Miller is Killing Us

Allan in MD

Buffalo fans have seriously been ruined by having Hasek play (I take that back, CARRY) this team for so long in the 90's, now everyone thinks our goalies should be pitching shutouts every night. Did you notice most of these goals going by Miller is because he is getting screened by one of his own players trying to make the save first, or by a guy being left alone right infront of the net?

Laviolette shows no confidence in his goalies, but gets lucky cause the guy coming off the bench is well rested and has a big game. Gerber didn't deserve to get pulled after the third goal, considering it wasn't his fault his team kept letting Sabres players in alone on him. Ward steps in coming off a bit of a rest and plays good, not much more you can do

Laviolette ISN'T changing goalies to get a better goalie in there... He is doing it so his team plays better around the new goalie... He is sending a message to his team.

IMO, unfortunately... He has showed his hand twice now BEFORE game six... It will stop working.

He is messing with fire... Because when Buffalo wins game 6... The team will be schizo...

The quick fix worked... And this isn't the Cup yet!

Buffalo is at a HUGE advantage for game 7.

Notice I don't say if... It has escaped my vocab... It is strange becuase outwardly I show a pessimistic side... I never felt so confident in my life going into these two games with this team!

Don't worry (Carolina "platooning" goalies)... This will backfire!

Game 4 was an aberration...

In game four, the problem was WE DIDN"T SCORE.

In game five the problem was WE DIDN'T SCORE WHEN CHANCES WERE HANDED TO US.

Miller is NOT the problem.

You are the same people that complain about Losman when he had swiss cheese for an OL.

Good to see ya here Wacka! :D

Thanks for infusing some sane thoughts into the argument... Did I just say that? ;) ;)

Laviolette ISN'T changing goalies to get a better goalie in there... He is doing it so his team plays better around the new goalie... He is sending a message to his team.

IMO, unfortunately... He has showed his hand twice now BEFORE game six... It will stop working.

He is messing with fire... Because when Buffalo wins game 6... The team will be schizo...

The quick fix worked... And this isn't the Cup yet!

Buffalo is at a HUGE advantage for game 7.

Notice I don't say if... It has escaped my vocab... It is strange becuase outwardly I show a pessimistic side... I never felt so confident in my life going into these two games with this team!

Don't worry (Carolina "platooning" goalies)... This will backfire!

Game 4 was an aberration...

Good to see ya here Wacka! :D

Thanks for infusing some sane thoughts into the argument... Did I just say that? ;) ;)

The Sabres will win game 6. I have no flippin' idea who will win game 7. I hope you are right and the Sabres win, because whoever wins this series is the SC Champs unless Roloson plays a LOT better than he did so far. The Eulers haven't played a team yet that is nearly as good as the 2 doing battle in the east. (Yes, I know they beat Detroit, I still stand by that statement.)

I didn't say Miller was the problem. But if he's playing anywhere near the standard he set in the Ottawa series, where he was tested a lot more than this series, we would be getting ready to play Edmonton in the finals. No need to apologize for the guy. Four goals a game does not cut it. Again, he's been good, but not good enough. Not a controversial statement really.

It gets even harder to make a save when your own guys are screening shots trying to make a save themselves or when the puck is being redirected into the net off of their sticks or bodies. Not only has Miller had to make saves off of Carolina shots, he also has to wory about making a save off of his own players

Miller has been good. That's all. Good is not good enough at this point. The five hole issue is becoming a concern.

The kicker is that butterfly goalies tend to not give up goals in the lower part of the net. Bottom line...Miller needs to play better.

The kicker is that butterfly goalies tend to not give up goals in the lower part of the net. Bottom line...Miller needs to play better.

And do you think there is any strange chance that Laviolette being the 2006 US Olympic coach and passing on Miller, only to make him an alternate... Think he knows something... He is making Miller look bad with the strategy that he is imploying against the Sabres' netminder in this series...

??

And do you think there is any strange chance that Laviolette being the 2006 US Olympic coach and passing on Miller, only to make him an alternate... Think he knows something... He is making Miller look bad with the strategy that he is imploying against the Sabres' netminder in this series...

??

Don Waddell made the player decisions for the US Olympic team. Laviolette was there to coach the team. I'm sure he thinks highly of Miller.

This quote from Lindy after the game about Cam Ward..."That's what he was, [superb]", said Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff. "He definitely made the key saves at the key times for them to win a hockey game."

We all know Miller is not playing as well as he did vs. Ottawa. He's not making the key saves at the key times to win games. Too many five hole goals. At least a couple on the short side over his blocker and a couple that just went "through" him. He's not playing well enough for us to win this series. Neither is the D or the Offense but goalie is the easiest position to fix since we all know a goalie can steal a series.

My only beef with Ruff this whole series was not letting Biron get some mop up duty in game 4. He could have seen his game and given his team some options for game 5 or 6. NOw we just hope and pray Ryan gets hot.

Don Waddell made the player decisions for the US Olympic team. Laviolette was there to coach the team. I'm sure he thinks highly of Miller.

This quote from Lindy after the game about Cam Ward..."That's what he was, [superb]", said Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff. "He definitely made the key saves at the key times for them to win a hockey game."

We all know Miller is not playing as well as he did vs. Ottawa. He's not making the key saves at the key times to win games. Too many five hole goals. At least a couple on the short side over his blocker and a couple that just went "through" him. He's not playing well enough for us to win this series. Neither is the D or the Offense but goalie is the easiest position to fix since we all know a goalie can steal a series.

My only beef with Ruff this whole series was not letting Biron get some mop up duty in game 4. He could have seen his game and given his team some options for game 5 or 6. NOw we just hope and pray Ryan gets hot.

What good would bringing Biron in actually have done? I'm sorry Sabres fans, Biron is a good goalie, but not a great one...especially when the pressure is on.

It would have given the Sabres an OPTION if they so desired. It also would have given Miller some rest, something to stew over and a different perspective of the game being played.

Game 4 was yank night after it was obvious we weren't scoring a goal. Not Miller's fault we lost, just saying he could have been give the 3rd period off. It wouldn't have hurt, let's put it that way.

It would have given the Sabres an OPTION if they so desired. It also would have given Miller some rest, something to stew over and a different perspective of the game being played.

Game 4 was yank night after it was obvious we weren't scoring a goal. Not Miller's fault we lost, just saying he could have been give the 3rd period off. It wouldn't have hurt, let's put it that way.

And what kind of effect would this have had on Ryan mentally? I am sure Ruff didn't pull him for a very good reason.

Archived