight.

Our problem right now is making Laviolette look good by not gettin a single shot on a rookie with a depleted ego for getting pulled for the 2nd time in the playoffs and now playing again....

dude, i'm not quite sure how you expected miller to save that bang-bang pass play for the 2nd goal or a rising, just-under-the crossbar slapshot by the Caveman? I have not been a big fan of the way miller has played but he is not the problem tonight.

Our problem right now is making Laviolette look good by not gettin a single shot on a rookie with a depleted ego for getting pulled for the 2nd time in the playoffs and now playing again....

In the last game and so far in this one, Miller has frozen on three of the Canes goals. It's symptomatic of someone who needs to exhale big time. Miller is basically not stepping up when we desperately need him.

Man, if only max would have buried that one late...

Miller played ok, and for a team in bad shape with all the injuries, that isn't good enough, although I know those goals look unsaveable, I dunno...

It was Danny's time to respond and Hecht had the best chance but put the puck right into Ward's chest.

Meh, I dunno, I wasn't devastated when that puck went in and I could see them winning to force a 7th. I hope Teppo is back and no more BS with this maybe/maybe not junk.

I'm getting big time sick of Dumont, I only ever see the idiot when he takes a penalty.

And is Max EVER going to score again?!

Max has to realize that when he's going one on three, someone is open; get them the puck. If he ever does score in that circumstance, it will be highlight real; but in the meantime, it's lowlight real, and too much of it.

I am a big Miller fan, and he was solid tonight, but for the 2nd game in a row, Carolina got better goaltending than we did. That's the difference in this agonizingly close series so far. (along with all the GD injuries)

I think if we play that hard on Tuesday night, Miller will hold up his end and we will force game 7.

Go Sabres.

Miller also made some great saves............I really don't know how you can blame him.

I agree he made some great saves but bottom line is that he is giving up close to 4 goals a game to these guys. Not good enough. He is getting outplayed by the Gerber/Ward combo and Miller better pitch a shutout in game 6 or maybe allow only 1 goal. He played much better vs. Ottawa and was getting peppered just as often. I really thought Biron should have been given the 3rd period in our 4-0 loss at home to give him a feel for the game. Then Ruff would have had some options. Now i think you just hope Ryan becomes a magic man for game 6 and then hopefully game 7. Giving up a 3-1 lead tonight could be a death blow.

How can you say Carolina got better goaltending than we did after Gerber got yanked?

Sorry, we made Ward LOOK good, which usually happens when you aim for the crest, or can't lift the puck off the ice like Max.

Dude you gotta give credit where credit is due, he made some great pad saves and a nice glove save as well........... B-)

How can you say Carolina got better goaltending than we did after Gerber got yanked?

Sorry, we made Ward LOOK good, which usually happens when you aim for the crest, or can't lift the puck off the ice like Max.

Yes, Gerber got yanked, but I thought all 3 of our goals were pretty nice goals -- Drury's and Roy's were right inside the iron, and Lydman made a great move on his breakaway (major bummer to have squandered that one). I thought Miller at 100% sharpness would've stopped their 1st goal and the game-winner.

Just my opinion.

Yes, Gerber got yanked, but I thought all 3 of our goals were pretty nice goals -- Drury's and Roy's were right inside the iron, and Lydman made a great move on his breakaway (major bummer to have squandered that one). I thought Miller at 100% sharpness would've stopped their 1st goal and the game-winner.

Just my opinion.

True about goals 2 and 3, I thought Drury's was a little on the weak side.

Carolina's first was brutal though, and only 17 seconds after Drury's.

The truth is, unless our PP starts clicking real soon, which I doubt as long as Max and Dumont play regular shifts, we're gonna be in trouble. Also, we need to stop playing in our own zone like that, that's what costing us all those penalties, and The Canes friggin' deadly on the PP.

Buffalo fans have seriously been ruined by having Hasek play (I take that back, CARRY) this team for so long in the 90's, now everyone thinks our goalies should be pitching shutouts every night. Did you notice most of these goals going by Miller is because he is getting screened by one of his own players trying to make the save first, or by a guy being left alone right infront of the net?

Laviolette shows no confidence in his goalies, but gets lucky cause the guy coming off the bench is well rested and has a big game. Gerber didn't deserve to get pulled after the third goal, considering it wasn't his fault his team kept letting Sabres players in alone on him. Ward steps in coming off a bit of a rest and plays good, not much more you can do

Good call SDS. I notice you're a bit obsessed with Paris, eh?

Miller has been good. That's all. Good is not good enough at this point. The five hole issue is becoming a concern.

The two times Laviolette has pulled his goalie, it has served to change the momentum of the game. Give him credit. It's not really luck. He's knows his team and how they will react.

In game four, the problem was WE DIDN"T SCORE.

In game five the problem was WE DIDN'T SCORE WHEN CHANCES WERE HANDED TO US.

Miller is NOT the problem.

You are the same people that complain about Losman when he had swiss cheese for an OL.

Miller isn't the problem - Carolina is playing well and not giving up - just like the Sabres. I'd say the reason they're leading the series is our lower quality defense due to injuries. I like Rory but he's looking very shaky out there. I'd say Janik & Jillson are peforming as well as can be expected - there's a reason they spent most of the season in AAA - it's not on the same level as the NHL - the fact they can step in at all says something.

I don't know about not trading for more D (easy to say that) but having an AHL minor leaguer in Fitpatrick for 7th was a big mistake, especially with Teppo's history.

Anyway, I think we'll win game 6 and as always, anything can happen in a game 7 - time to be that 20% which wins after losing game 5 in a tie series.

The forwards not scoring deserves a lot of blame for this loss - maybe Maxim needs to sit for a game and get his head straight - he's faking himself out now and I think it's dragging down the team especially when he turns the puck over. How about Andrew Peters??? He's got as good a chance to score as Afinogenov right now!

Miller lets more people score between his legs than Paris Hilton...

Did you see McKee on the OT goal....putting his stick right behind the 5-hole? He knew where it was headed.

I guess with Paris it's the 8 1/2 hole.

I didn't say Miller was the problem. But if he's playing anywhere near the standard he set in the Ottawa series, where he was tested a lot more than this series, we would be getting ready to play Edmonton in the finals. No need to apologize for the guy. Four goals a game does not cut it. Again, he's been good, but not good enough. Not a controversial statement really.

Archived