Funniest moment of Game 3

PASabreFan

After Glen Wesley slashed Briere's stick in half, Danny showed the ref what was left of it. Hilarious look on Briere's face.

I loved that, his stick snaps in half and he just lifts up what was left of it in front of the ref and gave him this look like WTF???????

Although I did think they were going to put Briere in the box for diving on that call, LOL

Please educate me... I didn't realize it was considered slashing if you only made contact with the stick. I thought smacking down on a stick was considered standard practice?

Please educate me... I didn't realize it was considered slashing if you only made contact with the stick. I thought smacking down on a stick was considered standard practice?

You can hook a guy's stick (within reason, see Grier keeping a Cane from getting a shot off in Game 1 as classic example of how to properly do it) but if you "slash" it, you can get called for it and 90% of the time this season that someone has slashed a stick in half he has gone and sat by himself for a bit.

You can hook a guy's stick (within reason, see Grier keeping a Cane from getting a shot off in Game 1 as classic example of how to properly do it) but if you "slash" it, you can get called for it and 90% of the time this season that someone has slashed a stick in half he has gone and sat by himself for a bit.

I want to say it wasn't always the case. I don't remember whether or not they used to make that call before the change in the rules. I guess I should've paid more attention.

I want to say it wasn't always the case. I don't remember whether or not they used to make that call before the change in the rules. I guess I should've paid more attention.

True, but the NHL's games were called a lot differently then. When I was a kid we were taught to smack away on the stick but if you wind up a solid two-hander (like Wesley did) it would be called.

This season, the NHL's refs are finally making an attempt to call the game the way it should be called IMO.

True, but the NHL's games were called a lot differently then. When I was a kid we were taught to smack away on the stick but if you wind up a solid two-hander (like Wesley did) it would be called.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Slashing sticks away was one of my favorite things to do when I played.

Now that I think about it, I missed the Wesley slash for some reason last night, so I have no idea how bad it was.

Now that I think about it, I missed the Wesley slash for some reason last night, so I have no idea how bad it was.

Since you didn't see it I'll just say that it looked like he was thinking more about his golf swing than hockey.

Archived